1. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Default Mick Schumacher makes his race debut

From autoBlog

9-year-old Mick Schumacher makes his race debut in Spain

Posted Apr 21st 2008 5:58PM by Noah Joseph
    Filed under: Motorsports, Euro, Celebrities
    With seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher retired from Formula One and his kid brother Ralf moving on to DTM, the racing world was just getting used to the idea of the post-Schumacher era. Racing fans, however, can look forward to the continuation of the dynasty, as Michael's nine-year-old son has taken to the track himself. Mick Schumacher got behind the wheel of an Alonso kart, ironically, for a low-level event in Spain, finishing the two races tenth and eighth, and will proceed to three more rounds in the series. The Schumachers tried their hardest to keep the young Mick out of the press limelight, entering him in the race under his mother's maiden name Betsch and accompanied at the event by his grandfather Rolf (Michael and Ralf's father), but you can bet the motorsport press will be keeping a close eye on the young Schumacher already nicknamed Schumi III, following his father and uncle as his career progresses.
    [Source: F1-Live, Photo: as.com]

2. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Wow, That family has some talent.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

3. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

It will be great if he turns out being as good as his dad because he had some great talent.

4. CarboyZR1 is offline Asian

Like Father, like son.

5. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

Quote Originally Posted by CarboyZR1 »
    Like Father, like son.
    What he said.

6. ShiZzl3 is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by carmadmike »
    Wow, That family has some talent.
    More determination, enthusiasm, Practice is what gets you there, not to mention courage. there are many here that couldn't handle those speeds.

7. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Great talent and at such a young age

8. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Lucky kid having Michael Schumacher as his dad, he's had so many opportunities as his son and such good teaching. Wish i was Phil Morrisons son...

Nah, joking, i love my dad. But it would be cool to have parents in motorsport.

9. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

Quote Originally Posted by DriftNismo »
    But it would be cool to have parents in motorsport.
    AMEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

10. mikipvfc is offline user title eh???? okay er

wow i wish i did karting when i was nine but i failed still havent done but i gunna do it fast lane karting in fenton (whooop de wooo)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    caterham r500 fan woooo its back

11. iBilo is offline ;)

Karting is brilliant, I race karts myself. It is such a blast!!

12. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

Hey Chrisicus, do you have a quick online crash course in karting driving techniques? I'm going for my first-ever race on sunday...

You're impossible, Mark

13. iBilo is offline ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Car Freak »
    Hey Chrisicus, do you have a quick online crash course in karting driving techniques? I'm going for my first-ever race on sunday...
    First 3 laps take it easy = tyres cold, engine cold, brakes cold.

Once you feel the tyres and the engine and the brakes are hot enough (you should be able to feel that, the brakes get sharper when heated and the engine runs more smoothly and the tyres grip more.)

Only brake when you need to brake, don't stamp on the brakes for now. Squeeze the brakes. ONLY brake in a straight line, NEVER turning in for a corner (the result is you facing the wrong way.)

Squeeze the throttle when you at the APEX of the corner, sometimes you can do it before, if you feel the back end (oversteer like drifting) come out, lift off briefly then put back the throttle.

Overtaking, don't lunge down people's insides from miles back fgs. All that does it ruin your race and the next driver's race. The best way to overtake is outbraking into a tight corner e.g. hairpin. make sure you are very close to their bumper before you overtake, then when you approach the corner move down into their inside and when they brake, you brake. Put on the throttle earlier so you still keep your speed up in the corner.

If your faster down the straight just fly past them. Never try to overtake around the outside, this is risky and likely you'll go off as they come out the corner.

If you want more info (this guide is good (not above, below!))

http://www.karting1.co.uk/karting-techniques.htm

14. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

yay! Guess the outcome?

You're impossible, Mark

15. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

I take it you came first!, Well done!

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

16. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

<proud>

You're impossible, Mark