1. [TC]>Lee< is offline <3's TDU

Default Cant open TDU! :(

Help..!!!

This is the message i get when i try to open it..

HELP please!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SOOAG - SMUG OWNER OF A G25

2. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

What does it say when you click the link?

3. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

I get messages like this all the time. Although I think it's my cd drive which is causing that problem.

4. [TC]>Lee< is offline <3's TDU

This is what it says.

We suspect you are receiving this error message as a result of the use of an emulation program that tampers registry keys.

Note: These tampered entries have NOT been caused by SecuROMô. Please also note, you should only delete duplicate entries and not any others. SecuROMô is not liable for any problems caused by using these instructions. We provide them only as a service and to assist with repairing the launch issue.

• Please open the registry editor (Start->Run->regedit) and move to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices\ area (by clicking on this folder, you will see all the entries on the right side). Look at the entries with an alpha designation (ie: \DosDevices\Letter_Here). You should see one of entries with letters with duplicate entries. If you delete the duplicate entry (right mouse click and choose 'Delete' from the choices), you should be able to exit RegEdit and launch your program.
    • If the problem persists, please delete all REG_BINARY entries in this folder (only blue ones on the right side). Reboot your computer immediately, the entries will be re-established, and the game should start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5. mac_mogul is offline Mustang Owner

:edit:
    Whoooooops you posted before I did!

6. [TC]>Lee< is offline <3's TDU

• "Please open the registry editor (Start->Run->regedit) and move to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices\ area (by clicking on this folder, you will see all the entries on the right side). Look at the entries with an alpha designation (ie: \DosDevices\Letter_Here). You should see one of entries with letters with duplicate entries. If you delete the duplicate entry (right mouse click and choose 'Delete' from the choices), you should be able to exit RegEdit and launch your program.
    • If the problem persists, please delete all REG_BINARY entries in this folder (only blue ones on the right side). Reboot your computer immediately, the entries will be re-established, and the game should start."

It aint got any duplicate entrys! and i dont wanna delete all REG_BINARY entries coz i dont know what that does ..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

7. Captain_ClutchKick is offline Slidey slidey!

Angry

All was well yesterday, everything worked, now TDU just doesn't start up at all. I get the ATARI jingle, then the Eden one, then a very prettty black screen for a few seconds and then a crash to desktop.

Tried re-installing, there's no blink file in system32... but it still crashes and it worked perfectly until now.

EIDT: Let's try a system restore...

DIET: ...and a re-install...

IDET: ...no. MY TDU IS DEAD!! :eek_blue:

TEDI: Fixed. Don't install custom radio stations as the manual says
    Last edited by Captain_ClutchKick; 21/04/08 at 21:04 PM.

8. [TC]>Lee< is offline <3's TDU

Cheers for the thread hijack! Anyhoo any1 had the same problem as me wanna tell me how they sorted it plz!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

You can delete the REG_BINARY entries no problem - they will rebuild automatically on reboot.

Also do you have any virtual CD/emulation programs on your computer?

10. Captain_ClutchKick is offline Slidey slidey!

Sorry dude. But check what files are in your profile save directory, that can cause it to fall over.

11. [TC]>Lee< is offline <3's TDU

Yea ive got Daemon tools pro but the free trial has run out..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

12. [TC]>Lee< is offline <3's TDU

Im trying a re-install atm, hopefully this will get rid of the problem because tbh i wanna play tdu
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

13. [TC]>Lee< is offline <3's TDU

Grr, re-install didnt solve anything total joke
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

14. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

It's probably because you're using Daemon Tools.

15. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by [TC]>Lee< »
    Yea ive got Daemon tools pro but the free trial has run out..
    Get rid of all traces of it from your system and you should be fine to play TDU again.

16. [TC]>Lee< is offline <3's TDU

Im not actually using Deamon tools i cant even open it, i tryed to install tdu again and it gave me a error asking for a file that cant be found :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

17. Rebuilda is offline Rusted Banger

BUMP
    I am getting the same message on my T60 lenovo laptop and a quad core game spec PC.
    I have a spotless original disk which works fine in my main PC. The other two computers have all required criteria fulfilled but still this infernal message and lack of playability.
    I have mailed the report to securom and all i got back was an automated e-mail (to which i have replied) and eagerly await their excuse..
    Anybody got any other ideas?