1. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

Default Extended Glass in Firefox

Shiny
    Quote Originally Posted by 6Xgate @ neowin.net

for all you people who have been looking for a way to get Vista's glass effect in Firefox, look no further. Here is an extension for Firefox 3 that will do it. Please read this entire article before install this extension.

THIS IS ALPHA QUALITY

This extension is alpha quality, I whipped it together quickly.
    In the javascript file I used a portion of the code from the MinimizeToTray extension. It's license stands for that portion that I am aware of.

Known Issues

It will work on the Vista Basic theme, but will not produce the blue toolbars as Windows Explorer does, this will still a work in progress.

Install

Download: Glasser Installer (XPI)

To install Glasser, first download the file, then drag and drop it to your Firefox window.

Options

I would like to thank Carl Booth for the Aqua personal bar, Relativity_17 for the heads up on the native theme element for Windows Mail/Calendar look, and ptmb for for the heads up on the native theme element for Windows Media Player look.

If you want the Windows Explorer, Windows Media Player, or Windows Mail style background on the personal toolbar, download GlasserExtras.zip. You can install the CSS files with either the Stylish Add-on, or by edit your userChrome.css file.

If you want to remove the menu-bar, try either Personal Menu or Hide Menubar. Both support using the Alt key to temperately show the menu-bar and Personal Menu lets you keep a button on the toolbar to gain access to the menus.

Source Code

XPCOM for DWM access source and the GeckoSDK
    Source of the extension XPI (just the XPI with the ZIP ending and higher compression.

Final Note

I hope you folks enjoy this extension. If anyone has any suggestions or paths you wish to submit feel free, I'm look to improve this more.

License

Code:
    Copyright 2008 Matthew Holder. All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
       2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
    Source

Forget Safari, I'm going back to Firefox

2. t.
    t. is offline Retired

You used Safari. lol. I stay with the nightly webkit builds not the ones apple chucks out. Have to say I use vista via parallels (occasionally) and I'll grab this theme later. Thanks.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

3. iBilo is offline ;)

Nothing wrong with Safari. =]

4. t.
    t. is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisicus »
    Nothing wrong with Safari. =]
    For most yes. On the 5 macs I've run in the last few years Safari has had niggles here there and everywhere that have put me off it. Admittedly most of what put me off happened a while ago, way before Safari made the windows jump. I like Safari. When I choose to use it I just opt to use the nightly webkit dev builds not the apple releases.

I don't know how Safari fares on Windows. Never used it there.

flickr

5. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

That windows 98 style firefox on vista has been annoying me and now someone has fixed it.

6. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Seeing what Firefox could look like i decided to get a skin as well. not this one

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

7. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

how do you get the nightly builds for mac?

*woot, mac owner hi-5*
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

8. RB26DETT is offline Banned

purrty! nice find randy! it'll go well with my vista-ish GUI.

EDIT: will this work on XP?

9. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

Safari's not bad. Fast though. Like, really fast

Lwsbrck: I dunno, 5 is the latest public beta (and the last before final release of FF3). But the mac GUI is different to windows anyway.

RB: I thought about that, but I don't actually know. It works on Vista Basic apparently, so I don't see why it shouldn't work on XP. Try it, see what happens

10. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Will this work on XP?

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

11. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

Read above post

12. RB26DETT is offline Banned

hehe nvm. i found a similar one when you go to the add-ons site. it's called "aero glass"

13. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Ive had a problem With installation, when its dropped into the firefox window it doesnt go into themes, it goes into Extensions.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

14. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

it dont work in xp. Link me to that aero glass rb.

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

15. RB26DETT is offline Banned

meh. it's not as good as the one randy posted.

here are some of the aero themes.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5344

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4583

i'm using iFox right now to go with my jessica alba wallpaper. HAWT!

16. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Ive had to uninstall FireFox 3 as well, My comp went Heywire, So i hope this aero glass works with firefox 2

17. t.
    t. is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Lwsbrck »
    how do you get the nightly builds for mac?

*woot, mac owner hi-5*
    http://nightly.webkit.org/

Its simple it comes as an app named webkit, but it runs off of Safari. So you keep all your bookmarks etc. Plus you get a gold compass.

flickr

18. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

cheers mate

+rep
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

19. t.
    t. is offline Retired

No prob. Need anything Mac wise just shout. Im no genius but I might be able to point you somewhere.

flickr