Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Default GT5 Put Back - Summer 09

Leading video game retailer confirms long wait for the highly anticipated PS3 racing simulation.
    In an email sent to customers, GAME, a leading retailer of video games, has confirmed Gran Turismo 5 won't be released this year, with European PlayStation 3 gamers having to wait until 2009.
    "The legendary "Real Driving Simulator" Gran Turismo 5 is heading to PlayStation 3 in 2009, utilising the uber-console's raw horsepower to generate an unrivalled level of realism," states the GAME email.
    The email does, however, promote the March 28 release of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, which will be priced only £19.99. This early teaser will feature five tracks and 40 cars, plus 16-player online racing.
    Gran Turismo 5 currently has a tentative 2008 release date in both Japan and North America.
    http://www.videogamer.com/news/23-02-2008-7598.html

NOOOO, what to, all people that were going to buy the ps3 and get gt5 at the same time will have to wait another year!

And I thought this game would make me want to play on ps3, Time to put it back away for a year!

EDIT: This is quite old news, posted on that site last month!
    EDIT2: You all probably know this. (I fail again! )
    Last edited by Microphone; 17/04/08 at 15:44 PM.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

2. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Not a big supprise i think it will be 2010 to be honest before its released. Good thing for me as I don't have that purchase to make soon and I won't be able to afford it them so have a reason not to buy it.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

3. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

I knew this would happen, i mean look how many time GT4 got delayed by.

4. TimBud is offline brmm

wow, gosh, sony are really digging their own grave eh. The one game that will make the console do well and they delay it again. Thats a good move

5. Nodz86 is offline ____________

TBH i cant see GT5 being released til Xmas 09

6. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

It makes me think will i even buy it.
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

7. TimBud is offline brmm

I know i won't. But then i did say that about FM2 also.
    But at least with that i didn't have to buy a whole new console...

8. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

Atleasts it gives them enough time to fix the sounds from the cars, you don't hear them when they drive past on a replay, and the tire noise is so annoying!
    And it gives them time to do something about the understeer.
    Wasn't going to get it anyway, by the time Forza 3 is out aswell, so GT5 is going to be powned.

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

9. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Forza 3 won't be out then, no chance.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

10. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

Its a Japanese game. They will not stop until it is perfect and has everything the public wants. Doubt it will be perfect but. I would say when the final product comes out it will be worth buying a PS3.

11. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Quote Originally Posted by KingSkyline »
    Its a Japanese game. They will not stop until it is perfect and has everything the public wants. Doubt it will be perfect but. I would say when the final product comes out it will be worth buying a PS3.
    I have to agree with you there

12. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

GTA4 is selling the PS3 never mind GT5 Prologue. No, I'm not joking.
    I'm a bit mental.

13. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

Quote Originally Posted by mellors »
    I have to agree with you there
    Thank you. (I'm posting from school while doing a Media project)

Teacher doesn't care.

14. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Quote Originally Posted by Pherelas »
    Not a big supprise i think it will be 2010 to be honest before its released.
    I think your thinking of Duke nukem forever there lol.

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

15. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

Quote Originally Posted by Pherelas »
    Forza 3 won't be out then, no chance.
    Forza 3 is coming out in the 2nd Quarter of 2009.

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

16. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mb »
    Forza 3 is coming out in the 2nd Quarter of 2009.
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo

17. iBilo is offline ;)

I think it should have come out back then..

If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.

18. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisicus »
    I think it should have come out back then..

If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.
    AHHHH, im scared, I somehow know the lyrics to that song, I dont know how. help?

19. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

So do I, But then again The song was a big hit at the time

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

20. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Well at least it's not 2010. In January Polyphony Digital said it could be 2009, but a more realistic date would be Q2/Q3 2010. I'm happy they are delaying it though, what would you rather have: The game out later this year with no cockpit view, or the game out in 2009/2010 with cockpit view for around 1000 cars?

And can you really expect Forza 3 to compare to this?
    Hopefully they'll sort out the physics for 3. The physics were quite good in 1, terrible in 2 though imo.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mb »
    Atleasts it gives them enough time to fix the sounds from the cars, you don't hear them when they drive past on a replay, and the tire noise is so annoying!
    And it gives them time to do something about the understeer.
    Wasn't going to get it anyway, by the time Forza 3 is out aswell, so GT5 is going to be powned.
    Can you HONESTLY tell me that you had understeer problems with Prologue? Unless you drove with TCS and SM without Professional mode.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last