+ Reply to Thread

1. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

*testing to see if I can post here*

2. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Right.. can post here.. but not edit a post.

3. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Can't post in any other sections, says 'message too short' as if no characters are being entered.

And chatbox is broken - just stuck on 'loading' for me.

Might try clearing out cookies to see if that helps.
    Last edited by kalniel; 21/01/09 at 19:01 PM. Reason: can I edit

4. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

ok.. the edit is registering as an edit attempt (adds reason for edit).. but doesn't actually change any of the text that I edit.

Chatbox still not working after clearing out cookies and restarting Firefox. Something is borked.

5. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Still can't post anywhere else but this thread.

6. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Let me check your permissions mate.
    I'm a bit mental.

7. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

What about another browser kal? Your permissions are fine, I'm going to run a test on the user table make sure no records need repaired.
    I'm a bit mental.

8. And3rs is offline Here for my yearly visit

Five posts in a row.. j/k

9. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    What about another browser kal? Your permissions are fine, I'm going to run a test on the user table make sure no records need repaired.
    IE is fine (can quote you in IE - couldn't in FF). Pretty sure it's something my end, but there shouldn't be anything in TDU-C that I have a problem with - have you changed any scripts in the last few days that might be blocked for security/privacy reasons? (I know some websites do something funny with header information I think that can sometimes cause firewalls to block them). TDU-C scripts are allowed in FF, but there might be some built-in protection somewhere else that's stopping it.

10. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Okay, what are you using googleapis for Diablo?

11. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Instead of having all the JavaScript code for the forum embedded in the forum - thus page load increase and bandwidth hit - the JavaScript is now fed from Google's server. It's much faster, is always upto date and makes the forum load quicker than before. Plus it decreases load on the server which is the main reason for doing it.
    I'm a bit mental.

12. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Instead of having all the JavaScript code for the forum embedded in the forum - thus page load increase and bandwidth hit - the JavaScript is now fed from Google's server. It's much faster, is always upto date and makes the forum load quicker than before. Plus it decreases load on the server which is the main reason for doing it.
    Right - that was the problem: running scripts from a source external to the website is a security risk (malicious code could be injected), hence it was being blocked.

13. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

That's my mistake for not mentioning this then so sorry. I understand the security aspect of what that could result in.
    I'm a bit mental.

14. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

No worries. Feel free to delete the posts about the problem/possible vulnerability (or move them somewhere not publically viewable).

15. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

It's fine, the external inclusion is done via a script and verified first so there is no security lapse to worry about.
    I'm a bit mental.

16. (Crazee) Guest

Smile How Long?

How long should it take to receive my activation e-mail? I need to download Djey's Magic Map because i installed a car without knowing that i need his magic map for cars that are a larger size than their default replacement. I also wanted to say Hi and that I am joining the forum.

17. t.
    t. is offline Retired

Should be instant, I assume you've checked your junk folders etc. Try to sign in with the account you made and then it should let you re send your activation email. I think.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

18. Crazee is offline Rusted Banger

Don't worry, i got my activation and now my account is up-and-running

This is a great forum and I hope I'm not too noobish for it.

19. bob
    bob is offline Sportscar Racer

Don't be a stranger and remember that this place now owns your teeth.
    bob - the man who gets to test & explode everything!

20. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Quote Originally Posted by bob »
    Don't be a stranger and remember that this place now owns your teeth.
    Yes we do, how do you think we pay for this place, massive daily shipments to the tooth fairy
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

Search Tags