1. Steve [MERCEDES] is offline KBIC

Default ever get into a car accident?

i have no idea why i thought of this. i just... did. lol. oh i think i read somewhere on here that someone got into an accident? i dunno. but i figured i'd make a thread outta it : ]

i have, like a few weeks ago. it was really scary. some idiot was trying to swerve into my car, and my mom paniced and hit the gas to move foward, then the guy in front of us braked outta nowhere to turn i guess, and we hit them. but my mom has a Hummer H2 so we pretty much suffered no damage... lol. but we hit like, a Chevy work-van and the 2 doors in the back were smashed in... oh and my mom was like having a nervous breakdown cause i was screaming cause it was like my first accident, and she thought i got hurt and started flipping out. lol i love my madre.

did any one here ever get into a car accident??

2. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Default Re: ever get into a car accident?

Yes i have i wrote of my old car on the M55 near jct3 rolled it after being clipped by a truck, went up the embankment and then rollled down again. Broke a leg, arm, two ribs, and had whiplash. I was very lucky. Heres a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Did you get compensation? I know you see all those ads full of ambulance chasers but that sounded like a genuine nothing you could do about it accident.
    I'm a bit mental.

4. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

I did i got 10k and the driver of the truck got 1 and a half years in prison for driving without due care and attention.

5. Street Ryder is offline Speed Demon

Luckily i have never been involved in a crash and hope i never will, cause most people end up dying or seriously injured, so drive safe

6. Allmighteh is offline Rusted Banger

Well adding a bit more on the compensation discussion, i work in a solicitors office, the main cases we deal with are RTA's cases (road traffic accidents) and i must say with that type of accident mate you should of got alot more than 10k. I mean with a whiplash injury that lasts around 5 months, can get you around 3k, so a Broke a leg, arm, two ribs, and whiplash, i would of said could of got you a hell of alot more than 10k.

7. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

To be honest i wasnt bothered about the money, i was just glad i was safe. 10k was uselful at the time but like you say i could have got more but it's finished with now.

8. TOOL is offline Hot Hatch

I got rear ended at a stop light a few years ago, he was doing like 40 and nailed the back of my car. I sufferd minor whiplash it wasnt to bad.