1. PabloTeK is offline Drives a Yellow 'Vette

Default Good TDU Router?

Hi,

At the moment I want to throw my router outside, eat it and then run it over with my car so I'm looking for a new one. It's got to be < £30 and have 802.11g for ADSL and that's it. Oh, and it needs to support the Xbox 360 wireless adapter, any ideas?

2. khevolution is offline Most likely To Hit a Tree

may i recommend this, its what i use and apart from my Internet dropping out for a second when i my dad boots up his laptop ( he rarely use it) i've never had a problem, best router i've had

but whats the problem with your router now, as someone on here might be able to help you to fix it, so you don't have to spend your hard earned pennies!

3. PabloTeK is offline Drives a Yellow 'Vette

It'll just restart itself and while I do the TDU fix it just happens the next day.

4. khevolution is offline Most likely To Hit a Tree

what router do you have, a little more info will help solve the problem alot quicker

5. PabloTeK is offline Drives a Yellow 'Vette

It's the Home Hub, it has forwarded ports and it still decides to be useless, oh and apparently there's another PC identical to mine connected to it with the same IP?

6. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

nothing you can really do there, the home hubs are known to be rubbish at everything so your best bet would be a cheap netgear or linksys router

7. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

I have a netgear and never really have any problems on live. Well if i do i never notice them.
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

8. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

I have 3 netgear DG834GT's and a Thomson 780WL, whilst the netgears are good i still prefer the thomson because i get better speeds out of it. If you have £30 to spend on one have a look at this site
    http://www.netgear.com/

9. jbenekeorr is offline Owns 3500GT named Gillian

OMG Lmao i saw this and didnt see who had posted it - in the breif time it took for the page to load i thought ... hmm well i know how much trouble pabloTeK has with his HomeHub so i will advise them against that .. lol

10. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

The WGR614 is a wireless router that uses 802.11g and it is also an ADSL router thats around the &#163;30 mark but you will only get that price online.

11. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

I have one of these : http://www.zyxel.com/web/product_fam...4-64EC0D0D6598 Which works pretty good with TDU. BUT, I'm rubbish at this stuff (I don't even know if this is anything like what you looked for ), so don't take my word too seriously

12. ExplosiveGoats is offline Car Aficianado

I prefer Linksys.

13. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

NETGEAR ... never had a problem with them
    I'd rather be topless !

14. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid_IV »
    NETGEAR ... never had a problem with them
    I agree with Hybrid. Sky broadband comes with Netgear routers and when ever I play round the gf (she has sky) I get no problems at all and the wireless is very good aswell. I have the BT home hub, its ok but it throws tantrums and randomly decides that I can't connect to people, it normally rotates between MCW, Dodgem and Nige

15. daizoid is offline Oblique Skidmark

See if your old router is eligible for a firmware overhaul (http://openwrt.org/) before forking out for a new router?