1. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Exclamation GT5 Prologue to get downloadable damage this fall!!!!!!

As I said in a thread the other week GT is to get damage

GT5 Prologue to get downloadable damage this fall

Posted Apr 4th 2008 11:31AM by John Neff
    Filed under: Toys

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be dropping April 17th in the U.S., both as a downloadable game from the Playstation Store and on actual Blu-ray disc. We reported last week that damage modeling, long missing from the Gran Turismo series despite being featured in many of its competitors, was for the first time being considered, and today we have word from Gran Turismo head Kazunori Yamauchi that it could come as a downloadable feature for the game as early as this fall. Gran Turismo games have always set the standard for racing sims, but the lack of physical damage to the cars when buddy bumping on a back straight or flying grille first into a barrier have held them back. In fact, smart players can use the lack of damage to their advantage by heading into turns without breaking and bouncing off the wall. Hardly the perfect line, but it gets the job done on those particularly difficult courses. Thanks for the tip, Brad!

Source:Auto Blog
    http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/04/g...age-this-fall/

More:

GT5 Prologue: "Major update" this year

Thursday 3-Apr-2008 1:03 PM Vehicle damage, community building features coming later this year, Yamauchi reveals to CVG

Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi has revealed that a "major update" is coming for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue later this year, which will add among other things long-awaited vehicle damage.

In an interview with CVG this afternoon, Yamauchi said that the update will also have a big focus on enhancing Prologue's online modes, starting with the addition of various "community building features."

The last bit will come as particularly excellent news to PS3 owners, as the GT5 preview is currently lacking somewhat in the online department.

You can expect the full interview with Mr. Gran Turismo very shortly. Who says it's 'just a demo' now, eh?

Andy Robinson

Linkage:
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=186046
    Last edited by Nodz86; 04/04/08 at 17:51 PM.

2. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

wow that should be good, still going to wait for gt5 to be release before getting my ps3 though.
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

3. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Surely not, but if it is true it'll be wicked

4. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Quote Originally Posted by baldred »
    wow that should be good, still going to wait for gt5 to be release before getting my ps3 though.
    I'm getting mine as soon as Sony gets the 80gb SKU out. Also this update will co incide with the Getaways estimated release of september.

Also if you read the last line of the of the interview, the creator only sees prologue as a demo atm.

5. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

me read the whole thing. Never haha, i wait for people to point out my mistakes.
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

6. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Quote Originally Posted by baldred »
    me read the whole thing. Never haha, i wait for people to point out my mistakes.
    I'm pointing but the mistakes wont go, hmmmm.

7. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

If the maker says it's a demo, then why the .... should you pay 50 euro for that?
    Damage won't make the game better, you crash after everyconrner with that much understeer

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

8. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Hmm Damage seems like a big thing to implement in a patch. I have a feeling this could be someones sick twisted idea of a late april fools joke.

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

9. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

I'd love to believe it myself and there is something that is and that is an interview done not too long ago where KY said "deformation was coming very soon" and also that "we still had some manufacturers to convince, but we will".
    I'm a bit mental.

10. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

I hope to get one for either my birthday or Christmas just for GT5 or Prologue if GT5 isn't out then.

11. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

That's good news, but the no-damage aspect has never bothered me, i'm over-the-moon that it has had tyre damage and fuel loss in the past and that's all i need. Now we just need our motorbikes from GTHD and i'll be happy .

12. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Actually the most disappointing thing about GT in my eyes apart from physics, AI, sound and no online was the collision physics. GT was always bumper cars and it took no effort in actually racing to get far in the single player game.

This game needs damage but above that is realistic collision physics and I feel PD and KY and his team will deliver with GT5.
    I'm a bit mental.

13. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

These updates are actually doing things bit by bit, not noticed this mentioned in too many place but after the update the Corvette Z06 got it's windscreen HUD !!

How's that for attention to detail?!

If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.
    I'm a bit mental.

14. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Wow. I don't have a ZO6, i chose to get a Viper instead () but that's quite cool. I wonder what else it added, there's a rumour going around that it added online play and GT-TV .

15. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Online play has always been included but it did add 35 new online time trials and some other things that are mentioned on the GT website.
    I'm a bit mental.

16. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

That is incredible. I have to choose what I want for my birthday. The obutto race cockpit or this.

17. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Wow, windscreen hud looks amazing