Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

Default TDU2 Prematurely 'announced' yet its been in the works for ages...

Right, as diablo made a thread about (and under pressure from Atari, locked) TDU2 is officially in the works, but that's beside the point.

May i draw your attention to a post made by a member of old on Atari forums by the name of 'Vibroboy'

The thread, which can be found Here is regarding the location of Test Drive Unlimited 2. It is members trying to deduct the location of the next iteration of the series based on islands of similar size. When suddenly Vibroboy says:

Quote Originally Posted by Vibroboy
    FYI Oahu is roughly 1500 sq Km

Keep that thread alive !! I wanna see if someone guess right
    (posted: 07-09-2006, 11:15)

His Post (#81) can be seen here

Note that he says: 'Guess right'. this means that by september '06 the location had been set for definite, and obviously that TDU2 was at the very least in the research stage..

NB: Vibroboy was a developer of the original TDU and was a somewhat active member of the Atari community before the game launched. He was a source of valuable inside information, and an extremely respected member of the community. if memory seves he was lead design and if very foggy memory serves correctly he was responsible for road layout

Unfortunately (as with many users) his profile has been deleted, and his post shows as a 'guest' post, and hence i cant link you to a list of his posts.
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

2. Nige is offline Buy American ....

So hang on !!!!!!!

Its set in O'ahu again ??????

Suits me fine, if its got more cars I'll be happy .
    Canada 2010 Ice Hockey Winter Olympic Gold Medal winners!

3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Incorrect, it was only at the planning stages at that time and yes a locale may have been decided upon but it's also possible that he was stating it as; "well depending on the final location decision let's see who was right after all".

Tenebra announced last year that TDU2 was in the planning stages only, we know it's coming, when it will be official announced and seen is another matter though.

Just have to keep this little quote here thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lwsbrck »
    Right, as diablo made a thread about (and under pressure from Atari, locked) TDU2 is officially in the works, but that's beside the point.
    I'm a bit mental.

4. Who

no worries, didnt want members to touch on what is obviously a 'hot' subject

I'm not dead!

5. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

TDU 2? It's based in Oahu? Or have I read incorrectly?

6. Who

nope, he was saying that Oahu is 1500 sq KM, and if the next game was on an island, it would be an island that is also roughly 1500 sq KM. a guy came up with a list of similarly sized islands:

Quote Originally Posted by tisdalj
    Island - Square Km - Country
    Tenerife - 2,034 - Spain
    Magdalena Island - 2,025 - Chile
    Bioko - 2,017 - Equatorial Guinea
    Kuiu Island - 1,962 - USA
    Biak - 1,904 - Indonesia
    Maui - 1,888 - USA
    Mauritius - 1,836 - Mauritius
    Jeju-do - 1,825 - South Korea
    Afognak - 1,809 - USA
    Umnak -1,793 - USA
    Stewart Island/Rakiura - 1,746 - New Zealand
    Bathurst Island - 1,693 - Australia
    Fuerteventura - 1,660 - Spain
    Zanzibar - 1,658 - Tanzania
    Skye - 1,656 - United Kingdom
    Soisalo - 1,635 - Finland
    Lesbos - 1,630 - Greece
    Great Inagua - 1615 - Bahamas
    Oahu - 1,600 - USA
    Senja - 1,586 - Norway
    Dakhin Shahbazpur - 1,585 - Bangladesh
    Gran Canaria - 1,560 - Spain
    Middle Andaman Island - 1,536 - India
    Flaherty Island - 1,525 - Canada
    Retea - 1,480 - Romania
    South Andros Island - 1,448 - Bahamas
    Kauai - 1,446 - USA
    Rhodes - 1,398 - Greece

I'm not dead!

7. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

Ah ok, cause it would have been crap if it was the same Island used, cheers Lwsbrck.

Tenerife in Spain would be amazing!

8. Nige is offline Buy American ....

Quote Originally Posted by Lwsbrck »
    nope, he was saying that Oahu is 1500 sq KM, and if the next game was on an island, it would be an island that is also roughly 1500 sq KM. a guy came up with a list of similarly sized islands:
    None of them seem interesting bar O'ahu of course .

The only one I can see from that list that could be a possible island would be Tenerife but even that sounds dull .

We need North or South Island (New Zealand) that way they would be inclined to give us some Aussie V8'S (New Zealand is the second biggest market for Aussie cars !).

Hell Who's to say it will be an island ????????

I can imagine San Francisco being a great place, all those hills, Golden Gate Bridge & downtown San Francisco.

What about Calgary ??????

Its perfect, its not a big city, its next to some mountains, it is home to the best Hockey team and yeah loads of roads , PERFECT.

Seriously I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't an island .
    Canada 2010 Ice Hockey Winter Olympic Gold Medal winners!

9. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

They'l probably keep it as an island, because it keeps out blocked off roads and things like that, which sub-consciously makes the game seem bigger. If you have roads that have stupid made up walls or accidents that never get cleared that stop you going past, it makes it seem like there's less of an area to explore, and they could've improved the game. Whereas on an island, there's no need for blocked of roads, and it makes it feel 'unlimited'. Geddit?

10. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

An island would be best as Randomus says ... means you don't have to use fake barriers to block roads off

I'll be happy with Oahu with more roads, better detail, better physical and mode cars, remember there are a lot of roads they didn't model!
    I'd rather be topless !

11. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

I want TDU 2 to use the barrier cannons like Motorcross madness to keep you in the map. If you stray to far a invisible cannon shoots you flying back into the map.

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

12. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGT »
    I want TDU 2 to use the barrier cannons like Motorcross madness to keep you in the map. If you stray to far a invisible cannon shoots you flying back into the map.
    I loved that game

If they keep Oahu, they could at least open up some Car Lots we can enter, like Multi Story car parks, get rid of fences to enter car parks and stuff.

But it would be nice to have a different island all together to make it feel like a new TDU, because if they use Oahu again for TDU 2, it would really feel like TDU 2, just an expansion pack for TDU.

13. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

It would be TDU1.5 really if they kep Oahu. I'd already know where to go. I remember the fist day I had it, myself and Sensei drove up the the top left lighthouse in Gallardo and TT
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

14. T1M
    T1M is offline ♥ MX-5 ♥

I doubt they will set it on Oahu again.

Possibly another Hawiian island, I somehow doubt Oahu again.

15. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Quote Originally Posted by DB9tim »
    I doubt they will set it on Oahu again.

Possibly another Hawiian island, I somehow doubt Oahu again.
    Dought it wil be another Hawiian island, there not very poputated lol.

Great Inagua in the Bahamas is famous kinda like oahu in "fame" so could eb that.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

16. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Would be nice to see it somewhere around here, Norway

17. CarboyZR1 is offline Asian

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid_IV »
    An island would be best as Randomus says ... means you don't have to use fake barriers to block roads off

I'll be happy with Oahu with more roads, better detail, better physical and mode cars, remember there are a lot of roads they didn't model!
    and there's roads that aren't roads and/or are modeled incorrectly.

18. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Lesbos would be cool, Only because i like greece, not for any other reasons that originate from the island

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

19. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

Antartica FTW....

20. ExplosiveGoats is offline Car Aficianado

I think Tenerife, Spain would be perfect.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last