1. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Default Blu-ray copy protection 'cracked'

Blu-ray copy protection 'cracked'

By Jim Reed
    Newsbeat technology reporter

A company claims it has cracked the anti-piracy
    technology on Blu-ray discs.

Slysoft says the new version of its AnyDVD programme allows users to make "backup security copies" of high definition movies.
    The claim is a blow to Sony which developed the Blu-ray format.
    The discs are protected by an anti-piracy system called BD+.
    When it launched in 2007, developers boasted it would not be cracked for 10 years.
    Sony declined to comment.
    SlySoft says it hacked the BD+ technology in November.
    It decided to wait for the result of the "format war" between Blu-ray and HD DVD before releasing a full product.
    BD+ is designed to react to attempts on its technology.
    Its developers say they can re-lock copied discs, making them unusable in the future. SlySoft reckons it is prepared for this. Peer van Heuen from the company said: "The worst-case scenario is our boss locks us up with only bread and water in the company dungeon for three months until we are successful again."

From bbc news beat
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/te...00/7314276.stm

2. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

I knew someone would eventually crack them, almost every thing to do with PC's and media will eventually be cracked and copied.

3. Nige is offline Buy American ....

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was bound to happen.
    Canada 2010 Ice Hockey Winter Olympic Gold Medal winners!

4. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

This always happens to every format apart from cartridges (afaik) so no big deal plus no doubt they'll be working on something else or have been working on improving the security of it.
    I'm a bit mental.

5. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

whatever exists be it a program or a copy protection someone will always find a way to crack it
    I'd rather be topless !

6. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid_IV »
    whatever exists be it a program or a copy protection someone will always find a way to crack it
    Thats what i said in my head, but it kinda came out wrong, i have other things on my mind.

7. ExplosiveGoats is offline Car Aficianado

Haha, i knew it was going to get cracked.

8. MCW
    MCW is offline MCW

I could crack it.. with a hammer