1. TiMonZa is offline spark plug

Default Biodesign conceps

Hi guys. Bio is my fav style so let's share here masterpieces and simply interesting examples of concepts of late 1980s - early 1990s. Those which we'd be so glad to have at least in a racing game. And i'll start with, let's see... This scale Mazda RX-44 here is an outstanding example of body forming, and it's so disappointing they haven't made a fully functional prototype.
    With it's predecessor RX-33, also beautiful, but not so sexy car, was drivable

2. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

That top one is cool looking; very futuristic. The bottom one scares me a bit, it's horrifyingly cute.
    I'm a bit mental.

3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

In order to contribute to this I had a look at what entails as biodesign and found a name that kept popping up: Colani. This guy is ahead of his time I think. A bit nuts too.

I'm a bit mental.

4. TiMonZa is offline spark plug

Yeeah, maestro Colani's works are eternal. Another cool concept car which appeared to be far more elegant than further production series (quite popular though) is Chrysler 300.

And just look at the interior!
    Last edited by TiMonZa; 1 week ago at 07:08 AM.

5. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

These organic shapes were more popular in the 90's, although, there are some modern ones aswell. Like the Renault DeZir, that might not be very organic on the outside, the interior otherwise...

This interior with this red lighting behind the seats is something else.

And now, the trend on the bio-organic design is more towards the car structure, to make it bone-like.

Such as this Bertone project

6. TiMonZa is offline spark plug

Famous design studio Ghia made with Ford several very nice concepts. Among those i can spot spider Focus

Via

and my favorite Zig-Zag pair on Fiesta platform

Besides Ford designers themselves did really cool things in those years, like Contour which is IMO beyond sexy

7. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Thanks to @TiMonZa: TIL 'Ghia' was not just a way to show a Ford model was the premier one, but was in fact a style house.
    I'm a bit mental.

8. TiMonZa is offline spark plug

Yeah, they actually did many beautiful cars with american and european brands but mostly in 1950s-1960s. Speaking of design studios i can't miss Italdesign Columbus collabed with BMW. This is the most epic van i ever seen.