Topic:

Edit post

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

  1. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.
      
    Location: Jacareí, São Paulo
    Posts: 5,576

    #1

    Default Edit post

    HALP!

    It seems i can't edit my own posts now. Wanted to edit the original TDU Platinum post, but i can't find it anywhere. Where and how can i do it?

    Appreciate the attention,

    ~moi.

    Edit: Funny enough, this one i can, but that other, i still can't.
    Last edited by Milli; 2 weeks ago at 17:36 PM.


  2. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!
     
    Location: Scotland, UK
    Posts: 20,732

    #2

    Default

    Hey @Milli, this is because last year we implemented a time limit on the editing of content to curb a method spammers may use. In doing so we realised this hindered Modders, and so they are exempt of this BUT ONLY in the Mod Shop section. The reason you were able to edit your post here is because it is within the time limit allowed.

    I will give you the Modder badge which will take care of this for you.

    Can you please see if you are now able to edit so I can mark this as Answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    2017-07-23: Time limits for editing thread titles, posts and adding a poll to a thread have been reduced to the below. After some head-scratching and many cups of coffee I have managed to create a bypass of this for those in the 'Modder' usergroup but only while inside the Mod Shop forums. They will also be held to the new limits outside of that section.
    Edit Limits

    • Edit Thread Title: 7 days
    • Edit Post: 7 days
    • Add Poll to Thread: 30 days

    Future title changes or post updates can be requested from the Staff by reporting your post and stating what you want done.
    Quoted only for reference, you should always seek out the latest posts to see what the current function of the present day is in regards to this.
    I'm a bit mental.

  3. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.
      
    Location: Jacareí, São Paulo
    Posts: 5,576

    #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Hey @Milli, this is because last year we implemented a time limit on the editing of content to curb a method spammers may use. In doing so we realised this hindered Modders, and so they are exempt of this BUT ONLY in the Mod Shop section. The reason you were able to edit your post here is because it is within the time limit allowed.

    I will give you the Modder badge which will take care of this for you.

    Can you please see if you are now able to edit so I can mark this as Answered.
    Quoted only for reference, you should always seek out the latest posts to see what the current function of the present day is in regards to this.
    Ah! That's fair. Thanks for the clarification. I've checked that thread, but apparently my attention was apparently zero.

    Either way, thanks for the badge, it will be useful to edit the thread, once i get it done with, i tell you and then you can revoke the badge i borrowed.

  4. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!
     
    Location: Scotland, UK
    Posts: 20,732

    #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milli »
    once i get it done with, i tell you and then you can revoke the badge i borrowed.
    Nah, you've earned it and I see no need to revoke it. You have a cool project in progress that will be getting updates, makes sense to be able to post about that, don't you think?
    I'm a bit mental.

  5. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.
      
    Location: Jacareí, São Paulo
    Posts: 5,576

    #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Nah, you've earned it and I see no need to revoke it. You have a cool project in progress that will be getting updates, makes sense to be able to post about that, don't you think?


    Thanks! I really appreciate it then!

  6. Ryzza5 is offline .
      
    Location: .
    Posts: 16,120

    #6

    Default

    If it is only to stop spammers this could potentially be granted to all Supporters, etc. I don't really mind either way though, just an idea.

  7. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.
      
    Location: Jacareí, São Paulo
    Posts: 5,576

    #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    If it is only to stop spammers this could potentially be granted to all Supporters, etc. I don't really mind either way though, just an idea.
    I think it's a valid idea.

  8. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!
     
    Location: Scotland, UK
    Posts: 20,732

    #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    If it is only to stop spammers this could potentially be granted to all Supporters, etc. I don't really mind either way though, just an idea.
    It's a fair suggestion, however, editing records show that most changes or updates to posted content happen usually within the first few mins of the original (usually a typo or something else awry), or within a few days: ie; in the case of a rumour having been proven real or fake and other preview type events.

    Whereas those in the modding community who contribute directly to the Mod Shop are always needing to be able to update.

    Any other updates wanted can easily be sought by contacting a forum team member and asking for it. Maybe if a need shows for this permission outwith this, then we will take another look at it.
    I'm a bit mental.

  9. TDUFREAK500 is offline Rotary <3
     
    Location: Tauranga, New Zealand
    Posts: 4,197

    #9

    Default

    Back when I used to regularly post in my TDU photo thread I edited the first post every time to change the title to the date I updated it and sometimes what I posted.

    Flick
    r

    Facebook
    My Website

    Most professional photographers spend all our days in a
    seemingly lifelong pursuit for the perfect image. Personally,
    I know I’ll never shoot a “perfect image”
    - Larry Chen

  10. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!
     
    Location: Scotland, UK
    Posts: 20,732

    #10

    Default

    You can use the thread description to alert of a new update too. I understand your point though and have noted it.
    I'm a bit mental.


 

Search Tags

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

about us

  • turboduck is a community that is dedicated to driving and racing games of all types on all platforms. Whether it's ticking off the miles/kilometres while exploring an open world, crashing and exploding everything in an insane balls-to-the-wall arcade racer, or nailing down every apex and trimming off every tenth possible in authentic sim-racing. It's all up for discussion as we enjoy the virtual cars, bikes, and everything else that these games offer. So join us, jump into the discussions, and don't think too much about why a 'duck' is our mascot. ;)
turboduck twitter turboduck facebook turboduck youtube turboduck twitter turboduck rss