1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Smile Do you think we will hear about Test Drive Unlimited 3 in 2018?

Ever since the acquiring of the TEST DRIVE license by Bigben Interactive from Atari, all we've known is that they were intending on bringing the series back, but since that there has been nothing. If you looked at Bigben's portfolio at the time you might have scoffed and not been to interested but since then they have been involved in and announced some promising titles like WRC 7 and the new Isle of Man TT motorcycle racer.

So what do you think, can they nail down TDU 3 or will it take a few goes before they get it good, and will see it in some form in 2018?

It's easy to forget, but if the typical Forza 2-year alternate release schedule continues then 2018 will also have us seeing Forza Horizon 4. Would a TDU 3 be able to contend with that, or would they be better keeping it until the end of the current-gen?
    I'm a bit mental.

2. TimBud is offline brmm

I can wait longer but I really hope they nail it sooner rather than later... the current crop of racing games are nothing but mediocre, wrapped up in gilt shell.

But i fear it will just end up being another HalfLife 3-esque saga

3. RobikV3 is offline RB26DETT

Im afraid its gonna be like it was with Flatout, new studio got the rights and their games weren't even close to what original series was, which happens a lot when they sell rights to series.

4. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Better someone has a go than leaving the IP dormant and gathering dust no?
    I'm a bit mental.

5. RobikV3 is offline RB26DETT

If theyre gonna screw up as badly as Team 6 did with Flatout 3 then no id rather have it gather dust.

6. TimBud is offline brmm

TDU2 wasn't great. As long as its on par with that or better I'd be happy
    Last edited by TimBud; 3 weeks ago at 10:46 AM.

7. Ryzza5 is offline .

You'll have The Crew 2 in 2018, which some might describe as TDU4. TC1 took a good 5 years of development so I'm not sure why we should expect Big Ben to do it quicker and have a better end-product.

FH3 couldn't tempt me to setup my wheel and I don't hold much hope for the other contenders to fill the gap there for a somewhat realistic cruising experience.

8. RobikV3 is offline RB26DETT

Yeah TC 2 will be quite fun i can tell You that, definitely waiting for that one, don't get Me wrong I'd love to see a new TDU especially a good one, but 90% when different studio acquires rights to good series they just ruin it.

9. TDUZoqqer is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    I am only quoting Diablo so he will get notified
    Short answer - no. I don't think we will see TDU3 next year.

Long answer: I hope we do, but I doubt anything will come out which will statisfy me at a minimal level. A title "TDU3" might find it's way to public, but my bet is it will be nothing like we expect. Same as Crew 2 and stuff.

Search Tags

bigben interactive
tdu 3
tdu3
test drive unlimited 3