1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Exclamation AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! - Getting scared in games

Am I the only one who gets scared while playing scary games? It's not only the horror games too, just games in general that surprise or have a build up in tension, lead you into a false sense of safety and then something happens on screen startling you.

I like and hate games like this. The fear and dread you feel while making your way through the game's setting and always being on edge that something is coming. Or the eerie music and ambient sound effects making you apprehensive about proceeding ahead.

Some examples that you would expect to hear me say are those from the Resident Evil series, Condemned, Silent Hill, Alien etc. But, I am also talking about Fallout, The Witcher and even tactical shooters like Rainbow Six. Those moments where something just appears to your side, from behind or that chill down the spine when you see something that isn't actually there. That last one happens to me quite a lot. Walk into a dark room and get a shudder at the belief I saw something in the corner of my eye only to look and see a piece of furniture or a damn shadow!

The funny thing about this is, I can watch horror movies and the like pretty much no problem.

So come on, please tell me I am not alone with this?!
    I'm a bit mental.

2. TDUFREAK500 is online now Rotary <3

Really depends on how I'm feeling when I play tbh, sometimes I am okay, and sometimes even getting shot in the back out of nowhere in an FPS game can make me jump.

Flick
    r

Facebook
    My Website

Most professional photographers spend all our days in a
    seemingly lifelong pursuit for the perfect image. Personally,
    I know I’ll never shoot a “perfect image”
    - Larry Chen

3. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

I tried to play F.E.A.R. Couldn't finish it. Nothing else to say.

4. mau92 is offline Car Aficianado

Hate horror movies and game, and I get very nervous when I have to go by my own on FPS or those more tactical/stealthy like Splinter Cell or Hitman

5. Ryzza5 is offline .

Yeah I'm not into any of those sorts of games. I was probably on edge just playing Portal 2... oh it's just a bird.

6. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

The clickers in last of us still terrify me. I was so on edge when playing that game it was crazy. I loved it, it's one of the reasons the game is a solid 10/10 for me.

7. Kelvjy is offline _________________________

First encounter with a bloodsucker in Stalker SOC damn near made me crap my pants my next encounter in the underground with one wasn't that much better The Stalker series has some pretty good atmosphere as well.

Don't play enough games to have many scares

8. carlos_69 is offline OMG EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvjy »
    First encounter with a bloodsucker in Stalker SOC damn near made me crap my pants my next encounter in the underground with one wasn't that much better The Stalker series has some pretty good atmosphere as well.

Don't play enough games to have many scares

Got to say the samething. To this day it still scares the crap of me or the underground army base with the random throwing objects

Or some levels in Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Metro series
    Last edited by carlos_69; 14/10/17 at 12:15 PM.

By Jeremy Clarkson:
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
    Uplay: PTdumptruck

9. mau92 is offline Car Aficianado

Also those white things that jumped at you in Half Life 1... Maybe I was too young, should replay that game

10. Rassva is offline Lannister

I played FEAR when I was smol, no problem. Tried playing it now...NO WAY DUDE JUST NO

11. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Fallout would genuinely give me the creeps. Like I'd have to take a break and come back to it kind of creeps.

If you want to get utterly terrified for no reason go play SOMA.
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, he’s standing under a waterfall.

12. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Fallout & Skyrim do it for me, some of the lore is creep as! Proper pause the game, have a quick walk round the room and start again kinda thing.
    Especially the massive spiders in Skyrim, as soon as I get the hint I'm about to encounter them I back off...

I guess this counts, but parts in the Yakuza games, more the brutality of some of the cut scenes. You know, because in based in the Japanese crime world you can guess its rather violent & gruesome at times.
    Worst still, since the whole game is in Japanese (with English subtitles), looking away means you can miss important parts of the story... agh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calster17
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

13. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Didn't expect so many of you to own up to this if I'm honest. I'm pleasantly surprised and also a bit relieved.
    I'm a bit mental.

14. ViralBunny is offline Rusted Banger

The last game to give me proper jump scares and prolonged moments of nailbiting tension was aliens versus predator from 2000. Dat facehugger

Search Tags

game jump scares
game talk
scary games