Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. tduck is offline Duck Tales!

Default Gran Turismo Sport Demo Confirmed For October 9th

A Gran Turismo Sport demo has been confirmed in a posting on the official PlayStation EU blog by Polyphony Digital President, Kazunori Yamauchi. In true GT-style, this demo is not of the typical affair. For a start it will last for only 4 days, however it will also act as a springboard to the full game as the in-game credit...

Read more on this...

2. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

I am kind of surprised but also happy to see this. They are either confident in the product that they believe it will allay fears, or that the brand is enough that this will hardly impact on sales. I hope to hear impressions from some of you on this, and make sure to pre-load this thing so that you are good to go on the day.
    I'm a bit mental.

3. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

I still need a PS4 to only then consider buy it.

But it's better a small demo than none at all, i suppose.

4. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

After what I've been reading I'm kind of not so excited by this, loved the beta and will defo play this. They're pushing online with this which i'm not so happy about.

5. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by hassan1995 »
    After what I've been reading I'm kind of not so excited by this, loved the beta and will defo play this. They're pushing online with this which i'm not so happy about.
    That is the part i think the article is a bit biased. It's been said that GT Sport will have offline campaing like previous GT games. Iirc.

6. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

I've read in other places the 'campaign' is only tutorial like ish to prep you up for the multiplayer aspect. I'll wait until release to see what happening and then i'll get it .

7. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Yeah GT Sport is not going to be a typical Gran Turismo in the single player area at all. People are holding out that this isn't it for the campaign, as well as waiting for weather to be sprung on them, but if it hasn't been shown by now, then I think it's time to realise it ain't happening.
    I'm a bit mental.

8. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

I think they've confirmed the dynamic day/night cycle not sure about the weather.

9. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

I've read in other places the 'campaign' is only tutorial like ish to prep you up for the multiplayer aspect. I'll wait until release to see what happening and then i'll get it .
    I think they've confirmed the dynamic day/night cycle not sure about the weather.
    That shows how much information you have about it. Dynamic day/night cycle is not confirmed anywhere, and sure you've read that, because that's what people got to experience in the Press Demo, which will be available for players in these 4 days. Again, DEMO... And yet the media already said that it's 100% sure the campaing will be what they have seen. Which all honesty, nobody is 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Yeah GT Sport is not going to be a typical Gran Turismo in the single player area at all. People are holding out that this isn't it for the campaign, as well as waiting for weather to be sprung on them, but if it hasn't been shown by now, then I think it's time to realise it ain't happening.
    I'd like to know from where did you get information as a fact. Because as far as i know, it's been said that GT Sport will deliver a "full Gran Turismo" experience.

And it's funny, because what has Forza shown of the offline campaing before it's release? Absolutelly nothing much other than 3 pre-selected track/car races. Talk about double-standards...

10. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

There are numerous articles stating that the day/night cycle isn't included.
    “We opted to not have the transitions in the race this time in order to raise the framerate and the quality of the image during the race,” said Yamauchi. “So the user will be able to set that before they enter the race. So you’ll still be able to have night races, morning, races at dawn, dusk, and so on.”
    I do indeed know my information....

What I meant here is they've confirmed it's out, I should read what I write before I post
    Last edited by hassan1995; 04/10/17 at 20:37 PM.

11. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

There are numerous articles stating that the day/night cycle isn't included.

What I meant here is they've confirmed it's out, I should read what I write before I post
    Fair enough, i misunderstood then. My bad.

12. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Keep hoping @Milli. Honestly I hope you're right and they surprise us with a full campaign and dynamic weather but I would think that with 2 weeks to go until release that someone inside the global distribution network would have got us a shot of the final box art detailing what's included by now.
    I'm a bit mental.

13. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

I also hope i am right.

But the dynamic weather is already a no, Kazunori himself said it won't be in the game, so, anyone expecting that will be frustrated. Weather is fixed, pre-selected before the race.

And again, i don't think the lack of news about it means it's not existant. Gran Turismo never showed much of the game in the previous releases, Forza also never did, and with this huge fuss about people assuming things before the release, i wouldn't show either, so the surprise effect is bigger. If i was a developer, i wouldn't show it all to the media either. Specially now, with 2 weeks to go untill release.

14. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

If anything, the lacking campaign that's only been shown so far is turning people away who want that from their Gran Turismo. All that's needed to show this isn't the case is a simple in-game shot showing a 'Clubman Cup' poster or something.
    I'm a bit mental.

15. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

And why they actually should do that?

16. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

To remove the fears people have that the campaign is weak, maybe?
    I'm a bit mental.

17. Kelvjy is offline _________________________

I'm pretty sure the single player campaign in GT Sport is just driving tests, challenges, and learning tracks ?

I've seen no mention anywhere of a GT-GT6 style campaign.

18. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    To remove the fears people have that the campaign is weak, maybe?
    They will see in the release.

Because honestly, the driving tests, challanges and all will be available in this 4 days demo, it seems. Would be extremelly dumb to allow all the offline campaing in a freaking demo.

19. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

I don't think they are allowing all of them in that are they? On the official site they have this:

Content Playable (Some features will be limited)
    ・Sport Mode
    ・Campaign Mode
    ・Arcade Mode
    ・Lobby
    ・Scapes
    ・Livery Editor
    ・Social Features
    I'm a bit mental.

20. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

It won't be all, but it will be pretty much what the press release could play and judged as full campaing mode. I can even bet on that.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last