Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Kelvjy is offline _________________________

Quote Originally Posted by Milli »
    Would be extremely dumb to allow all the offline campaign in a freaking demo.

If I remember correctly didn't TDU/TDU2 and The Crew (to name a few) have beta releases which had all the content available

2. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

It's not unheard of, in fact it is very common for games to show a lot of what will be available but restrict its use.
    I'm a bit mental.

3. Kelvjy is offline _________________________

Well generally you're not going to get through a whole game in 3-4 days, especially games like GT, Forza, TDU and The Crew

4. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvjy »
    If I remember correctly didn't TDU/TDU2 and The Crew (to name a few) have beta releases which had all the content available
    Did Forza 7 had campaing in it's demo? So why Gran Turismo must follow TDU steps to not be judged and yet Forza can do it and get away with that? Nobody ever mentioned that Forza wouldn't have campaing mode, despite it never really being said or shown anywhere else! That's where i speak about double standards.

But ok, to be fair, let's recap the Gran Turismo demos throught the years.

Gran Turismo 1 Demo - Didn't had any campaing mode.

Gran Turismo 2 Demo - Didn't had any campaing mode.

Gran Turismo 3 Demo - Didn't had any campaing mode.

Gran Turismo 4 Prologue - Had a campaing mode similar to what will be present in GT Sport Demo

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Had a campaing mode similar to what will be present in GT Sport Demo

Gran Turismo 6 Demo - GT Academy 2013 - No campaing mode what so ever.

So, really, all of sudden, Gran Turismo must change their way of doing demos because TDU did it that way? Because the media says it won't have? Because you guys want it to do it?

Yet, it's fair to remember this was Forza 7 demo, didn't had any campaing mode what so ever aswell, yet, nobody rushed to say that it was removed from the game.

I wonder why, because all the reasons you guys use to justify that for GT Sport, could be easily used to put Forza 7 in the same situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    It's not unheard of, in fact it is very common for games to show a lot of what will be available but restrict its use.
    It is not, but as i said before, that's something Gran Turismo has never really done, why do it now?

Edit: Can i be sure that GT Sport will feature campaing mode? No... i don't know, like any of us don't know either. But i won't assume, because the media said so. The media says many wrong things and we know it.
    Last edited by Milli; 05/10/17 at 01:39 AM.

5. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Can you stop bringing Forza into everything?! They do actually talk about the single player mode from day one on most of those by the way.

You are right that there has been many a demo that never gives a taste of the campaign but we generally hear what will be there in that respect, in the run up to release. And I am sorry but official correspondence is not saying or showing anything more than what they already have.

From the official Gran Turismo site:
    The Campaign mode is where you learn the skills and etiquette required for racing while having fun. By going through the 4 sections with their individual objectives, you will gradually be introduced and be enthralled by the fun of driving. Real life video tutorials are provided for the missions, allowing you to learn strategies for the more difficult challenges. Even beginner racers will learn to progress through the lessons with ease.
    Find it quite funny how they refer to the content of the 'campaign' as "lessons".
    I'm a bit mental.

6. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

I'll have to wait and see. And i don't bring Forza into everything. I made one thread about it, and used it's demo here as a reference to show my point about double standards.

I rest my case. The official website is a valid point, but i still believe it will quickly get updated, once the game is released.

Edit: Specially because it doesn't make any sense at all, to release a demo, with pretty much all we've seen so far of the game with 4 days to go to the full release. Specially the campaing mode. Why would you need to buy the full game, if the demo will have the full campaing mode, scapes, livery editor and a lot of cars and online races? More tracks and cars only? Makes no sense at all.
    Last edited by Milli; 05/10/17 at 02:12 AM.

7. Kelvjy is offline _________________________

Having this beta version be released this close to final and allowing stuff (although limited) to carry over to the final game seems like it's just final stress testing and bug finding/fixing.

And as Diablo already posted the official site says nothing about the standard simulation/career mode. The other main entries all have something describing the career mode (fully customizable cars/starting from the bottom).

Anyway, when GT Sport was announced along with being online focused I didn't think it was a main entry in the franchise and nothing so far said or shown about it has changed my mind. It does looks nice though, PD have always been good with lighting and materials in the HD generation.

8. Ryzza5 is offline .

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Can you stop bringing Forza into everything?!
    Awwww, just like old times

I was planning to make some time to try the demo but unfortunately timing is awful, I have to jump on a plane and fly to the middle of nowhere (Kargoorlie, Aus) for work.

9. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

The pre-load should be live now, are you on it?
    I'm a bit mental.

Page 2 of 2 First 12