Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 104

  1. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.
     
    Location: Jacareí, São Paulo
    Posts: 5,555

    #1

    Default Is Forza 7 worse than previous Forzas?

    MotoGamesTV have been releasing a couple of comparisions videos, featuring Forza 7 against previous Forza games (Mostly Forza 4), and there are things that older Forzas do seem to do better.

    This one for instance:


    In Forza 7 the driver don't actually shift the car. He did in Forza 4, but apparently, it's an automatic in Forza 7. Now on this other one, featuring a M5:



    There is shifting animation, but it looks so... not really well done. And this was better made in Forza 6, as it shows in this video:



    In this Ford GT video, we can also notice that the movement of the paddle is wrong aswell, as it moves like it's been pressed, and not pulled.

    And in all videos, you can see exaggerated windshild reflex, where you can actually see the reflex of the driver's gloves, like if the car has no dashboard at all and how the driver does not properlly holds the steering wheel (Really clear on the M5 when turning). I mean, all these things, as i can see, were better made in Forza 4 or Forza 6.

    What you, Forza players, have to say about it? Am i nuts to be a bit annoyed by this?
    Last edited by Milli; 02/10/17 at 22:44 PM.


  2. RobikV3 is offline RB26DETT
    Location: Poland
    Posts: 2,545

    #2

    Default

    Thats been going on for few games now, theres loads of details wrong on cars.

    Fm4 and Fh1 were the last polished games in my opinion.


  3. Loek is offline Alleged estate fetishist
    Location: The Netherlands
    Posts: 649

    #3

    Default

    Without doubt Forza 7 has some small derps here and there. But I think giving a paddleshift animation and a rarely visible reflection issue as a reason to think Forza 4 is better, I disagree.
    Without doubt Forza 4 was more than benchmark on its release. But that has no correlation between the graphic highlight of Forza 7. Sure, it has its moments. But I personally haven't mention these things you've mentioned because there's plenty more eyecandy to distract you.
    Also I was sceptic on the whole 700 carlist hype with nothing new on it, but it actually feels a lot more diverse and I came over that. I really like Forza 7 and with some new cars in coming DLC's I will play it a lot.


    FH3 on Xbox. Xbox username is PoIestar, with a capital "i" as "L". Wanna add me, you're welcome to do so.

  4. hassan1995 is online now ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)
     
    Location: Somewhere
    Posts: 2,785

    #4

    Default

    Forza has never done shifting animations right, but the game itself is is solid, there are bugs in the game but it's probably one of the best forza games, it's certainly better than forza 6.


  5. TimBud is offline brmm
     
    Location: UK
    Posts: 2,995

    #5

    Default

    I've not tried it yet. had the demo downloaded but just not made time for it yet
    Wasn't impressed with the FM6 demo and have barely played 5.
    Absolutely loved 4 but i just don't enjoy the current generation of racers. In fact all the current games just seem to be a bit tired with fancy features that i rarely use. They are beautiful though.


  6. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame
     
    Location: X
    Posts: 4,741

    #6

    Default

    yes it is, because I can't even download it. Can all of the windows 10 store workers kill themselves that'd be great thanks.

  7. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!
     
    Location: Scotland, UK
    Posts: 20,666

    #7

    Default

    It's got it's fair share of problems but where it matters seems to still be strong. Feedback and response on their forums and around the web indicate that people are not happy with the reduced VIP benefits, the lootbox push and the way non-assist bonuses have been taken away. Those on PC are suffering a bit with the same problems Horzion 3 did on it's release and wheel support is a bit hit and miss in places too.

    Other than that, things are not that bad it seems.
    I'm a bit mental.

  8. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.
     
    Location: Jacareí, São Paulo
    Posts: 5,555

    #8

    Default

    Many things to reply.

    Will try to make some sense and reply you all in the same time without multi-quote everyone.

    Robik, yeah, you've got the word right, these newer games doesn't seem to be polished, and it sort of annoys me, because they are huge sellers, they win a lot of money with the players, and they don't seem to care enough to polish it, or get these details right! And if it's so "small" that nobody will notice, why didn't they do it then? The same time spent for make the paddle shifter move to the wrong direction is the same time to make it move to the right direction.

    Loek, that title was more of a clickbait. But point is, it's not only those 2 things. The overall driver hand situation is poorly made in Forza 7, It looks like TDU with mods using the wrong IK. Then there is the windshild reflex, which is really wrong and overdone. Then the exaust shake (M5 video), which is real, but they overdid it. Then the side mirror shake... notice how an Audi RS6 shakes it's side mirrors at high speed. It's like, really Forza?

    Hassan, better in what sense? Could you elaborate your statement? I believe all Forzas were "solid" games, otherwise they wouldn't be as popular as they are, the point is, other than having what they should have (More cars, tracks and graphics), what is much better in it than Forza 4, 5 or 6?

    And i saw that aswell Diablo, but i don't know what to think about it, in the same time i think it's cool to have those assist bonuses, which encourage people to drive without them, i think it's also cool to not have them, so people who are not really good at the game won't feel like they're garbage and need to "work harder" in the game.

    So, in general, what i think is, yes, Forza 7 is beautiful. A game that catches your eyes with massive car pr0n and eye candy weather, it has a big car list and a track list, but it all hides that they made a few things worse than the previous games, and most people won't notice, because they will be amazed by eye candy visuals.

    Maybe i am getting too old for games... And will start to say, in my time things were better...

    P.S. Yes, many lol faces.

  9. RobikV3 is offline RB26DETT
    Location: Poland
    Posts: 2,545

    #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milli »
    Many things to reply.

    Will try to make some sense and reply you all in the same time without multi-quote everyone.

    Robik, yeah, you've got the word right, these newer games doesn't seem to be polished, and it sort of annoys me, because they are huge sellers, they win a lot of money with the players, and they don't seem to care enough to polish it, or get these details right! And if it's so "small" that nobody will notice, why didn't they do it then? The same time spent for make the paddle shifter move to the wrong direction is the same time to make it move to the right direction.

    Maybe i am getting too old for games... And will start to say, in my time things were better...

    P.S. Yes, many lol faces.
    As Ive said theres lots of small details that are wrong and it annoys me too cause Forza to me was the game that cared about small details, always had all the huds working in cars, active aero parts, correct dashboard lighting etc.

    If they throw that away its gonna be just another racing game to me, sure its gonna have its own feeling but those small details to me always been what distinguished Forza games from other.

    And I wouldn't say Youre getting too old for games, its games that are getting worse and worse every year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzmcom »
    yes it is, because I can't even download it. Can all of the windows 10 store workers kill themselves that'd be great thanks.
    Thats why I want an Xbox but Im wondering about GT Sport after playing GT4.


  10. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.
     
    Location: Jacareí, São Paulo
    Posts: 5,555

    #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobikV3 »
    As Ive said theres lots of small details that are wrong and it annoys me too cause Forza to me was the game that cared about small details, always had all the huds working in cars, active aero parts, correct dashboard lighting etc.

    If they throw that away its gonna be just another racing game to me, sure its gonna have its own feeling but those small details to me always been what distinguished Forza games from other.

    And I wouldn't say Youre getting too old for games, its games that are getting worse and worse every year.
    I feel you. I always enjoy small details in games. It's always amusing to notice them... to me, shows how much they care about their games. And this last sentence is questionable... lol Old people always say things are getting worse and worse every year, and that is not entirelly true, they're just... different.


    Quote Originally Posted by RobikV3 »
    Thats why I want an Xbox but Im wondering about GT Sport after playing GT4.
    Wait for it to get released... because it still has a massive chance to be a huge flop.

  11. carlos_69 is offline OMG EVO
      
    Location: Portugal
    Posts: 1,181

    #11

    Default

    I can't say much since i just started playing from Forza 6 but somethings are a bit weird in FM7, like you don't need to swap tires in the rain or that sometimes the racing is at dusk or dawn and you can see that the car has the headlights on but no illumination on the road.

    Other point is like they say the shaking of the parts. or the windscreen wipers going really slow in comparision to the force of the rain.

    Things i like is the fact that now things are like GT in the way of restrictions to power and etc. and (correct me if i'm wrong) the carrer divisons don't repeat the same tracks.

    By Jeremy Clarkson:
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
    Uplay: PTdumptruck

  12. mau92 is offline Car Aficianado
    Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts: 2,312

    #12

    Default

    Well, I haven't played any of the previous iterations of the game (Except for the extended FM6 demo that Apex was) so I don't have too much to compare to. About the paddle shifting animations, I think it's way better now (Barely noticeable) than what it was before, have you see how exaggerated is it on Apex and Horizon 3? Uggh so annoying.
    I also think that the windshield reflections of the hands are a bit over done, but to be honest I don't watch them everytime, even I don't see real world reflections on the windshield even when they are there. Anyways I'm enjoying the game a lot, and it's great fun when it's not crashing to desktop...
    About people complaining about no new features... It's a track racing game, there are not too many things to innovate in. I think the racing game fans are at an all time high of annoyment, which is quite ridiculous given all the options to choose you have at the moment. Apparently all games' physics are wrong, all lack something, all have bad feeling, all have not enough tracks or cars and the list goes on...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzmcom »
    yes it is, because I can't even download it. Can all of the windows 10 store workers kill themselves that'd be great thanks.
    Have you tried sideloading the game? It worked flawlessly to me. I was stuck with the same 0x87005 code and restarting. I just can't understand how they failed so shamelessly on the exact same thing as the previous game. The Windows store is the worse piece of software bundled with W10.

  13. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame
     
    Location: X
    Posts: 4,741

    #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mau92 »
    Well, I haven't played any of the previous iterations of the game (Except for the extended FM6 demo that Apex was) so I don't have too much to compare to. About the paddle shifting animations, I think it's way better now (Barely noticeable) than what it was before, have you see how exaggerated is it on Apex and Horizon 3? Uggh so annoying.
    I also think that the windshield reflections of the hands are a bit over done, but to be honest I don't watch them everytime, even I don't see real world reflections on the windshield even when they are there. Anyways I'm enjoying the game a lot, and it's great fun when it's not crashing to desktop...
    About people complaining about no new features... It's a track racing game, there are not too many things to innovate in. I think the racing game fans are at an all time high of annoyment, which is quite ridiculous given all the options to choose you have at the moment. Apparently all games' physics are wrong, all lack something, all have bad feeling, all have not enough tracks or cars and the list goes on...



    Have you tried sideloading the game? It worked flawlessly to me. I was stuck with the same 0x87005 code and restarting. I just can't understand how they failed so shamelessly on the exact same thing as the previous game. The Windows store is the worse piece of software bundled with W10.
    you mean extract the download url with fiddler and try to download it through a download manager?

  14. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame
     
    Location: X
    Posts: 4,741

    Last edited by Ozzmcom; 04/10/17 at 13:08 PM.

  15. mau92 is offline Car Aficianado
    Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts: 2,312

    #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzmcom »
    you mean extract the download url with fiddler and try to download it through a download manager?
    Yup, and then using powershell to install it. It's a bit annoying but it seems to be the only thing that works. But I see you have already asked for a refund, so...
    However, yeah, I think that this game's launch is way worse than FH3. Specially with the VIP BS...
    Last edited by mau92; 04/10/17 at 13:18 PM.

  16. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame
     
    Location: X
    Posts: 4,741

    #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mau92 »
    Yup, and then using powershell to install it. It's a bit annoying but it seems to be the only thing that works. But I see you have already asked for a refund, so...
    However, yeah, I think that this game's launch is way worse than FH3. Specially with the VIP BS...
    I've tried that, the powershell just kept giving me errors so I couldn't deal with it.

  17. mau92 is offline Car Aficianado
    Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts: 2,312

    #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzmcom »
    I've tried that, the powershell just kept giving me errors so I couldn't deal with it.
    Oh... I had the 0x87005 error on my first try too. But it was a problem with the files already installed from a previous failed download so I had to "uninstall" it (Cancel the download form the store) and load the first couple hundred of MBs form the store

  18. RobikV3 is offline RB26DETT
    Location: Poland
    Posts: 2,545

    #18

    Default

    Wow that is... really just what the hell? I already didnt like the stupid spins in FH3, but this is just another level of bullcrap, I totally wnat to grind 150K or 300K to get some random crap from loot box.

    This actually put me off from buying the game...


  19. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.
     
    Location: Jacareí, São Paulo
    Posts: 5,555

    #19

    Default

    The things hidden behind the "Plenty eyecandy to distract you", as Loek perfectly said so.

  20. Loek is offline Alleged estate fetishist
    Location: The Netherlands
    Posts: 649

    #20

    Default

    @Milli I drove the M5 E60 yesterday and I saw what you meant. However, it seems to be just the M5, because the Audi RS7 for instance, has a perfect dashboard reflection. I don't know what happened there.

    For the rest if we're talking about the entire game, not just graphics, I think the game is alright, currently it's more Forza 6.75 than 7 though. The car list feels a bit full of cheap claims (700 cars of which only 100 are worth noticing) and the game is just so similar to FM6 in everything that it doesn't feel that much like a new game. I think FM6 was already exploring the limits of the XB1, so FM7 will be a great game on the XB1X I think. For now, I'm not getting what I was expecting at first, and the terrible mistake which was buying the ultimate edition is one I regret to be honest. The added content from that has been less than impressive for now.


    FH3 on Xbox. Xbox username is PoIestar, with a capital "i" as "L". Wanna add me, you're welcome to do so.


 
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

about us

  • turboduck is a community that is dedicated to driving and racing games of all types on all platforms. Whether it's ticking off the miles/kilometres while exploring an open world, crashing and exploding everything in an insane balls-to-the-wall arcade racer, or nailing down every apex and trimming off every tenth possible in authentic sim-racing. It's all up for discussion as we enjoy the virtual cars, bikes, and everything else that these games offer. So join us, jump into the discussions, and don't think too much about why a 'duck' is our mascot. ;)
turboduck twitter turboduck facebook turboduck youtube turboduck twitter turboduck rss