Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

1. Milli is online now An eternal apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by Loek »
    @Milli I drove the M5 E60 yesterday and I saw what you meant. However, it seems to be just the M5, because the Audi RS7 for instance, has a perfect dashboard reflection. I don't know what happened there.
    Nah, it's not just the M5. Every single video i saw of Forza 7 has the overdone windshield reflection in every car. It's just a matter of the track lighting. Even the Sauber C9 has it.

2. Loek is offline Alleged estate fetishist

Quote Originally Posted by Milli »
    Nah, it's not just the M5. Every single video i saw of Forza 7 has the overdone windshield reflection in every car. It's just a matter of the track lighting. Even the Sauber C9 has it.
    Think I'm missing something here; I interpreted your first comment being the problem that you could see hands/steeringwheel in the windshield without a dashboard, but did you mean that or just that the reflections are bad at all? In case of the latter, I can't really comment, because I didn't pay too much attention to that.

FH3 on Xbox. Xbox username is PoIestar, with a capital "i" as "L". Wanna add me, you're welcome to do so.

3. Milli is online now An eternal apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by Loek »
    Think I'm missing something here; I interpreted your first comment being the problem that you could see hands/steeringwheel in the windshield without a dashboard, but did you mean that or just that the reflections are bad at all? In case of the latter, I can't really comment, because I didn't pay too much attention to that.
    It is because it's badly made and overdone. The proportions are all wrong in it. Cars do get windshield reflection? Some yes, do you see your own hand in the reflection while driving? Obviously not. In any car you won't see such effect.

But, it's like Forza screwed up the aspect ratio and deformed the reflex. Resized the height of the image but not the width, which makes it look really awful, like if every car has a very short dashboard size, where you drive really near of the windshield.

4. TDUZoqqer is offline Car Aficianado

As a Forza Enthusiast and car Detail fan, I can tell that Forza never really cared about indepth Details of single cars. I know Forza 4 has 600-ish or smth cars, and I concider that in the following Point - but there was not only one vehicle Artist on the whole game but a whole Team working just on this Topic.
    My Point: often cars were treat loveless, and real Details were ignored. Often the brake light Situation was messed up - parts glowed which were not intended to be, and other way around. Front- and rear wheels were ALWAYS the same, even on cars like F50, where ingame rear wheels were identically to the front ones, eventho the rear ones had more concavity irl. Same with the Murcielagos (which personally offended me a lot tbh) and some others. The Black Series C63 had the ugly plastic front bumper plate Region, which is obvioulsy useless in a game which is absolutely non-plate relative. (other than FH3, which still doesnt Support front plates anyway). In real life you could remove it in the configuration process when buying the car, and removing it on a "used" car easily. And so on and so on. Many small Details. They've improved a lot on the next-gen FMs - for instance you can see the brake lights of the Sauber glow realistically now.

I agree that the paddle shift Animation in FM7 Looks meh - it even looked better in TDU imo. FM7 exhaust shake Animation is a neat idea, although they've overdone it, A LLLOT.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, the windshield reflection Looks neat when you concider the hard sunshine from above and the Driver wearing White gloves.

All in all I can say - Forza doesn't take on on every single Detail - its almost impossible anyway concidering the tight time plan as it's an AAA title. Eventhough the car models are basically the same since FM4 (I know that, trust me), they could take on some Details theyve missed before - they even did on many cars. But still. Don't Forget that most of the People buying forza don't give a flying F about shifting animations and brake lights positions.

Just my two Cents.
    Last edited by TDUZoqqer; 2 weeks ago at 07:01 AM.

5. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Forza can do the large amount of cars due to outsourcing I believe. With so many models being produced by many teams I imagine quality is not always going to be at the same level. It is strange how the same older models get used and not recreated or even refreshed. Every Forza that comes out has people pointing out the same issues and they just get ignored.

I can understand tiny details that not many people will notice not being given much priority but those that are right in front of players' eyes? That seems crazy. Maybe they are just keeping to the whole 'ship it broken, fix it later' that is ever so popular now.
    I'm a bit mental.

6. mau92 is offline Car Aficianado

But is like saying "Boeing cannot produce all the parts needed to build a 737 so they outsource them (Which is true), and cannot assure the same quality on the parts they do produce". No matter who makes the things for you, you have to be sure they meet your standards, and if some outsourced cars are bad quality it's because T10 standards are low and not the other way around. I guess they really should refresh those cars that people keep pointing out, because, afaik, they didn't even fixed the errors of the original cars...

I agree on the "Ship broke, fix later" philoshphy... And it's kinda worrying

7. sti228 is offline Sim Racer

Forza Motorsport 7 Review by Inside Sim Racing

For the first time ever, Microsoft and Turn 10 Studios released a Forza Motorsport edition for both the Xbox One and the PC (Windows 10).
    Billy Strange of Inside Sim Racing presents his review of the new Forza Motorsport 7 title and tries to find out if the Windows 10 version of Forza 7 is ready to compete with the multitude of racing simulators already available on the PC platform.
    Billy analyzes all the major components of the game and shares his personal pros and cons.

Billy’s Pros

• Dash Cam
    • Career Progression
    • No Intro Race
    • Graphics
    • Car Selection
    • Track Selection
    • Audio Options
    • Force Feedback Options
    • Damage
    • Things Not Changed from FM6
    • Specialty Dealer
    • Adjustable Career Race Length
    • Presentation & UI

Billy’s Neutral

• Driving
    • Force Feedback
    • Prize Crates
    • Car Acquisition
    • Sound

Billy’s Cons

• AI
    • PC Optimization
    • Mandatory Career Races
    • No Throttle & Brake Sensitivity Adjustment
    • Camera Issues
    • H-Pattern Shifter
    • VIP Controversy

8. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Good video and review. Skipped through it a bit to catch the main points but it looks like 7 is not so lucky for Forza fans. Sure they can fix it but it's generally more difficult to get people back after they've been soured at the start.

Should this maybe have been delayed to November with the Xbox One X?
    I'm a bit mental.

9. sti228 is offline Sim Racer

Here is new reviews.

10. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

I bought this today despite reading about a lot of people having yet more problems downloading from the Store and the near 100GB download. Up to 42GB so far and I used that time to change the differential fluid and clean up some minor surface rust under the BMW, so I'm about to go out and do my standard Sunday car cleaning session and hopefully I'll come back with only a couple of hours left of downloading to do.

Had to download Horizon 3 about five times when that was released so I'm quietly hoping that won't be the case this time because 100GB is a bit of a joke this time around.

11. sti228 is offline Sim Racer

12. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

I mean animated pit stops are nice and all, but it's something that can be looked over to be honest, when I'm playing F1 2017 it's an opportunity to go on my phone or drink water I don't really pay attention to them.

13. RobikV3 is offline RB26DETT

Another good reason for me not to buy the game are the sounds, seriously how can you make the sounds worse than previous games? Are they deaf at T10??

TDU Online again - 28.09.2014
    Uplay : RobikV3

14. sti228 is offline Sim Racer

15. mau92 is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by hassan1995 »
    I mean animated pit stops are nice and all, but it's something that can be looked over to be honest, when I'm playing F1 2017 it's an opportunity to go on my phone or drink water I don't really pay attention to them.
    It's no excuse for having the car parked and add some "working on it" sound...

16. Milli is online now An eternal apprentice.

Nürburgring.

La Sarthe.

Quote Originally Posted by hassan1995 »
    I believe the major issue is not really the lack of pit crew in the game, the major issue is make people think it will be there, because they showed it very well in pre-release images and videos. Even some reviewers said that the game would have pit crew. The fact that it's nothing but a really big lie is what makes it a lot worse.

17. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

If that is how pit-stops actually work then that is pretty misleading.

Those sound and graphic comparisons are quite something after all. In saying that though, I think it's easy to get a bad pic in FM7 because of the variable time of day that it can apply over the period of a race, giving that flat look.
    I'm a bit mental.

18. Milli is online now An eternal apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    If that is how pit-stops actually work then that is pretty misleading.

Those sound and graphic comparisons are quite something after all. In saying that though, I think it's easy to get a bad pic in FM7 because of the variable time of day that it can apply over the period of a race, giving that flat look.
    That is how the pit stop is in Forza 7. Like any other Forza, no pit crew at all. Which is not what they showed people in their "In-game footage" trailer.

And not a "bad pic". The graphics got downgraded to handle the dynamic weather. Same thing happened in GT5 to GT6. Small details had to be ditched. I understand the reason why they did it though. Sad to see that they had to really cut things in Forza 7. Which leads to the thinking, why didn't they wait a bit for Xbox Scorpio? Won't it be way better than Xbox One?

Edit:

Also, apparently they made something that actually kills the porpouse of dynamic weather. You can't choose which tires you will use when you pit-in. So, if a race starts dry, and starts to rain, you don't really need to pit in to switch your tires. That sort of ruins all the fun of racing strategy. But i can be wrong about that. Someone who has the game could test it for us.
    Last edited by Milli; 1 week ago at 14:42 PM.

19. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

No I get that a downgrade would be needed to keep performance right in weather scenarios, but I also know that it is easy to get a bad pic when the lighting is drab. It would be interesting to see those same areas in shots where the weather is the same.
    I'm a bit mental.

20. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

Those stills don't do the game any justice what so ever, the game is actually stunning.

That's a standard screenshot, the game looks like that almost all the time, patchy grass doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last