1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Default Porsche 911 GT2 RS Laps Nürburgring in 6mins 47.3secs, setting new sports car record

Porsche unleashed their most powerful 911 ever on the infamous Ring and came out with the new sports car record with a time of 6 minutes 47.3 seconds. That's a smidgen under 10 seconds faster than Porsche's own flagship 918 Spyder hybrid.

I'm a bit mental.

2. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

Utter insanity, take that lamborghini what a car they've made, bet the people who've ordered them are over the moon with joy.

3. mau92 is offline Car Aficianado

Wasn't Porsche that said some time ago that they were not interested in Nurburgring lap times anymore?

4. TDUZoqqer is offline Car Aficianado

Porsche fanboys: HURR DURR nevur is the performante so fast its fake hurr durr.

Porsche fanboys: omg porsche best brand ever ofc its the fastest on the ring, i never had any doubts

I'd still rather take the Lambo.

5. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

I never even knew that FAKE call over the Performante was going on until I checked some of the comments (always a BIG mistake).
    I'm a bit mental.

6. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

The fake claim to the Huracan Performante comes from the fact that in the video, the car clearly misses the passenger seat and other interior parts, which result in a lower weight than the car you'd buy. Which sort of ruins the porpouse of "production car" lap time.

But these lap times now a days are always a bit hard to believe, as we don't know which tires they're using. The most beliavable lap time recently is the ACR, which was done with Kumho tires, and both Vipers had issues with the front left tire.

But, it's fair to say this Porsche is very quick. The speed it can tackle those corners, are videogame department.

7. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Ah, I did not know that.
    I'm a bit mental.

Search Tags

nurburgring lap record
porsche
porsche 911
porsche 911 gt2 rs
porsche nurburgring lap record