Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. tduck is offline Duck Tales!

Default Forza Motorsport 7 Will Not Have Toyota Production Cars!!

There will be no Toyota production cars in Forza Motorsport 7! As unbelievable as that sounds it has been officially confirmed by Turn 10 community manager, Brian Ekberg, in the latest 'Week in Review' posted on the official website.

Everyday and fan favourites such as the Supra, AE86, Celica, classic 2000 GT and more that have appeared in previous...

Read more on this...

Hey @H4milton, you got the featured image on this one!

2. H4milton is offline I'm voiD| H4Milton

Thank you haha

3. RobikV3 is offline RB26DETT

Yeah that kinda sucks, I wish they actually redo the whole car list instead of reusing the same old models

TDU Online again - 28.09.2014
    Uplay : RobikV3

4. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by RobikV3 »
    Yeah that kinda sucks, I wish they actually redo the whole car list instead of reusing the same old models
    Yeah some of those older models are looking a bit out of sorts these days.
    I'm a bit mental.

5. RobikV3 is offline RB26DETT

Yeah Subaru 22B and overall they could refresh it in terms of versions of the cars.

For example like Rx-7 been the same since FM3 the early model with ugly customisation, why cant they make the newer Spirit Type R, Z Tune R34, etc.

Yes the car list is huge but then again they only add couole dozen of cars each game, the rest stays the same, it just gets old and boring.

6. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

I quite like the older versions but their models could be better. It wouldn't hurt to get some other specs like those you mentioned though.
    I'm a bit mental.

7. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

Quote Originally Posted by RobikV3 »
    forza needs a loooong break like the gt. Build everything up to today's standards. They've pretty much become the cod of racing games.

8. RobikV3 is offline RB26DETT

Especially the Motorsport series look at FM5 and 6, theyre pretty much the same

9. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

Forza doesn't need a long break like GT, I'd like to play the next forza game in my lifetime thank you. A 2 year cycle is fine imo.

10. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzmcom »
    forza needs a loooong break like the gt. Build everything up to today's standards. They've pretty much become the cod of racing games.
    Yes and no. It's a 2-year development for each of the Forza games and they outsource on a grand scale I believe so getting these older models up to scratch shouldn't be that much of an issue. They just seem to prefer to leave them alone for some reason.
    I'm a bit mental.

11. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Yes and no. It's a 2-year development for each of the Forza games and they outsource on a grand scale I believe so getting these older models up to scratch shouldn't be that much of an issue. They just seem to prefer to leave them alone for some reason.
    quality is not so much the issue its the mentality of putting out a title every year, whoring out the game to the average guy who's not interested in cars. Which makes sense from a financial point of view but when you look at GT the purpose is so much more obvious, it stands out for itself. I wish forza had that kind of vision, it could be a much better game.

12. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

It's every 2 years... just because they hold the same name doesn't mean it's the same game. GT is playing it risky, you develop a game for so long peoples expectations will also rise and if the game falls short which GT sport may do it does more harm than good to the company. Turn 10 and playground may whore out the franchise but it's not like they're churning out steaming piles of crap, excluding forza 5 they haven't disappointed yet.

13. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

I don't think I would ever like to see Forza go to a GT-style release schedule. GT stagnated for ages, never really improving or adding what their fans wanted, but then Forza came around, and the bar was raised. Sure GT had the looks, the style and its photo mode but step back from that and it was still the same as it's always been. GT, PD and Kaz especially are arrogant in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I really admire the beauty and craft that goes into a Gran Turismo, but we're nearing the 20th anniversary of the series and it's only now slowly starting to embrace what its competitors have been doing for a while.

I think Sony needs to rein PD and co in a bit personally.
    I'm a bit mental.

14. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

It is always sad to see a big brand gets removed from a game, whatever the reason they have. Toyota sure will be missed by many Forza players, as they have great JDM models. I wonder why that happened though.

As Forza cars, i do agree they should update the older models, which they have been re-using for a long time. They did updated some though, it's just less visible and changes are minor. Re-make a 3D car might be more complicated than it sounds, specially if the 3D model is wrong. A single car might take a lot of their time, which could, yes, compromise the 2-year release schedule. There is no miracle in gaming industry, you can't have all, which is, good models, good programming and short release time. One of these 3 will be lacking a bit. 3D models now have much more polygons and the game engine has much more capacity to show details, that means, make a model today takes a lot more time than it did back in early 2000.

My main complain about Forza cars though have always been about their way of put cars. They put the "latest" or the "best" version of older cars. Like, a C6 Corvette? Only the ZR1 model. A Honda S2000? Only the CR model. And so on.
    Last edited by Diablo; 1 week ago at 18:50 PM. Reason: removed text that has been split-off to new topic

15. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

[Mod note:] To stop this from veering off from it's topic I have split the posts that are talking about how you feel the Gran Turismo series is being handled, to a new one: Gran Turismo - Is Polyphony Digital/Kaz "arrogant" or "brave" with it?
    I'm a bit mental.

16. randomsox10 is offline Hachi-Roku

Pretty stupid from both points of view. I'll probably hold off on FM6.5 unless somehow someway they pull something out thats never been done before (which they won't)

17. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

How can you do something that's never been done before in a racing game?

18. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by hassan1995 »
    How can you do something that's never been done before in a racing game?
    Quite easily. It's called innovation. I get what you mean though.
    I'm a bit mental.

19. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

Mario kart style power ups and wipeout cars 10/10 will buy

20. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Well they did the whole Hot Wheels thing in Horizon. What's to stop them continuing with it?!
    I'm a bit mental.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last