Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. randomsox10 is offline Hachi-Roku

These might not be unheard in other racing games, but within the Forza universe they could add 24 hour day/night cycle, new body mods and not the same things they've had since 2005, actual dynamic weather, the list goes on and on. I hadn't played any Forza games since FM4 so when I finally got an XB1 a few months ago, I was really disappointed with the fact that other than a couple new cars, and a couple tracks with rain, there was no difference between the two.

2. Ryzza5 is offline .

I'm guessing the Porsche DLC's sold so well they needed to pick another brand to swap with for FM7 now that every other racing game is including Porsche from day 1. Yes, I'm predicting a Toyota DLC pack for Forza 7.

3. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

Quote Originally Posted by hassan1995 »
    How can you do something that's never been done before in a racing game?
    rolling start, race flags, pits management just a few things that we're not getting with fm7

4. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    I'm guessing the Porsche DLC's sold so well they needed to pick another brand to swap with for FM7 now that every other racing game is including Porsche from day 1. Yes, I'm predicting a Toyota DLC pack for Forza 7.
    Toyota pulled out, just like vw did with forza horizon 3, don't expect any Dlc or sign of road going toyotas in the game.

Rolling starts were already done with the nascar Dlc no?

I do agree with pitstop management, they seriously need to improve on they and they seem to ignore it all the time.

5. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

Only 2 toyotas I care about are the gt-one and ts050. There's still hope.

6. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzmcom »
    Only 2 toyotas I care about are the gt-one and ts050. There's still hope.
    Yeah their racing cars are better for me too, although I do enjoy the Celica and MR2 in the production sense. Also if this includes Lexus, then not having the LFA will be disappointing too.
    I'm a bit mental.

7. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Yeah their racing cars are better for me too, although I do enjoy the Celica and MR2 in the production sense. Also if this includes Lexus, then not having the LFA will be disappointing too.
    yeah hopefully not. You have to see it from toyota's point of view though. If I was head of marketing of a brand I wouldn't want all that production team's hard work and effort go to waste in the hands of some 10 year old painting the cars to bright yellow with random aftermarket bumpers on it only to be driven on bright orange toy tracks.

8. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

Gran turismo may have a hand in this to be honest maybe they struck a deal with Toyota.

I mean I honestly don't care, yeah I'll miss the supra that's it, I hardly use toyota in games anyway.

9. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

yeah hopefully not. You have to see it from toyota's point of view though. If I was head of marketing of a brand I wouldn't want all that production team's hard work and effort go to waste in the hands of some 10 year old painting the cars to bright yellow with random aftermarket bumpers on it only to be driven on bright orange toy tracks.
    I see it the other way around though. If i was head of marketing, seeing how much games influences and helps to spread a brand name, more and more real car brands are releasing cars together with a game, i think it's bad marketing to not have your car in.

I would want "my car" in the game, and i would make sure it is accuratelly reproduced, with the right colors and possible trim levels, with kits that replicate the real aftermarket kits aswell.

10. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

This sort of thinking perplexes me. A brand as big as Toyota is going to be seen in various lights and one of these is the whole street-racing thing. But at the same time the Corolla and Yaris are seen as good city cars for differing age groups. Then in the US you have the Camry which is like the ultimate highway car or something over there.

I guess what I am trying to say is, I don't get how older people might look at a riced Supra and think Toyota is for kids when the same kids don't look at a sensible Corolla and think Toyota is for old boring people.

Incidentally, I do believe a number of marketing personnel in automotive makers have lauded that their representation in games as being a core way of imprinting their name on what they hope will be their future customers.
    Gran turismo may have a hand in this to be honest maybe they struck a deal with Toyota.

I mean I honestly don't care, yeah I'll miss the supra that's it, I hardly use toyota in games anyway.
    It is possible and if it turns out to be the case, I think I will be done with GT as exclusive licensing is something I cannot stand.

Or maybe it's even worse than we thought and a YouTuber has exclusive rights?!!!!!!!
    I'm a bit mental.

11. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

Non-sense. Project Cars 2 have Toyota GT86 and others in their car list.

12. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

That doesn't matter, I still think gran turismo potentially have struck a deal, if turn 10 said they're upset they don't have toyota there's more to this.

13. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

That doesn't matter, I still think gran turismo potentially have struck a deal, if turn 10 said they're upset they don't have toyota there's more to this.
    And what Gran Turismo has to do with it? If it was an exclusive contract, you wouldn't see it on Project Cars 2. So yes, it does matter.

Plus, anything that makes Turn 10 upset is automatically linked to Gran Turismo and they're the one to blame? It is easier to be a price matter than anything else. Toyota wanted more, Turn 10 didn't want to pay, deal is not made. Simple.

14. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

The reason going about is simply that Toyota don't like their cars being modified. Now whether that came into effect before Turn 10 had done the deal or is because of something else is impossible to say unless it's revealed. It does seem a really weak reason, especially after the amount of time that has been, and through which has resulted in a number of their models becoming notorious as street-racing icons but hey, companies pull stupid stuff all the time.
    I'm a bit mental.

15. Ryzza5 is offline .

If that is the case we should expect Toyota to also be missing from the next Need for Speed

16. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    If that is the case we should expect Toyota to also be missing from the next Need for Speed
    Yep, unless the deals were done before they chose to go that way.
    I'm a bit mental.

Page 2 of 2 First 12