View Poll Results: Are black rims getting less popular?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, wat u talkin' bout, black rims r here 2 stay m8

4 57.14%
  • Yes, black rims are thankfully getting less popular

1 14.29%
  • Diamond cut alloys are the way forward

1 14.29%
  • Black wheels are still popular, but I'd never have them on my car

1 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Question Black Wheels: Yay or nay?

Are black wheels going out of fashion? Do you want them to go? They're not quite gone yet but I've noticed more and more expensive cars being specced without them, is this a trend or am is it just wishful thinking on my behalf?

*shudder* I hate the silver lip around these alloys more than I hate that they're black.

Vote in the poll
    Last edited by Microphone; 04/07/17 at 11:46 AM.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

2. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Depends on the colour of the car but generally I like a black wheel with a silver rim, but not on a white or silver car. Those suit fully black wheels imo.
    I'm a bit mental.

3. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

Entirely depends on the car, I'm not keen on the way merc are going with their wheels, I think however I'd have diamond cut wheels over black wheels as they appeal a bit more to me.

4. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Gimme the silver wheels, thanks.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

5. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

The colour of the car makes that choice easier though. Black on red isn't something you see a lot but the yellow with black is.
    I'm a bit mental.

6. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

True, but I'd still rather have silver wheels on the yellow car:

7. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

In this case black/stealth wheels looks amazing.

8. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Microphone »
    True, but I'd still rather have silver wheels on the yellow car:

http://images.car.bauercdn.com/pagef...perfast-04.jpg
    This with those wheels in black with a yellow rim would be pretty sweet, or even just some yellow lettering on the sidewall.
    I'm a bit mental.

9. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Quote Originally Posted by hassan1995 »
    In this case black/stealth wheels looks amazing.
    I agree, the 570 is a tough one, I've seen 570GTs that look amazing with silver wheels, but the S and spyder do seem to suit the stealth wheels more.

10. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

It can be make or break with the colour of the brake calipers too. That yellow Fezza above would look even better with red brakes imo - it just adds a bit more sportiness.
    I'm a bit mental.

11. Ryzza5 is offline .

I'll just have whatever the car comes with. Case in point my motorcycle has red wheels. I'm not looking to spend extra on that.

12. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    I'll just have whatever the car comes with. Case in point my motorcycle has red wheels. I'm not looking to spend extra on that.
    We're mainly talking OEM wheels here anyway rather than aftermarket, even if you were buying a used car rather than speccing one, what if two identical cars with different wheels were up for sale at the same price? You honestly don't care about wheels at all?

13. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

You honestly don't care about wheels at all?
    That just sounds so weird in the tone I read it in.
    I'm a bit mental.

14. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

15. Rassva is offline Lannister

"Gimme the silver wheels, thanks."
    Ah, the depreciation spec.
    On a serious note I got bored with all the cars having black wheels. On most cars I'd prefer them silver now.

16. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rassva »
    "Gimme the silver wheels, thanks."
    Ah, the depreciation spec.
    On a serious note I got bored with all the cars having black wheels. On most cars I'd prefer them silver now.
    Yeah I think we're on the same page here tbh, unless it's a Rosso Corsa ferrari, having silver wheels is usually the cheaper option right now.

The black centre-lock wheels on a 911 GTS are something i'd consider, although I've read a lot about centre-lock wheels being an absolute nightmare for a daily driver.

17. Rassva is offline Lannister

A f12 owner told me that he couldn't afford his car at the moment he got it if he would've went for a more exotic spec, as he wanted it dark blue

18. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

As design goes, diamond cut is being the more trendy approach. Although, it says nothing about one's personal taste. I actually enjoy black/dark grey rims on cars.

19. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rassva »
    A f12 owner told me that he couldn't afford his car at the moment he got it if he would've went for a more exotic spec, as he wanted it dark blue
    I can believe that, was it paint-to-sample it was it a dark blue Ferrari already offer, they just offer it for a considerable amount more money? I think they're as bad as Porsche when it comes to limiting the amount of each colour that gets produced, meaning if you want one of the rarer colours you must have to pay through your teeth for it.

I'd be interesting in knowing the genuine prices for the MSO alterations you can get on a McLaren, I can't see them being as huge as Ferrari but they can't be cheap either. Once the second hand market starts being kinder to McLarens I can see the MSO pricing increasing though.

20. Ryzza5 is offline .

We're mainly talking OEM wheels here anyway rather than aftermarket, even if you were buying a used car rather than speccing one, what if two identical cars with different wheels were up for sale at the same price? You honestly don't care about wheels at all?
    That's right. I'm not that fused at all. Speccing and ordering any new will depreciate a lot very quickly regardless, so I'll stick to the second hand market.

Hypothetically speaking, if black wheels looked good and didn't cost any extra dollars or time, I might go with them if they stayed clean for longer.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last