1. Dextcloud is offline Hot Hatch

Default Forza Engine sounds are like in real life !

Hi,
    I only have got Forza 3, Forza 4 and Forza Horizon 1 but i would like to say that Forza has got wonderfull perfectly realistics sounds for each car !
    They record every car in the game and with a very good quality !

But, as i see in youtube : some people have posted some crapy videos to compare with real life and saying that the game has not the good sounds !

Forza is the only game in wich the engines sounds are recorded from REAL CARS !

It is so amazing and it is the most realistic game in the world !

I love Porsche cars and i recognize the engine sound of the 911, for example the 911 Carrera RS 2.7 from 800 to 7300 rpm even in Forza 3 !
    Forza 3 had already almost perfect engine sounds !!!!

So, according to me Forza Horizon 3 is close to perfection ! An amazing game franchise ! I want to buy an Xbox One S just to play FH3 and Forza 6.
    Last edited by Dextcloud; 14/06/17 at 15:23 PM.

2. Djey is offline Car Aficianado

Sounds are quite good in FH3, that's right!

But, I would not say they are totally accurate for each car. Having a sound recorded for each vehicle (500+ so far), is just impossible, so they also use generic (4-cylinder, muscle V8 ...) with a few or no FX processing.

But don't get me wrong, most of them are of great quality... and that's a great balance between ultimate accuracy and developer workload
    Give life back to TDU: #TDUForever
    Projects: TDUF | TDUMT | Community Patch 2.00A
    Buy me a beer (donate)

3. RobikV3 is online now RB26DETT

Sadly not all cars have that good sounds, take an R34 Skyline for a spin, it doesnt sound like a RB26 at all, which is funny because R32 sounds perfect.

And I still think NFS MW2012 has the best engine sounds.

TDU Online again - 28.09.2014
    Uplay : RobikV3

4. Ryzza5 is offline .

Quote Originally Posted by Dextcloud »
    Forza is the only game in which the engines sounds are recorded from REAL CARS !
    Forza has very good sounds, but this statement is very false. Obviously there's more to achieving greatness than just the source of audio. How good are the microphones, how many were used, what software is used to create the samples, how much are they compressed, what audio features does the game engine support, how much CPU budget can be allocated to audio vs other tasks, etc, etc.

5. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

It does a lot of them right but it doesn't get them all. That being said, the majority of cars that are represented with quality sound do make the game that much better to play.
    I'm a bit mental.

6. Dextcloud is offline Hot Hatch

Djey : They did'nt have to record every car because some cars share the same engine (Ferrari Enzo and Maserati MC12 for example) so they have less car to record than the full car list but i don't think they used generic samples.

RobikV3 : i will try this car in Forza 4 and Forza Horizon. NFS most wanted engine sounds are good indeed ! I have played it and i can say that they are great but Forza sounds are better to me.

Ryzza 5 : Yes, i know. You are right but in Forza the sound quality is great.

Diablo : Yes, Forza is very enjoyable.

I would like to be sure that they didn't use generic samples like Djey said. I know that some v8 sound the same but maybe it is the same engine bloc ?
    Last edited by Dextcloud; 14/06/17 at 15:47 PM.

7. RobikV3 is online now RB26DETT

Some of the cars yes but for example Alfa 8C has the same engine sound as AMG GT, which is kinda wrong they dont sound identical, and SLS uses the same sound which also is wrong

TDU Online again - 28.09.2014
    Uplay : RobikV3

8. Djey is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by Dextcloud »
    Djey : They did'nt have to record every car because some cars share the same engine (Ferrari Enzo and Maserati MC12 for example) so they have less car to record than the full car list but i don't think they used generic samples.
    [...]
    I would like to be sure that they didn't use generic samples like Djey said. I know that some v8 sound the same but maybe it is the same engine bloc ?
    To me, 'generic' term does not stand for bad sounds or completely synthetic ones, they are likely to be recorded from real car with care. My point is they may take shortcut to reuse them for vehicles with similar (or not so) engine architecture. Like in The Crew game btw, thinking about Minis and Fiat 500 for example ...
    Give life back to TDU: #TDUForever
    Projects: TDUF | TDUMT | Community Patch 2.00A
    Buy me a beer (donate)

9. mau92 is offline Car Aficianado

Of course T10 will recycle old or another car sounds (Albeit, with modifications). Just think how expensive and time consuming it is to record 400+ cars (700 for the upcoming FM7). Although budgets are pretty big for games, even bigger than some movies, developers try to cut costs because at the end of the day they want to make profit out of it.