1. alfredolvera is offline Just a Skidmark

Question Most durable Steering Wheel?

Hi guys,
    I'm looking into building a racing arcade cabinet and I'm researching into possible racing wheels. But, as I learned with my regular arcade (and my mashy-buttons drunk friends), going with the highest quality parts isn't the same as going with the most durable and abuse-ready ones.
    I was looking into the high end Logitechs, like the G920 and such, but I don't know if it will be able to withstand that kind of abuse.
    Do you have any recommendations for a Steering Wheel system that is abuse ready for drunk people?
    Thanks!!

2. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Now that's a question you don't see often. To be honest I don't think I have seen many wheels with the "abuse ready for drunk people" approved sticker. Apart from Logitech like you mentioned, there is also Thrustmaster and Fanatec but I got no inkling as to how robust they are. If you do find one, please let us know!
    I'm a bit mental.

3. Ryzza5 is offline .

I know @Ozzmcom sometimes played TDU with his Logitech while under the influence.

Direct drive wheels are probably the most durable and are more likely to injure the user before suffering damage. Very expensive though.

Something like a Fanatec CSW would be a better middle ground.

The Logitech wheels are comparatively described as toys, but by the time they break you might want to upgrade anyway to support the latest consoles.

Hope this helps

4. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

5. Ryzza5 is offline .

Remind everyone what BBW stands for...

I'm sure you were actually quicker on those occasions

6. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

that's libelous

edit: I'm kiddin ry
    Last edited by Ozzmcom; 12/06/17 at 10:39 AM.

7. Stories is offline Sportscar Racer

"Do you have any recommendations for a Steering Wheel system that is abuse ready for drunk people?"

ahah yeah you're right, i'm always in drunks too when i go to ride around the island of tdu (and some smokey breaks too of course)
    And I finally always with the G25 racing wheel, so perfect and its like new after 9 years, there was only 1 problem when the string/wire were disconnected under the manual shifter but a little glue and 10minutes to clean it was enough
    [IMG][/IMG]

8. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

yeah g25 is perfect, just don't play any of the F1 games with it