1. Ryzza5 is offline .

Default Richard Hammond has crashed a Rimac in Switzerland

And he's gone and done it again

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...0628daef7e8274

Gotta feel for his poor wife and family

2. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

He is one seriously unlucky and lucky man. As you say it's a shame for his family that this tends to happen to him more than others, but good to hear he got out by himself, as the images of the aftermath make the situation look worse than it was.

[admin note]: I moved your post to its own thread as I don't think it's fair to make it out to be a 'Richard Hammond has crashed' collection.
    I'm a bit mental.

3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

UPDATE: He's posted a video on DRIVETRIBE. He's doing well after having "binned it again" but he's going to need a "Swiss Army Knee" due to the injury sustained on it. For all he's gone through, you have to really admire the chipper attitude he's still got.

Get well s**n Hamster!
    I'm a bit mental.

4. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Good to hear he's okay! It was a worrying period after seeing images of the crash before JC and the team confirmed he was okay.

The images of the wrecked car are highly concerning, the crash wasn't at 250mph in extremely hot conditions..... but Rimac have spent a lot of time boasting very bold claims about the potential of this car and how fast it would go around the nurgburgring etc.

Why did it burst into flames? Did the reason it burst into flames highlight an underlying issue with the car that might have caused the crash? Richard was surrounded by a film crew and emergency services when he crashed this car, but what if it was a customer who didn't have an entourage everytime he took the car out? The car bursting into flames is seriously not okay.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

5. Ryzza5 is offline .

Well if you turned on a laptop and then took a hammer to it you might expect a similar result. Perhaps without the sound of an engine it's hard to know when you're pushing it. It looked like he had stability control turned off, or maybe it was on but not very good.

6. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    Well if you turned on a laptop and then took a hammer to it you might expect a similar result. Perhaps without the sound of an engine it's hard to know when you're pushing it. It looked like he had stability control turned off, or maybe it was on but not very good.

If you took a hammer to your laptop and it set on fire, the manufacturer would ask what the hell was going through your head when you did it, whereas driving quickly is the primary function of the Rimac and it should be prepared for a crash without bursting into flames imo There are some scenarios where it can probably be forgiven, but from what we've seen this doesn't seem like one of them.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

7. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

A laptop can really catch fire if it gets hit by a hammer?

8. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Well! There's only one way to find out!

*Both myself and TDUCK do not endorse damaging laptops or trying to make things set on fire and cannot be held responsible for any damage/harm/death that happens as a result of that

9. Ryzza5 is offline .

There's a little crash, and then there's what RH did to that car, it was pretty well crushed. If it did not crush then passenger safety would be compromised. Hard balance to design for electric cars. Not trying to stand up for Rimac or anything though.

10. Ryzza5 is offline .

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    [admin note]: I moved your post to its own thread as I don't think it's fair to make it out to be a 'Richard Hammond has crashed' collection.
    Fair enough. But can we make this thread a 'Richard Hammond has crashed' collection then?

11. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Please continue the discussion of this in the new thread with the video interview about this.
    I'm a bit mental.