View Poll Results: 'the banner contest' #91 Poll (you can vote for a MAX of 3 entries)

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1) Milli

2 12.50%
  • 2) Paladin Skylark *DQ*

2 12.50%
  • 3) mau92

6 37.50%
  • 4) nfsMIB

3 18.75%
  • 5) RobikV3

0 0%
  • 6) Ozzmcom

6 37.50%
  • 7) robillard3381

6 37.50%
  • 8) Loek

0 0%
  • 9) TimBud

0 0%
  • 10) Rassva

7 43.75%
  • 11) hassan1995

4 25.00%
  • 12) carlos_69

7 43.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Paladin Skylark is offline Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »

Notices:
    * Paladin Skylark is disqualified due to not voting in the poll!
    Yeah step-dad died so I didn't get around to voting. I'll be AWOL for a little to sort things out so will be absent from the competition for a week or two.
    PSN: Sky_Gam // XBLA: SkylarkGaming // Steam: Paladin Skylark

2. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin Skylark »
    Yeah step-dad died...
    So very sorry to hear that Devin. My condolences.
    I'm a bit mental.

3. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

Quote Originally Posted by Rassva »
    I'd love a free round in which everybody would be allowed to edit their photos, we'd have really nice and creative pics.
    I used to run a separate contest back in the golden age of tducentral, yes there were that many active members back then, were you were allowed to photoshop and edit the pics however you liked.

PoTW2: Week 1 Vote | turboduck forum

4. TDUFREAK500 is online now Rotary <3

I remember that contest, that needs to be a thing again, so many awesome looking entries when editing is allowed.

Flick
    r

Facebook
    My Website

Most professional photographers spend all our days in a
    seemingly lifelong pursuit for the perfect image. Personally,
    I know I’ll never shoot a “perfect image”
    - Larry Chen

5. mau92 is offline Car Aficianado

Oh yeah I do remember the unedited and edited contests. Maybe we can give it a shot

6. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

The thing about allowing editing is it's great for those who have those skills but, for everyone else, it puts them on the back foot. I don't mind you wanting to start another thread (or even contest?) up for it though. Not sure you'd have the numbers to do it well mind.

So the next theme is going to be a Free one then I gather? Will get that done on Sunday as been enjoying the hot weather while its here.
    I'm a bit mental.

7. TDUFREAK500 is online now Rotary <3

A lot of basic editing techniques are reasonably easy to learn, there are thousands of tutorials out there, and there is free image editing programs that people can use (gimp, etc) maybe we can do a contest that allows editing once every month or two just to see how it goes and then decide from there?

Flick
    r

Facebook
    My Website

- Larry Chen

8. Loek is offline Alleged estate fetishist

If your picturing and composition skills are too bad that you have to innaturally disguise them, why should you be picked for the best picture?

*grabs popcorn*

FH3 on Xbox. Xbox username is PoIestar, with a capital "i" as "L". Wanna add me, you're welcome to do so.

9. TDUFREAK500 is online now Rotary <3

Well to be completely honest, I shake my head at some of the great images that don't get voted for a lot of the time, there is great stuff that gets entered and half the time they loose to stuff that is more like a snapshot than something that someone put a lot of effort into, not to offend anyone because there is a lot of solid entries, but I feel the best stuff constantly gets overlooked in voting. Plus your point is kinda irrelevant in the photography world, even people that can take an incredible image in camera may still retouch the image to make it better, even if it's basic stuff like tones, highlights and shadows, and even cropping (gasp) because you don't always get the perfect image in camera. I'm just saying that allowing editing may actually push people to create better entries, rather than just jumping on a game, snapping a shot and calling it done, I see entries like hassan's that have put a lot of effort into composition, location, etc and have produced great images, and didn't get as many votes. I am probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but I honestly don't care, I'm just sick of the great stuff that people put a lot of effort into not being voted for.

Flick
    r

Facebook
    My Website

- Larry Chen

10. Loek is offline Alleged estate fetishist

While I get your point, it takes time to figure out the best way to "snap a picture". I think it's more fun to give everyone the same chances (let's face it, all the entries in tbc come from 3 different games) and that you're able to get creative with the tools a game gives you. If the theme is "NFS Car List", good and eligible shots go beyond driving somewhere and capturing a moment from it.
    From that shot from me that won, it took me about 35 minutes to find a location and a weather setup alone, and a dozen of failed attempts. The result is an image I'm still proud of. I don't think there's anything you can edit to that shot to make it better, which imo is the sport.
    When you can edit, the contest does indeed not go beyond snapping a picture, and is mostly relying on third party software to save your day.

TL;DR everyone gets the same tools and guide, up to you to exploit them in the best way.

(this is not a rant towards people who edit their images, just know the seperation between tbc and your own personal gallery space)

FH3 on Xbox. Xbox username is PoIestar, with a capital "i" as "L". Wanna add me, you're welcome to do so.

11. Ryzza5 is offline .

I don't mind the idea of every 10th or last comp of even numbered months allowing editing, even though I have no skills.

12. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

We will see what happens with the current one. It could simply be solved by having a 'standard' and 'edited' winner at the end of voting, and depending on the number of entries it could be worth upping the max votes allowed to make this easier to manage.

Personally however, I would prefer to have two different contests where the winner(s) get to be on the banner.
    I'm a bit mental.

Page 3 of 3 First 123

Search Tags

picture contest
picture of the week
potw
sotw
the banner contest