View Poll Results: 'the banner contest' #91 Poll (you can vote for a MAX of 3 entries)

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1) Milli

2 12.50%
  • 2) Paladin Skylark *DQ*

2 12.50%
  • 3) mau92

6 37.50%
  • 4) nfsMIB

3 18.75%
  • 5) RobikV3

0 0%
  • 6) Ozzmcom

6 37.50%
  • 7) robillard3381

6 37.50%
  • 8) Loek

0 0%
  • 9) TimBud

0 0%
  • 10) Rassva

7 43.75%
  • 11) hassan1995

4 25.00%
  • 12) carlos_69

7 43.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Default tbc: 'the banner contest' #91 - Your image on our banner | WINNERS: Rassva & carlos_69

The Banner Contest!

It is the turn of a Ferrari 355 to grace our banner from tbc #90 as Loek's fantastic shot took the win. With a theme that was quite constrained in what could be done, it took some creative thinking and clever execution to have a valid entry and meant that there was some truly wonderful images submitted, not least, the winning shot.

Theme: Parked up in the city
    eg: 'a stationary parked vehicle in an urban setting' (think an automotive shoot or a car spotting shot)

Deadline: Sun 14th May, 2017 - Entries | TBD - Votes

PRIZE
    • The winning entry or entries will be posted up on our community forum banner and if large enough will also be put on our social channels too. (if multiple winners then images will be split between these as we see fit)

RULES
    • Stick to the implied theme (don't look for loopholes) - any being awkward for the sake of it will make you ineligible for entry
    • Images must not exceed 5MB, and dimensions must be at least 1280x720. (please do not crop your pics to the banner dimensions)
    • No post-production or editing of entry images except to crop or resize please, raw from the game is what we want - use the game settings to set up your image correctly
    • The post that contains your entry image MUST! be labelled with 'ENTRY POST' (makes it clear what image you are going with & for us to find )
    • If you change your mind on your entry image - DO NOT post updated images in later posts, edit and replace the previous image with the new one (up until thread is locked for Poll creation)
    • Each entrant must also cast a vote - if you fail to vote, your entry will be disqualified from Poll results (those unable to vote are exempt from this)
    • You cannot vote for yourself - instant disqualification if so
    • Winner chooses the next theme, unless they won prior, in which case the runner up decides - if no pick within 24 hours then theme will be free-for-all
    • Winner has 24 hours to create a new thread or can PM or reply in the current 'tbc' thread to have a staff member do so instead
    • Winner must not try to sneak new rules in the new thread or alter existing rules - be clear on your theme to avoid this
    • Competition is limited to games on all platforms of any age that are classified as driving/racing games. (i.e. FPS games that have cars in them are not eligible) (Please mention what game your screenshot is from if not obvious)
    • Entering the competition with a TDU2 picture may result in suspension/ban of your account.
    • Each contest is broken into an entries part and then a voting part, after which the winner(s) will be decided from the poll results
    • A minimum of 10 entries is required in order to proceed to voting

tl;dr: Entries MUST: be at LEAST 1280px in width & 720px in height, NOT have any editing done to them except for what the game allows, and NEEDS to have some form of 'entry post' text in the post with your entry image. If you enter then you HAVE TO vote!

Good luck and remember you can use your Gallery space to host your entry.

I'm a bit mental.

2. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Cool

Theme: Parked up in the city
    From the entries below pick up to a maximum of 3 and vote for them in the poll up top.

1) Milli

2) Paladin Skylark

3) mau92

4) nfsMIB

5) RobikV3

6) Ozzmcom

7) robillard3381

8) Loek

9) TimBud

10) Rassva

11) hassan1995

Attachment 28933

12) carlos_69

I'm a bit mental.

3. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

Entry Post

4. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Going for the classic 'I have broken down' look I see. j/k
    I'm a bit mental.

5. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

I've ran out of blinker fluid. Otherwise the hazzards would be on.

6. RobikV3 is online now RB26DETT

That Mazda looks surprisingly good on those wheels

Static theme I should be able to figure out something for this
    Last edited by RobikV3; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:28 AM.

TDU Online again - 28.09.2014
    Uplay : RobikV3

7. Paladin Skylark is offline Stark

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<ENTRy POST>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PSN: Sky_Gam // XBLA: SkylarkGaming // Steam: Paladin Skylark

8. mau92 is offline Car Aficianado

Now changed
    Entry post

Last edited by mau92; 2 Weeks Ago at 15:02 PM.

9. Ryzza5 is offline .

Not what I would call "parked". I believe he is after pics where you are posing, parked on the side of a city street. You appear to have spun out in the middle of an intersection. Not sure about Milli's one as the wheels look a tad blurred (not parked) plus the barriers on the side of the road scream race track.

You want something more like this

Technically this is also parked in a city area but I wouldn't call it 'posing'. On the flip side, this is posing but not parked on the street so it's still borderline to me. This one is parked in the outskirts of a small city, but the camera shows rural area so again, borderline. This would be a clear pass if it were a nicer photo, the cars chosen are a tad borderline. This is just to test if you are still reading.

I'll enter this pic for now

In a city
    Side of the road
    Parked
    Officer keeping the crowds under control
    Last edited by Ryzza5; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:48 AM.

10. Loek is offline Driving in style

Mau's background is questionable but the pose is nice, Milli's is also alright. I scrolled through my own thread to gather a few examples to get the feel.

FH3 on Xbox. Xbox username is PoIestar, with a capital "i" as "L". Wanna add me, you're welcome to do so.

11. Ryzza5 is offline .

Did the Volvo get towed?

12. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

@Loek I agree, the position of the car in @mau92's shot is a good one but it doesn't adhere to the theme. Now if it was in front of a row of shops, a business or in a car park, it would be excellent. AC does have the new Highlands track, park your car in the built up area and you're golden!

For inspiration I would take a look at the current What You Saw Recently thread we have. Ignore the auto show showroom shots, look more to the candids and those taken in multi-storey car parks. This is an awesome theme to let that inner-photographer out!
    I'm a bit mental.

13. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

The Mazda photo i am very sure i parked it there to take the photo. I used it for a GT6 championship, where i was responsible to make the banners and such. I really parked it there.

And technically, a race track in middle of streets still being "in city". If it has fences to block traffic or not changes nothing. Monaco is still Monaco when holding F1 races.
    Last edited by Milli; 2 Weeks Ago at 13:56 PM.

14. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

It looks stopped to me, I mean look at the driver with their head down in despair at having to suffer from technical problems.
    I'm a bit mental.

15. nfsMIB is offline Ladedruck

-Entry Post-

16. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Dark, moody... and about to be stolen.
    I'm a bit mental.

17. RobikV3 is online now RB26DETT

Changed my entry

<< Entry post>>

Last edited by RobikV3; 1 Week Ago at 16:32 PM.

TDU Online again - 28.09.2014
    Uplay : RobikV3

18. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

ENTRY POST
    Last edited by Ozzmcom; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:02 AM.

19. robillard3381 is offline :)

Entry post

20. Loek is offline Driving in style

Entry Post:

I just had to include Hot Wheels' Thrill City into here
    They call it a city and my car is not moving. Although to be honest, my original approach to the theme would be different.

FH3 on Xbox. Xbox username is PoIestar, with a capital "i" as "L". Wanna add me, you're welcome to do so.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last