Topic:

WTCC 2017

1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Smile WTCC 2017

Just noticed this on twitter and thought some of us here might be interested in watching this kind of eSport.

Race 1 has just started a few mins ago.

April 23rd: eSports WTCC | Round 01 | Monza - YouTube
    I'm a bit mental.

2. H4milton is offline I'm voiD| H4Milton

raceroom is the worst possible simulator game ever made

3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Can't really comment on that but from what I just watched in those races, the title provides a decent platform for some close touring car racing action. I wonder if there will be some post-race discipline dished out on that second one.
    I'm a bit mental.

4. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

I don't really get racing in esports, why watch non-race pilots try to race in a video game when u can watch the real thing?

5. Ryzza5 is offline .

Agreed, especially when most 'aliens' in sim racing seem to be devoid of any kind of interesting personality or charisma. If I'm going to watch a sim race it's gotta have open mics and some fun banter going on, even at the cost of less amazing driving skills (although that's still important obviously).

Would be ace if the thread title made it clearer that this is a game or eSport.

6. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzmcom »
    I don't really get racing in esports, why watch non-race pilots try to race in a video game when u can watch the real thing?
    I didn't (and still don't for certain titles) get the whole eSports thing but, when I saw this, I thought to myself about those races I have had where I saved the replay afterwards and would watch it again at a later time because of the action in it. And then it kind of clicked that this is in essence, that.

I don't expect everyone to get it and you're free to ignore these threads when they get posted or are updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    Would be ace if the thread title made it clearer that this is a game or eSport.
    You may need glasses if you missed the eSports prefix assigned to this thread.
    I'm a bit mental.

7. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

I see the whole lack of charisma thing the other way: it's fun to watch normal, down to earth people race againts each other instead of these huge celebrities for a change. Some good fights in there too! I can't wait to watch some races in Project CARS 2 with the new esports features, I think it will be possible to have like a camera director and a commentator making these races pretty cool for the spectators too, would love to have a huge TDUCk racing series with a commentator and all
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

8. Ryzza5 is offline .

I didn't miss it, but the chatbox did. My request still stands. Agreed super I didn't mean 'celebrities' with that - just random guys who aren't too shy to form coherent sentences.

9. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

It can be immense fun to watch normal folk playing any sort of sport I agree, however just like all sports it will be the best who will come out on top and go on to to do it professionally. When the big names and brands get involved, you know they are going to want to do it properly in order to show it as a viable entity in its own right, and not be seen as some corny fad.

Again I am lukewarm and still roll my eyes when I read something about a "pro gamer" but these sort of events are turning my views bit by bit.
    I'm a bit mental.

10. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

I enjoy watching people playing games, i enjoyed to watch TDUCk Forza league, when Santtu and Devin streamed it in Twitch. But i do agree with Ry, about the lack of charisma of some people. They do not have to be celebrities, but they could be more natural, less robotic. More emotion in what you're doing. If you're not going to do with emotion, don't even talk then, just leave the race sound.

For me, it is more enjoyable to watch a race, without someone talking, than watch a race, being narrated by someone who talks cold as a robot.

11. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Missed this yesterday but then I was watching the manic action that was going on in the BTCC. Need to see if I can find a place to catch-up on what happened.
    I'm a bit mental.

12. Ryzza5 is offline .

every time I see WTCC in the title I forget it's a game and Andy is talking about the real thing

Search Tags

esports racing
esports wtcc