1. mau92 is offline Car Aficianado

I wouldn't be bothered if they use the same map as far as they add some more detail, open new roads and add some more details to the cities (NYC feels a bit dull tbh). Also, a map extension would be okay too or a new location as well.
    The important thing is that they have to update the interiors and sounds, they broke the whole experience for me.

2. Paladin Skylark is offline Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvjy »
    When the hell are we going to get a nice open world driving game set in Japan damn it
    Whenever Polyphony Digital finally makes an open world game.
    PSN: Sky_Gam // XBLA: SkylarkGaming // Steam: Paladin Skylark

3. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

Quote Originally Posted by mau92 »
    I wouldn't be bothered if they use the same map as far as they add some more detail, open new roads and add some more details to the cities (NYC feels a bit dull tbh). Also, a map extension would be okay too or a new location as well.
    The important thing is that they have to update the interiors and sounds, they broke the whole experience for me.
    I agree with you on the sound aspect but still don't understand your point of view on the interiors as they were perfectly fine in most cars (excluding the circuit/raid spec cars) + they were largely customizable which is an aspect that's missing in many car games that we rank above TC.

Just dug up the first interior shot I could find, this was taken on the Xbox
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

4. Ryzza5 is offline .

With the exception of adding loopdeloops, etc for the Summit monster trucks, odds are that the devs responsible for making maps and assets haven't really had a heap to do for TC1 since it released in late 2014. A 2018 release for TC2 means they get around 4 years, which is less than TC1, but they already have a proven game engine and a whole bunch of assets (i.e. trees, buildings, signs, etc) that could be reused to some extent. So it's not impossible to rule out a completely new location, although I don't think I'd mind if the ol' USA were still accessible (in addition to a new area).

The single biggest problem with interior camera views imo which sadly was never addressed was the built-in fidgeting both of the steering wheel movement and the camera view. When my own head and steering wheel moves in the real world having the game do something else breaks immersion and can even make me feel ill after a while. If they add VR support for TC2 then they would absolutely have to turn that off.

When I gave up trying to make it drive like a sim and just grabbed a gamepad and 3rd person view it wasn't too bad in the end, especially with those online police chases.

And for @Ozzmcom's sake they need to sort out the upshift sound.
    Last edited by Ryzza5; 17/05/17 at 23:02 PM.

5. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

Oh yeah, the interior view was completely unusable
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

6. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

It's more the level of recreation. Look at games like DRIVECLUB, Forza, Project CARS/2 and Gran Turismo and see how faithfully to form and function the dials and digital readouts are. Providing a sense of being behind the wheel of those vehicles.

And because everyone else is doing it like this (as they should be), it makes the others who don't, look amateurish and not as talented in that department.
    I'm a bit mental.

7. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

Fair enough, I do agree with what you've said but still, if you were just looking at TC without comparing it to anything, and were told to tell the biggest flaws in it, it's not up there in my opinion

8. mau92 is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by superhyper »
    I agree with you on the sound aspect but still don't understand your point of view on the interiors as they were perfectly fine in most cars (excluding the circuit/raid spec cars) + they were largely customizable which is an aspect that's missing in many car games that we rank above TC.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4175/3...091f172d_o.png

Just dug up the first interior shot I could find, this was taken on the Xbox
    I don't have any interior shots because they always came up terrible. The M5, Vantage, Challenger and M4 (First 4 cars that come to my mind) cockpits are pretty bad, like bad textures or not-so-round gauges... Should fire TC up and take some screens to show my point.
    Btw, I've never found the cockpit camera unusable, yeah the wobbling on the steering wheel was a bit awkward but no big deal. Maybe it has to do with me playing with a pad

9. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by superhyper »
    Fair enough, I do agree with what you've said but still, if you were just looking at TC without comparing it to anything, and were told to tell the biggest flaws in it, it's not up there in my opinion
    Therein lies the issue. Not because crap interiors are worse than shoddy handling or glitchy physics but because when they are done right, they are one of those things I like to call 'details you notice without noticing'.
    I'm a bit mental.

10. RobikV3 is offline RB26DETT

The interios do lack a lot of detail, pretty much none of the digital displays work excluding the raid and circuit specs, just look at Agera R cockpit the gauges literally look like they are stickered.

Some of cars have really bad camera position where you can literally see the top of the steering wheel and gauges only, and already mentioned steering wheel and camera wobble.

it wasnt unusable but it really could have been a lot better in my opinion.

TDU Online again - 28.09.2014
    Uplay : RobikV3

11. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

Digital gauges took ages before game devs started actually doing them properly Speaking of which, one thing that even TDU did right imo was integrating the map into the GPS screens of the cars, wouldn't mind seeing more of that in open world racers.

12. RobikV3 is offline RB26DETT

Yeah but its a 2014 game, and as i said circuit and raid specs had them working so why they didn't make them for rest of the cars?

Nfs Shift is 2009 game and reason why i loved it is exactly cockpits, everything worked in them from digital speed read out, through temperature gauge to the mileage driven. It really gave you an immersion.

13. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

I wasn't saying it as an excuse, just wondering that's all.

14. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Was the map of the first game big enough to incorporate air travel, like GTA does with helicopters etc? That might play into the whole heist/wealth/beyond the road story line. Not sure how likely this is though, but I think I'd enjoy a game with GTA style air travel but with proper car physics on the road too.

That MX-5 interior looks decent enough up there, but any improvements won't be unwelcome.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

15. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    With the exception of adding loopdeloops, etc for the Summit monster trucks, odds are that the devs responsible for making maps and assets haven't really had a heap to do for TC1 since it released in late 2014. A 2018 release for TC2 means they get around 4 years, which is less than TC1, but they already have a proven game engine and a whole bunch of assets (i.e. trees, buildings, signs, etc) that could be reused to some extent. So it's not impossible to rule out a completely new location, although I don't think I'd mind if the ol' USA were still accessible (in addition to a new area).

The single biggest problem with interior camera views imo which sadly was never addressed was the built-in fidgeting both of the steering wheel movement and the camera view. When my own head and steering wheel moves in the real world having the game do something else breaks immersion and can even make me feel ill after a while. If they add VR support for TC2 then they would absolutely have to turn that off.

When I gave up trying to make it drive like a sim and just grabbed a gamepad and 3rd person view it wasn't too bad in the end, especially with those online police chases.

And for @Ozzmcom's sake they need to sort out the upshift sound.
    and dont forget the auto-brake

16. Ryzza5 is offline .

I thought they might already have, but I can't remember now...

17. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

I saw last night on social media that The Crew 2 E3 trailer was posted early on their Facebook and someone grabbed it and put it on YouTube, but it was pulled before I noticed it on there. However 'Beyond The Road' is the truth, as there's talk of boats and planes this time! Not to mention that reaction from those who did see it is quite mixed.

The official reveal is only a number of hours away now, so we will all be able to judge it for ourselves.
    I'm a bit mental.

18. hassan1995 is offline ( _)( _)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

Boats and planes

19. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

The Crew 2: Grand Theft Auto Without All The Violence, coming to a store near you soon!

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

20. RobikV3 is offline RB26DETT

If they couldnt make a decent game based around cars only, Im scared to even think about whats gonna come out of this one