1. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

Default Project CARS 2 - First trailer out

...and it's a beauty. I'm in love Even though none of this came as a surprise to me

Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

2. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

That looks beautiful, however... I'm sceptical of the physics. I don't know if their tyre model can compete with Assetto Corsa's. I know it's still a WIP but I've heard the physics are lacking, especially on snow/ice.
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, he’s standing under a waterfall.

3. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

It's all a bit FIFA-y to me to be honest, cars on a track year after year but with a few new cars and improved weather graphics, for a lot of money

Maybe there's much more to be excited about and i'm just being a cynical grump, but I blame the trailer for that.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

4. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Microphone »
    It's all a bit FIFA-y to me to be honest, cars on a track year after year but with a few new cars and improved weather graphics, for a lot of money

Maybe there's much more to be excited about and i'm just being a cynical grump, but I blame the trailer for that.
    No I agree. It's not like the good old days of GT announcing a new game with 3x the cars, or Forza with x tracks, and new this and that. The most original and exciting racing game to come out in a while was probably DriveClub. That's not to say these games are bad, just that they follow a formula and it doesn't give me that fizzle down below (as James May would say) that I got when Forza Horizon was announced, or TDU2, or even FM3 as that was a big leap from FM2.

I think what the genre really needs is more titles to compete with and shake things up a bit. That's why I'm really glad to see NFS trying to change things up a bit from their FIFA-style releases. It's a step in the right direction.
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, he’s standing under a waterfall.

5. TDUFREAK500 is online now Rotary <3

Well this is set to have a lot more tracks and cars than the previous pCARS, the new one is going to have 170+ cars and 60+ tracks, that's a big step up from the 64 cars and 33 tracks that came out of the box with the first game.

Flick
    r

Facebook
    My Website

Most professional photographers spend all our days in a
    seemingly lifelong pursuit for the perfect image. Personally,
    I know I’ll never shoot a “perfect image”
    - Larry Chen

6. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

Exactly. And I feel like this one has way more stuff under the hood than the first one and then there's the additional content on top of that
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

7. Ryzza5 is offline .

All I know is that they're only allowed to show certain things where already-signed contracts/licenses permit them to. Trailer reminded me a bit of that hype we had for Forza 3 when they showed off that alpine track.

I haven't played pC2 (or anything with a wheel) much these past few months so I can't comment personally on the physics.

--- Post Updated ---

2 other new videos that I've not yet seen:

Official Project CARS 2 Announcement Trailer Out - Inside Sim Racing

Other tidbits from the wookie: Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread | Page 19 - GTPlanet

Last edited by Ryzza5; 08/02/17 at 22:51 PM. Reason: bookmarking stuff I want to watch later ;)

8. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

Found one showing off some ice track sliding

9. Ryzza5 is offline .

one feature especially for Diablo that you may not see advertised much.... 3D TREES!

10. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

First time seeing that now and damn that is spectacular looking and fully worthy of being a sequel. I mean holy hell they have went out and added a large chunk of what was missing with the first and then some. Was expecting weather for sure but not like that and being that it is a feature for all locations and not just presets is even more remarkable. It's looking glorious in the looks which is probably the aspect that is not surprising seeing as how much they pushed out of capable hardware with pCARS1.

This game providing it handles well and not just realistically but also good for the main demopgraphics of racing game player will become a force to be reckoned with. It shames GT Sport and it's been in development a shorter time I think? Good going the Slightly Mad Squad and community who have been involved with this one.

Was good to see Ian Bell saying that the aim is Septemberish but that they'll be QA'ing this one extremely heavily, uttering the words 'it will be done when it's done'.
    I'm a bit mental.

11. Ryzza5 is offline .

Well when it comes to the release date I think the trailer covers all bases pretty well.... it'll either be sometime in 2017... or it will be 'late'

12. Ryzza5 is offline .

I haven't watched this yet, but if you jump to around the 30 minute mark in this nVidia press conference there's some pCARS2 footage which apparently shows a decent AI battle

Watch NVIDIAs Computex 2017 Keynote Livestream Here

Probably some interesting nVidia news in there too

13. Ryzza5 is offline .

Here's a new trailer ahead of E3

14. Ryzza5 is offline .

15. PAraliTYK is offline Just a Skidmark

I love this game, still playing PC1

16. Ryzza5 is offline .