1. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

I doubt Alonso will make the jump to indycar, I think he's just trying to win the triple crown (monaco gp, indy 500 and le mans). I wouldn't be surprised if he skipped the baku gp in favor of le mans this year
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

2. hassan1995 is offline ( _)( _)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

I think every driver would jump to le mans to avoid Baku

3. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

I'd quite like to go to the Baku GP though, it looks like it would be an interesting experience. Similar to Monaco, it might be boring on the TV but in person it is much more enjoyable than Silverstone and some of the other big tracks.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

4. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

Of course there's the street race atmosphere but why not go to Monaco/Singapore then, Baku circuit is literally the biggest pile of garbage Hermann Tilke has ever produced and that's saying something
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

5. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Fernando Alonso Tests At Indianapolis Motor Speedway - YouTube

Live Stream for Alonso's first tests in the indy car, he's been driving for a few hours now, 50+ laps I think, it's all gone smoothly.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

6. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

So as we're 5 races into the championship, where do y'all predict this one is going?

It has been quite competitive at the front, but it's clear Vettel and Hamilton will most likely be the two frontrunners, not sure who will win, I predict Hamilton will get it but I think i'd prefer Vettel as it'd be a nice change and it would make Ferrari happier within the sport, the sport needs Ferrari to be happy. It also looks as if Bottas and Raikkonen will end up taking some important points throughout the season, even potentially being on the top of the podium, so hopefully it won't become a predictable championship race.

How did people rate the Spanish GP?

7. TimBud is offline brmm

I really hope Raikkonen is able to push more... I love his style and if Ferrari stop favouring Vettel at all costs, he could do some amazing things. Raikkonen can beat Hamilton, but Vettel can only do that when he has a better car.

8. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

Yeah Kimi is definitely being bashed way too much these days. It's true that he needs the car 100% to his liking to do well but whenever that happens, he's bloody fast. He almost got the pole in Sochi (which he would have deserved imho) even though he's never been magical in quali. Sadly I'm afraid that Bottas can't keep up with Hamilton and Ferrari can't keep up with Mercedes throughout the season, making this an easy one for Hamilton. Won't mind being wrong though

9. TimBud is offline brmm

I don't think that Bottas can match Hamilton either, but I don't mind that...
    Its strange reading all the Hamilton "hate" that goes on here, he is the best driver and most consistent driver at the moment.
    Hopefully ferrari will become stronger but they try too hard and then whine like babies when it doesn't. I know they're massively important for the sport but at the same time their also massively detrimental.

10. hassan1995 is offline ( _)( _)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

Hamilton isn't the best driver on the grid sorry but that isn't true, with kimi I think he simply doesn't have that championship winning spark anymore, he's quick but I doubt he could challenge hamilton for the title.

11. TimBud is offline brmm

So who is then?
    Alonso is close
    So is Verstappen, but he's too young and is makes scrappy mistakes.

Methinks its more that you just don't like Hamilton
    Last edited by TimBud; 21/05/17 at 08:55 AM.

12. hassan1995 is offline ( _)( _)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

Methinks you only like Hamilton, Alonso isn't close, he is the best driver on the grid. Max has immense talent but is making rookie mistakes, give him time and he'll become a better driver than Hamilton. I'm not saying Hamilton is the worst he's just not the best. He's close...

13. TimBud is offline brmm

Oh I guess you didn't read my post about Raikonnen then.
    Alonso does have potential but he hasn't done anything for years and now can't because Honda can't make a competitive engine

14. hassan1995 is offline ( _)( _)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

Alonso has constantly shown what's he's capable of, you can't downplay him like that, he hasn't had a competitive car in years.

15. Rassva is offline Lannister

Ham doesn't deserve any championship, he's just a smug guy with a chain around his neck. He only got lucky so far, a better car doesn't mean a better driver, and a car as good as the Mercedes certainly makes any mediocre driver seem good. What is even criengier is Ham thinking he's some kind of Senna.

16. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

At the end of the day it's extremely hard to compare the drivers and know who is better than who as there are way too many variables: powertrains, tyres, strategy etc.

You can criticise Hamilton all you want but you won't be able to convince many people that you're simply criticising him for his driving skills and that he isn't as good as the others, just admit you dislike his personality and behaviour off the track so therefore your view on his driving skills is rather biased.

I agree with you Rassva that Hammy is a 100% smug, cringe, celebrity-hungry driver but to then put all his pole positions and race wins down to pure luck? That's just very 'salty', to use the term you all love so much.

I used to be a big fan of his but his off the track behaviour has made me start to dislike him, but I still think he's a very talented driver. Is he the best? I doubt it, but I don't think anyone can really know who the best is without just nominating the person they personally would love to be the best. You've got Alonso going after the triple crown, but does that then make him more talented than Hammy/Vettel etc? Only if the others try and fail to get the crown

17. TimBud is offline brmm

Quote Originally Posted by hassan1995 »
    Alonso has constantly shown what's he's capable of, you can't downplay him like that, he hasn't had a competitive car in years.
    Thats just what I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBud »
    ... and now can't because Honda can't make a competitive engine

18. hassan1995 is offline ( _)( _)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

Quote Originally Posted by TimBud »
    Oh I guess you didn't read my post about Raikonnen then.
    Alonso does have potential but he hasn't done anything for years and now can't because Honda can't make a competitive engine

You forget this.

19. TimBud is offline brmm

Whats your point hass? I've already said he does have potential. How is that downplaying him??
    I would have to say he has NO potential to downplay him.

Anyway it seems to me that you just want to argue with me (I have no idea why- maybe because I like Hamilton as a driver and you struggle to accept that opinion), so I'm going to back off and wait till someone else gets this thread going again with a more open view