Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last

1. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

I love it when there are rule changes in F1, the crazy loopholes and ideas people come up with:

F1Writers™ on Twitter:

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

2. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

I seem to be speaking to myself but on the odd chance anyone else actually reads this thread:

F1 2017: ¿Podrlaa McLaren romper con Honda y usar otro motor? - AS.com

Story in the Spanish press speculating that McLaren could consider dropping Honda ASAP, possibly before the start of the season.

They've had the worst week out of anyone testing their cars by far, Today has been marginally better but they're still around 2-3 seconds off the pace of the front runners. Alonso is not happy.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

3. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

I wonder how hopeful Alonso still is about the whole Mclaren Honda partnership
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

4. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

After that story from the Spanish press started doing the rounds online McLaren and Honda quickly organised a press meeting this afternoon to try and speak about how confident they are in each other. It's was all a bit lol.

5. Ryzza5 is offline .

How confident are they in each other?

6. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    How confident are they in each other?
    Very. Best of friends supposedly.

There is a saying in Premier League football, if a football club comes out and says they have full confidence in the team's manager and support them fully, it usually means that the manager will be sacked within a month. I'm hoping a similar rule applies to Honda here.

The only issue is that these cars are designed so closely around an engine that i'm not sure how feasible it is to put another power unit in it.

7. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

It is the final week of testing before Melbourne, there are two things worth noting from today:

1. Things are really not looking great at McLaren, Vandoorne was 25km/h off the front runners through the speed trap
    2. Red Bull have debuted a new front wing design:

8. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Has McLaren Broken Down?

Much needed site nowadays, the McLaren has broken down twice this morning on track, with Alonso behind the wheel Today is the last day of testing before Melbourne, absolute shambles.

If fixes aren't found before Melbourne, heads surely have to roll?

9. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Yikes.... and yikes:

Nico Hülkenberg on Twitter:

10. TimBud is offline brmm

Why were the aussies booing hamilton on the podium?
    ...Did he take a turd on someones bbq?

11. Ryzza5 is offline .

I think they were booing at whatever governmental minister was presenting the trophy - they tend to do that all the time in V8 Supercars

12. TimBud is offline brmm

Ah right, that makes sense.

It was certainly nice to see a change a different winner this time (even if I don't like him). It certainly makes for an exciting season (potentially) although the concerns about the lack overtaking and been proven correct again.

13. Ryzza5 is offline .

There's an F1 survey going around

Global Fan Survey 2017

Our promise to you is threefold:
    * We will take your feedback and have them independently analysed by one of the world’s leading sports research companies, Nielsen Sport.
    * We will prepare a summary of the key findings and make them available to you the fans, first and free of charge through our global media outlets.
    * We will present the full results of your feedback to Formula 1’s key stakeholders – the teams, drivers, host circuits, the sport’s governing body (the FIA) and F1’s new commercial rights holder Liberty Media.
    I've basically let them know how boring it is

14. TimBud is offline brmm

Pretty much did the same.

China was a bit better, but was overall still pretty dull... even the highlights I watched didn't live up to the name.
    That said if things continue like they are the season will get pretty exciting. Potentially even a 3 0r 4 way title battle could be on the cards.

15. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Alonso has told McLaren he won't be available for the Monaco GP in May as he'll be racing in the Indy 500. That's hilarious, it says a lot about the situation at McLaren, good on you Nando.

16. TimBud is offline brmm

Excellent.
    Funny that he's accepted backing from a Honda engined team when's its almost entirely their fault that McLaren are in the hole they now.

17. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

I was just reading that we might end up seeing an Indy driver in Alonso's seat for the Monaco GP, that would be quite interesting to see and would generate interest from both sides of the pond.

I think there's a test day in Bahrain sometime next week, so we might be seeing whoever they intend to replace Alonso with for the race sat in a McLaren during that test.

18. TimBud is offline brmm

Button's also gossiped... which would be almost a 'fun' as Massa's return.

I can't see n Indy driver being up to speed in time though...

19. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Quote Originally Posted by TimBud »
    Button's also gossiped... which would be almost a 'fun' as Massa's return.

I can't see n Indy driver being up to speed in time though...
    Yeah Button is technically McLaren's reserve driver so he's the most likely to get the seat, considering he resides in Monte Carlo it's not the biggest inconvenience for him to take part is it? How much would he want to do it though? Yes, it's like a home GP for him but when you take into account how unlikely it is for him to actually finish the race due to the piece of junk he'll be driving, I can't imagine he is very eager to jump behind the wheel.

Alonso is very unhappy at McLaren Honda at the moment, a lot of people are questioning whether this Indy 500 jump is a sign he'll be leaving the sport before the end of the year, and I'm not sure i'd rule it out.

20. TimBud is offline brmm

I don't think Alonso will jump to IndyCar... All his fans are F1 based and he still has real motivation to win. He's just had crappy cars recently (remember Ferrari were pretty dire when he was with them too).

Besides Indycar (or any american racing for that matter) is career suicide for F1 drivers

Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last