1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Cool Now you can invite (summon?) members to a discussion and know when someone has quoted you

We are always looking for ways to get you guys to be able to interact with one another in a more seamless fashion and we think this is one way that will definitely help with that. This new plugin we have installed allows you to mention other members by using @MEMBERNAME (have to know their name) or using the newly created [MENTION]MEMBERNAME[/MENTION] bbcode or @OP: (needs the ':' to mention the original topic creator (OP = original post[er]). This notifies the member's you've mentioned that you have done so and shows them a brief excerpt of the text that surrounds it on their Profile.

Also note that the mention will only show when the post is submitted, not at preview.

Example: Yo @bob you smell of eggs! Works with spaces and most other characters too: @Mr Softie @#Myk2016 If it doesn't work for a member you are trying to mention then find their userid and use the [MENTION=userid]MEMBERNAME[/MENTION] bbcode instead.

Do this by finding the userid of the member you want to mention by hovering over their name on a post or elsewhere on the forum and look for the NUMBER after [...]/members/NUMBER-MEMBERNAME. (I am [...]/members/1-diablo so my number would be 1)

Example: Yo @bob you smell of fried cactus! ([MENTION=201]bob[/MENTION])

And you know how you will be taking part in a discussion and then come back and scroll down to see what was said and perhaps miss someone who quoted you? Well now you will also find a little notification alerting you to this too, again with a small blurb of the response to your quoted text.

There is a small niggle however, where in order to get rid of the displayed notification, you need to click the link for it. You cannot jump from the Mentions tab to the Quotes tab or vice versa on your Profile and find both have been updated to reflect you have seen them. They need to be actioned via the dropdown itself.

Hopefully you will find this at least 1% useful.

Cheers!!

-- turboduck team
    I'm a bit mental.

2. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

That is really something i thought it would be cool to have and now we do! Nice, and thanks!

3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Milli »
    That is really something i thought it would be cool to have and now we do! Nice, and thanks!
    Thanks Milli.
    I'm a bit mental.

4. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Yo @Diablo, this is a great update.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

5. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

@Diablo:

I agree with the above, this is a nice update
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

6. Djey is offline Car Aficianado

Thanks @Diablo @OP:
    Give life back to TDU: #TDUForever
    Projects: TDUF | TDUMT | Community Patch 2.00A
    Buy me a beer (donate)

7. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

I was thinking about this a few days ago actually. Great to have this, thanks, Diablo!

8. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

Just noticed the signatures of @#Myk2016 and @superhyper.

9. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

@Milli You weren't supposed to let @#Myk2016 know
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

10. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

I hadn't even noticed that

There's me thinking people would try and disprove the friendly part of my signature, not the super part

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

11. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

Oh... I'm terrible sorry.

Still funny though. Hahaha Well played @superhyper

12. Ryzza5 is offline .

Quote Originally Posted by #Myk2016 »
    Yo @Diablo, this is a great update.

I concur, @#Myk2016

13. Ryzza5 is offline .

Time to really test out this summon feature...
    @Baldy @Camel how you guys going?

14. Ryzza5 is offline .

^ Uhh @Diablo I think the summon feature is broken