Results 41 to 60 of 95

  1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!
     
    Location: Scotland, UK
    Posts: 20,376

    #41

    Default

    Yeah it's for future TEST DRIVE titles, the previous releases and the TDU games are still Atari's. I don't think there's nothing stopping Bigben from putting in O'ahu or Ibiza either unless Atari have stipulated that or something? It will have to be from scratch though if they do.
    I'm a bit mental.


  2. Stories is offline Sportscar Racer
    Location: France, Le Mans
    Posts: 289

    #42

    Default

    welldone, it seems to be a new game, nothing same than the original Eden game/Atari then, only the name was bought in these conditions if we interpret it well

    so if someone buy the old Eden/Atari concept/license, it will can't be named "Test Drive Unlimited" then, it seems a strange business
    [IMG][/IMG]

  3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!
     
    Location: Scotland, UK
    Posts: 20,376

    #43

    Default

    Exactly. I believe they could call their new game Test Drive Unlimited 3 but not make it out to be a reboot like NFS did by using the Most Wanted title again for example.
    I'm a bit mental.

  4. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness
     
    Location: Finland
    Posts: 5,076

    #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loekie5500 »
    Me as someone who has spend five years actually really enjoying TDU2 can't ever get disappointed by this I guess...?

    Speaking of which, Forza Horizon starts to show its downsides to me. It lacks something. Something that even TDU2 had.
    I've been daydreaming about what Forza would look like with some TDU2 features. TDU2 was a terrible racing game but it was complete. You buy your car from a dealer after being able to fully check it out, test drive it, and store it in an actual house. Then, walk around in your house to hang the pictures you've made of your V12 Q7 upon the biggest mountain peak in the game, on your wall in your house. After that you put a location in the GPS that actually pops up in the interior infotainment screen, so you can visit the car wash to clean the car, etc. What I probably miss most is standard car features like GPS screens, indicators or working robo-roofs.
    Why is this all relevant? Because it made the cars feel like you own them. They're al yours because you chose them, test drove them, specced them in exactly the way you wanted them.

    Not that I will be liked by using TDU2 as an example to improve Forza, but we got to appreciate the few good things that it had, as an addition to the current best OWRG, in my opinion.
    After all, if the most terrible racing game could get it, why can't the best one get it, too?
    I'm 100% with you. While we have got many fun open-world racers after TDU(&2), none of them had the same feeling of actually living that life and buying + owning those cars.
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

  5. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!
     
    Location: Scotland, UK
    Posts: 20,376

    #45

    Default

    That is the thing though between all of those that have come: they all do things better and worse than one another and none have been able to gel it all together.

    -- TDU had the experiencing the rich life done well
    -- Midnight Club LA had impressive customisation (I want to change the profile and brand of my tyres again damnit!)
    -- NFS has the cool police chases
    -- TDU 2 added weather and functioning roofs
    -- Forza Horizon brought on some stunning visuals, decent handling and nice sounds

    Now if only we could get the sum of all of those parts into one game eh?
    I'm a bit mental.

  6. mau92 is offline Car Aficianado
    Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts: 2,203

    #46

    Default

    I think that no game could catch up with TDU it's because, the latter in its time, offered something the others didn't, or offered in a way we haven't experienced before.
    - Did we have open world games? Yes, every single NFS since UG2 was. Were they based situated in real locations? Not that I can remember (At least until FH came)
    - Did we have street racing? Yes, pretty much every NFS since NFS1
    - Did we have a big selection of luxury cars ? Yes, Gran Turismo and Forza
    - Did all the cars had cockpits modelled? Not in Gran Turismo, afaik
    - Could we change clothes, do missions, transport misterious packages, super models or exclusive cars? Nope, maybe in GTA.

    And I could go on with many more, but as Lookie said, TDU actually let you feel like the car was yours and live like a rich guy who doesn't have to worry about money. You could go to the dealer, spec your car, choose rims, choose colors and drive off, straight to your house. And oh, the GPS in the infotainment system, I'm bored of reading "///M" or "AMG" or "Jaguar" or whatever it is, why can't we have this today? Okay, TDU didn't have digital tacho/speedo...

    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Exactly. I believe they could call their new game Test Drive Unlimited 3 but not make it out to be a reboot like NFS did by using the Most Wanted title again for example.
    Well, they can call it... Test Drive "Unchained" or anything that suggests it's an open world racer :P

  7. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!
     
    Location: Scotland, UK
    Posts: 20,376

    #47

    Default

    Two of the things I really liked about TDU was how the rear view in the cars was the rear view. It still makes me laugh thinking how looking behind you in the Maserati MC12 shows you nothing but a carbon fibre backing. And second was the way you could look around the interior of the cars even so much as being able to look up the sky or glance through the sunroof of many vehicles. One of a handful of games where if you hear a plane above, you can actually look up at it.

    I bet a number of you when doing laps round the race track tilted your view to see the plane taking off at the airport at some point.

    I enjoy little details like that.
    I'm a bit mental.

  8. Loek is offline Driving in style
    Location: The Netherlands
    Posts: 578

    #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by #Myk2016 »
    I interpret that as them still being allowed to release a Test Drive Unlimited 3 though, but yeah, no rights to Oahu or Ibiza. (Oh noooo, no Ibiza...... said no one).
    Well, if you get rid of Ibiza, I can't take my pills anymore....

    maybe this is the moment in which we finally get a OWRG settled in Dubai? I'm all for it.


    FH3 on Xbox. Xbox username is PoIestar, with a capital "i" as "L". Wanna add me, you're welcome to do so.

  9. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness
     
    Location: Finland
    Posts: 5,076

    #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Two of the things I really liked about TDU was how the rear view in the cars was the rear view. It still makes me laugh thinking how looking behind you in the Maserati MC12 shows you nothing but a carbon fibre backing. And second was the way you could look around the interior of the cars even so much as being able to look up the sky or glance through the sunroof of many vehicles. One of a handful of games where if you hear a plane above, you can actually look up at it.

    I bet a number of you when doing laps round the race track tilted your view to see the plane taking off at the airport at some point.

    I enjoy little details like that.
    Now I REALLY want to play some TDU
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

  10. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame
     
    Location: X
    Posts: 4,696

    #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Two of the things I really liked about TDU was how the rear view in the cars was the rear view. It still makes me laugh thinking how looking behind you in the Maserati MC12 shows you nothing but a carbon fibre backing. And second was the way you could look around the interior of the cars even so much as being able to look up the sky or glance through the sunroof of many vehicles. One of a handful of games where if you hear a plane above, you can actually look up at it.

    I bet a number of you when doing laps round the race track tilted your view to see the plane taking off at the airport at some point.

    I enjoy little details like that.
    your order of feels has arrived, please sign here.


    Last edited by Ozzmcom; 16/12/16 at 15:44 PM.

  11. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian
     
    Location: :noitacoL
    Posts: 9,007

    #51

    Default

    I should dump some TDU pics.

  12. Paladin Skylark is offline Stark
     
    Location: Ontario, Canada
    Posts: 3,764

    #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas¹ »
    *waits*
    *waits with Andai*

    PSN: Sky_Gam // XBLA: SkylarkGaming // Steam: Paladin Skylark





  13. RobikV3 is offline RB26DETT
    Location: Poland
    Posts: 2,492

    #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loekie5500 »
    Me as someone who has spend five years actually really enjoying TDU2 can't ever get disappointed by this I guess...?

    Speaking of which, Forza Horizon starts to show its downsides to me. It lacks something. Something that even TDU2 had.
    I've been daydreaming about what Forza would look like with some TDU2 features. TDU2 was a terrible racing game but it was complete. You buy your car from a dealer after being able to fully check it out, test drive it, and store it in an actual house. Then, walk around in your house to hang the pictures you've made of your V12 Q7 upon the biggest mountain peak in the game, on your wall in your house. After that you put a location in the GPS that actually pops up in the interior infotainment screen, so you can visit the car wash to clean the car, etc. What I probably miss most is standard car features like GPS screens, indicators or working robo-roofs.
    Why is this all relevant? Because it made the cars feel like you own them. They're al yours because you chose them, test drove them, specced them in exactly the way you wanted them.

    Not that I will be liked by using TDU2 as an example to improve Forza, but we got to appreciate the few good things that it had, as an addition to the current best OWRG, in my opinion.
    After all, if the most terrible racing game could get it, why can't the best one get it, too?
    You've literally hit the nail on the head there

    It really annoys me in Forza for example, You have all that forzavista crap, and then You still cant drive the Agera or Zonda without the roof, even though its already there modeled in Vista, and what Diablo said about rearwiev, if Im driving R8 V10 I wan't to see that damn V10 everytime I look behind Me.

    But of course evertime they announce new car game its " We want to turn car entusiasts into gamers, and gamers into car entusiasts"
    and then they'll give us half done game like The Crew, with bad handling, and lazily detailed car models, like seriously look at some of the cockpits in that game, some cars gauge clusters literally look like a low res sticker.

    I mean come on theres pretty much no racing games these days, If they can really take their time, detail everything, perfect the handling, then Im pretty sure they'll make Us happy and probably their pockets as well, so its a win-win situation but I guess thats too much...
    Last edited by RobikV3; 16/12/16 at 17:47 PM.

    TDU Online again - 28.09.2014
    Uplay : RobikV3

  14. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame
     
    Location: X
    Posts: 4,696

    #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobikV3 »
    You've literally hit the nail on the head there

    It really annoys me in Forza for example, You have all that forzavista crap, and then You still cant drive the Agera or Zonda without the roof, even though its already there modeled in Vista, and what Diablo said about rearwiev, if Im driving R8 V10 I wan't to see that damn V10 everytime I look behind Me.

    But of course evertime they announce new car game its " We want to turn car entusiasts into gamers, and gamers into car entusiasts"
    and then they'll give us half done game like The Crew, with bad handling, and lazily detailed car models, like seriously look at some of the cockpits in that game, some cars gauge clusters literally look like a low res sticker.

    I mean come on theres pretty much no racing games these days, If they can really take their time, detail everything, perfect the handling, then Im pretty sure they'll make Us happy and probably their pockets as well, so its a win-win situation but I guess thats too much...
    well this is why I've said many years ago TDU will always be one of a kind. It was a shot in the dark by a small studio, they didn't think about appealing to casual market and created a masterpiece by mistake. When you have thousands of shareholders and a board of directors constantly harassing the studio you can't have games like TDU.

  15. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!
     
    Location: Scotland, UK
    Posts: 20,376

    #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobikV3 »
    ...look at some of the cockpits in that game, some cars gauge clusters literally look like a low res sticker.
    Low grade interiors are one thing I really hate (yes this is how strongly I feel about it along with crappy sounds) now seeing in modern games. When Forza, DRIVECLUB, Gran Turismo, Project CARS and others reproduce them properly it feels kind of cheap when others don't.
    I'm a bit mental.

  16. mau92 is offline Car Aficianado
    Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts: 2,203

    #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobikV3 »
    You've literally hit the nail on the head there

    and then they'll give us half done game like The Crew, with bad handling, and lazily detailed car models, like seriously look at some of the cockpits in that game, some cars gauge clusters literally look like a low res sticker.
    You forgot the crappy sounds... And I agree with you, some cars have such a crappy interior, the gauges don't have the same font as the real ones... For example the BMW M5 or M4, man those are awful cockpits...
    Last edited by Diablo; 17/12/16 at 01:03 AM. Reason: fix quote closing tag

  17. Ryzza5 is offline .
      
    Location: .
    Posts: 16,051

    #57

    Default

    Another good thing about TDU was that if you saw a mountain you could proceed to drive up it without spending $30 in DLC


  18. Djey is offline Car Aficianado
      
    Location: Near a place called 'Pont des Arts'
    Posts: 2,266

    #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    Another good thing about TDU was that if you saw a mountain you could proceed to drive up it without spending $30 in DLC

    https://monosnap.com/file/skm5muLRyG...NiS2MlLJW4.png
    teleporters are costly technologies, that's why
    Give life back to TDU: #TDUForever
    Projects: TDUF | TDUMT | Community Patch 2.00A
    Buy me a beer (donate)

  19. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer
    Location: C218 323
    Posts: 3,656

    #59

    Default

    And the photomode wasn't too horrible when you'd zoom in, showing massive LOD degrading of the landscape.

  20. hassan1995 is online now ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)
      
    Location: Somewhere
    Posts: 2,726

    #60

    Default

    Just remaster TDU, simple



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

about us

  • turboduck is a community that is dedicated to driving and racing games of all types on all platforms. Whether it's ticking off the miles/kilometres while exploring an open world, crashing and exploding everything in an insane balls-to-the-wall arcade racer, or nailing down every apex and trimming off every tenth possible in authentic sim-racing. It's all up for discussion as we enjoy the virtual cars, bikes, and everything else that these games offer. So join us, jump into the discussions, and don't think too much about why a 'duck' is our mascot. ;)
turboduck twitter turboduck facebook turboduck youtube turboduck twitter turboduck rss