Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

1. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

Yess

2. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

As much as I am happy to see that TDU will come back and have hope that Bigben will do something worthy with it that will bring the series back to people's minds, I also worry that their catalogue isn't exactly strong. From checking out some videos I thought WRC 6 didn't look anything obviously bad but seeing what some have said above about it makes me wonder if Kylotonn can handle a project like this.

They must know what people are expecting from another TDU so unless they completely disregard that and ignore what The Crew and Forza Horizon have been doing then there really isn't reason for them to do worse than TDU 2... is there? In a way I suppose that is unfair to that game as they did so much right, but if the core aspect of the game isn't much fun then none of it will really matter.

Will be keeping a watch on this and I really do hope they end up with something enjoyable and truly in the spirit of its predecessors.
    I'm a bit mental.

3. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

Yeah, my biggest worry is Bigben as well, but the best news is that the IP has now moved on from Atari's hands and we're actually getting new TD games

I'm happy that the first thing they did is a new TDU, it has PLENTY of potential with the new consoles so I'm carefully excited. I mean, even TDU2 was fun for a while?
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

4. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

I really hope something good will come out of this but I won't be boarding the hype train just yet.

5. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Public Service Announcement: Can we all try and remember that Big Ben is the name of the bell inside of the tower, not the name of the tower itself

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

6. Penfold is offline Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    Let's hope they don't give this to the team that made their last few WRC games. I think I read WRC6 (2016) reviewed so poorly it was secretly pulled from the PS4 online store for a time.
    Yaaaaay, new Test Drive... oh nevermind.
    Last edited by Penfold; 15/12/16 at 00:29 AM. Reason: I've forgotten how to forum

7. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Good job Myk. Making sure the real important stuff is known, is essential.

Holy crap it's Penfold! You living the TDU life for real yet squire?
    I'm a bit mental.

8. Penfold is offline Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Holy crap it's Penfold! You living the TDU life for real yet squire?
    Not quite, see enough cars though .

9. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Good to see you again, always nice to see the old faces... well names sneaking in and saying hello. Been brilliant catching your pics on Top Gear and hunting out the copyright text on your Flickr additions at times also.

Where you currently scoping out these days and do you still have old faithful orange?
    I'm a bit mental.

10. mau92 is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold »
    Yaaaaay, new Test Drive... oh nevermind.
    Look who's back!

11. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Hope for the best, expect the mediocre.
    I used to be such a cheery chap when It came to games.

If they can get the balance of a good sized map, nice choice of cars and handling that's somewhat okay then it'll be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calster17
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

12. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

And that raises a question for me: for a studio that usually only makes WRC games once every while when it's about cars... how can they get more funding for licensing of cars than Atari? It was disappointing already to have 103 cars of which 20+ were divided over club-exclusives, pre-orders and DLC in TDU2... how will they ever get that sorted out?

13. Automotive Gaming is offline -

Quote Originally Posted by CLR-GTR »
    And that raises a question for me: for a studio that usually only makes WRC games once every while when it's about cars... how can they get more funding for licensing of cars than Atari? It was disappointing already to have 103 cars of which 20+ were divided over club-exclusives, pre-orders and DLC in TDU2... how will they ever get that sorted out?
    Big Ben/Kylotonn WRC titles even had a smaller car selection compared to Milestone latest WRC titles.

14. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

Could it be that they're co-operating with another company with more funds?
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

15. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

There always looking for investors and with the TDU name it could bring some in or it could make it worthwhile to some other team to split the cost on a new TDU. It's going to be interesting seeing how this project takes shape that's for certain.
    I'm a bit mental.

16. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

*waits*

17. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas¹ »
    *waits*
    R.I.P.

18. Loek is offline Alleged estate fetishist

Me as someone who has spend five years actually really enjoying TDU2 can't ever get disappointed by this I guess...?

Speaking of which, Forza Horizon starts to show its downsides to me. It lacks something. Something that even TDU2 had.
    I've been daydreaming about what Forza would look like with some TDU2 features. TDU2 was a terrible racing game but it was complete. You buy your car from a dealer after being able to fully check it out, test drive it, and store it in an actual house. Then, walk around in your house to hang the pictures you've made of your V12 Q7 upon the biggest mountain peak in the game, on your wall in your house. After that you put a location in the GPS that actually pops up in the interior infotainment screen, so you can visit the car wash to clean the car, etc. What I probably miss most is standard car features like GPS screens, indicators or working robo-roofs.
    Why is this all relevant? Because it made the cars feel like you own them. They're al yours because you chose them, test drove them, specced them in exactly the way you wanted them.

Not that I will be liked by using TDU2 as an example to improve Forza, but we got to appreciate the few good things that it had, as an addition to the current best OWRG, in my opinion.
    After all, if the most terrible racing game could get it, why can't the best one get it, too?

FH3 on Xbox. Xbox username is PoIestar, with a capital "i" as "L". Wanna add me, you're welcome to do so.

19. Stories is offline Sportscar Racer

in this french article we can see,

"Petite nuance cependant, ce contrat ne concerne que les jeux à venir, Atari conservant les droits des opus sortis jusqu'à présent."
    "
    Small contract though, this contract concerns only games to come, Atari retaining the rights of the opus released so far."

http://m.jeuxactu.com/bigben-interactive-rachete-la-licence-test-drive-a-atari-107207.htm

it seems to say that TDU will become a new game by BigBen, and there will probably not the rights to continue the TDUseries like they was before (no Ibiza and no Hawai maps probably) if I understood
    [IMG][/IMG]

20. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

I interpret that as them still being allowed to release a Test Drive Unlimited 3 though, but yeah, no rights to Oahu or Ibiza. (Oh noooo, no Ibiza...... said no one).

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last