Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

1. sti228 is offline Sim Racer

iPhone 6 Plus

2. TDUZoqqer is offline Car Aficianado

Mercedes-AMG Project ONE 3D Modeling process.

There are almost no good pictures of it, as it was freshly presented and was seen only on the IAA in Germany (and in Japan now). That's why reference pictures are almost not existant. I literally found 25 different pictures all over google and flickr.

So, I already started modeling it, with more or less (less) good reference pictures as blueprints. Turned out I totally missed the proportions so I had to use a different way for a second attempt. I tried camera calibration and photogrammetry and set about 150 points by hand and adjusted them in 14 different pictures in different angles to create a point cloud for a spline cage, which needed to be rounded manually aswell. This spline cage is basically a blueprint in 3D-space. Quite useful, but took me forever.

That's the result of two days 12 hours - and I don't even set a single polygon yet

3. big 206 fan is offline just cruising

believe me or not,but when I saw this car,my first impression was:so TduZoqqer....

my photo gallery:
    http://forum.turboduck.net/threads/33556-big-206-fan-photo-gallery

4. TDUZoqqer is offline Car Aficianado

Heh, I take this as a compliment

5. TDUZoqqer is offline Car Aficianado

past 5 more days (of which I only modeled for 3 days lol) - base is (almost) finished. Just need to model the base mirrors and a detail on the front, and I can finally go into detailing

as you can see, current polycount is circa 4000 polygons, which is about the amount an average wheel have in Forza

But modeling a car which is almost not existant in picture form to 95% accuracity is something I am quite proud of. And I usually am never proud of myself.

6. big 206 fan is offline just cruising

manufacturers have big plans this days,look at this beast

what do you think Zoqqer???

my photo gallery:
    http://forum.turboduck.net/threads/33556-big-206-fan-photo-gallery

7. TDUZoqqer is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by big 206 fan »
    what do you think Zoqqer???
    I ain't a huge fan of studies, I'm more about production going vehicles (the Project-ONE is the 95% production version at this point, so don't come with that in the first place )

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234