Thread: CLR's FH3 album

1. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

Loving 90's supercars, this was a no-brainer. Haven't looked through user-created vinyls but I'm surprised they went for the SV without the massive side lettering... I'd expect that's sort of what everybody knows the car by, not in the last place through NFS3 and 4.

Also bought a GTA Spano or whatever it's name may be these days.

And I bought a first-gen Viper ACR. I was sort of doubting what to do with the colors on it: black with red stripes, blue with white stripes and an attempt to mimic the first gen GTS with chrome five-spokes... but I settled with this. And incase you've been wondering: yes I do have a thing for yellow

2. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

I think you have way too much money, bro.

3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Those Diablo SV shots. And I like that they have put the pop-up lights original version in, that's the true Diablo look after all.

Have to say though, despite having an obvious bias to the Lambo, every shot is a quality one and the Viper set would easily be the best... had the Devil not been there.
    I'm a bit mental.

4. mau92 is online now Car Aficianado

You make look those silly-looking "FH3"-branded spoilers look good on the Viper. Great work!
    (I think that FH3-branded bodykits look horrible)

5. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

@Tom: half of the cars I own now are either barnfinds or won through wheelspins, including some Lambo's and 2 generations of BMW M5. Other than that: save money by tuning with the free-tuning perk, do a lot of head to heads which are quite easy, keep doing races.

@Diablo: I'm also glad they put the pop-up headlight version in. It's just that classical look for that car, it's also how I know it best: one of my first scale models was a 1/18 Bburago yellow Diablo with rear wing.

Thanks again for the compliments, and I saw the duck shared it too on Facepalmbook! Awesome!

@mau: gotta agree with you, on most of the cars, the rear wing sort of looks out of place and they would look better if it looked more like the actual race cars. And the Forza branded stuff is too much of the same, they could have done more stuff for most of the cars. Then again, I'd rather opt for extra OEM wheels or interior colors instead of be able to choose from bodykits, but that's just me.

6. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Fair enough.

I'd still probably drive only a dew cars all the time. Back in the good old TDU days when I had 20+ cars I would just use two or three. Stage 3 CLK 55 was my favorite of them all and had the most miles.

Definitely agree with you about the oem options. Don't all new cars have only the Forza racing spoilers (except the rocket bunny stuff)? Old Forza 2/3 JDM vehicles have got many aftermarket bumpers to choose from.

7. mau92 is online now Car Aficianado

JDM cars have much more parts to choose from, ugly stuff is for Euro/US cars only

8. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

Ye, and it's already rare to find those massive dragracer style bonnets for the muscle cars, or even more, the single long fin behind the driver seat of the 1st-gen Corvette.

9. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

That sux.

10. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

*ahem* (tduck actually sits on that car all the time, I didn't put him there)

I'm a bit mental.

11. Ryzza5 is offline .

Did they get lazy with the paint or was that a popular suitcase colour back then?

12. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

They went lazy with the paint, by the standards of good miniatures. But it's Bburago, they're not high-end.

Then again, I do have a spyker suitcase in a very light beige/ivory color... maybe Bburago was the trendsetter

13. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

Few more shots. Yes, yellow.... again. I like Aston's styling, even though almost every Aston looked the same. Nice way to make one look special was the sporty yet clean looking V8 Vantage N24. I wanted one, so I tried to make a similar looking car. Eventually I settled with a lighter yellow car (see first two pics for true color), but on my later pics it looks very strong yellow.

14. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

The luminous strong colour really suits the car, makes it pop more!
    I'm a bit mental.

15. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

Standing out it sure does lol.

Few more shots, including a series of pics which I made for TBC #80 (not including my actual final entry picture). Also wanted to hotrod the F100 a bit without making it look crazy, and I went for a different look on the SL65 BS. Note on the SL65 BS: it's very bouncy when landing from a jump. Already caused it to go wrong side up more times than during non-road races in jeeps or pick-up trucks.

16. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

The SL looks great in white and on those HREs.

17. Paladin Skylark is offline Stark

Where did you get that last SL shot it's great o:
    PSN: Sky_Gam // XBLA: SkylarkGaming // Steam: Paladin Skylark

18. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

Thanks guys.

Paladin, it's the smaller lake in the west, in Kiewa Valley west of the larger dam reservoir. The pier has one small fishers boat docked to it.

Be careful though, ofcourse the pier is quite narrow making a turn with anything larger than a GT86 a challenge not falling in the water. Besides that, the game doesn't recognize it as 'safe ground'. When you enter the ramp, you can only drive on the bit that goes from left to the boat at the right. And even on that bit, you can only get halfway to the boat before the game resets you to the dirth paths.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

19. RobikV3 is offline RB26DETT

You can actually get to that little island in centre of the lake

TDU Online again - 28.09.2014
    Uplay : RobikV3

20. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

Quote Originally Posted by RobikV3 »
    You can actually get to that little island in centre of the lake

Myth confirmed!