Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Default Photoshoppers WANTED for help with Top Gear video

You may be wondering why I'm asking help from photoshoppers for a video. Well to make the Top Gear video work, it highly rests on the in-car shots being realistic.

I tried just using the raw video from when the car left the garages, but when the presenters are talking for 20 seconds, the video is very laggy with it being streched.

What I have done, and am in the process of doing, is using Vegas' handy shap-shot tool to take a screen shot of (nearly) every frame of a video clip of a character coming out of the garage.

The Character does not really move very much, but having him move a little bit is better than not at all. Also, in some garages, the driver turns the wheel. I am currently thinking of doing 2 sets of these for each character. So in total, 320 images. which is why I need help! I will do most of it, just i;m asking so you can lighten my load The amount you do is up to you The more images you do, the higher you will be in the video credits of photoshoppers

For a 4 second clip, there are 40 images.

I have this:

And need to turn it into this:

I really would like some (even if it's a little bit) of help from some people. As I don't really want to trall infront of photoshop for hours on my lonesome getting RSI

I will get all the images up in the next day. I need advanced photoshoppers, so the images do not look crap. Sorry.

Please say if you're interested, then we can talk about how you would like to start (with a .psd with transparency etc)
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

2. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

Hey I'm in. Got nothing better to do right now. Send me some pics

3. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

So you just wanna get rid of the background, and have a transparent windscreen? No probs, I'm in

4. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Quote Originally Posted by KingSkyline »
    Hey I'm in. Got nothing better to do right now. Send me some pics
    Quote Originally Posted by randomus_r »
    So you just wanna get rid of the background, and have a transparent windscreen? No probs, I'm in
    Thanks both. When my mum gets off the Laptop, I will upload around 20 pictures for you each with the .psd to make it easier. Just say if you would like to do some more and I'll happily put some more up for you

In the .psd, I have the transparent window on another layer.
    Last edited by Iced_Bullet; 26/03/08 at 09:18 AM.

5. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Here are your rar files with 20 images in, and the .psd file with the window in.

You need to add a black background to the original image. Then group / merge them together, so you make the image with the background, so in esence you're making it non-translucent. Then ... cut out the background and window. Add a tranaprency of 47% to the window. Then save as a .png.

Thanks in advance. I'm not in a rush to get these, but anytime over the next few days would be best thanks.

KingSkyline:
    http://icedbullet.googlepages.com/JM_Images_Files_1.rar

Randy:
    http://icedbullet.googlepages.com/JM_Images_Files_2.rar
    Last edited by Iced_Bullet; 26/03/08 at 09:18 AM.

6. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Bullet »
    Here are your rar files with 20 images in, and the .psd file with the window in. As Vegas decided to put some tranpsarency on the video screen-shot. you need to add a solid black background behind each image. Making it non-translucent. Thanks in advance. I'm not in a rush to get these, but anytime over the next few days would be best thanks.

KingSkyline:
    http://icedbullet.googlepages.com/JM_Images_Files_1.rar

Randy:
    http://icedbullet.googlepages.com/JM_Images_Files_2.rar
    I'll get on it when I can get onto my comp.

7. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

This is what i do with photoshop

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

8. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Very nice! so you gunna apply and ask to do some piccys for me ?

9. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Anyone else want to help? MadMax? TSS? I've already done another 60 pictures and it's getting very boring

*curses at TDU limited in-car sequences*

10. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

Very nice! so you gunna apply and ask to do some piccys for me ?
    Well, next week would be oké, this week im full with exams.

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

11. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

OK, thanks Mb.

@ Everyone. The sooner this gets done, the sooner the video will be released! I just need anoher filming sesh for the car park scene and a few motorway ones here and there. Then I need to do the in-car ones. And that'll be the time consuming thing.

I am actally hating myself for being a perfectionist

12. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

Sorry, I'll get on with some of this today... So you want me the cut out the background and make it black?

13. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

No. Make it transparent If you don't mind. And use the .psd in the .rar to get the same translucent window as me and KingSkyling.

So in esence you're doing the same as I did in the OP. As that has a transparent background and a translucent window

Thanks.

14. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

Okay whatever. But you did say

... As Vegas decided to put some tranpsarency on the video screen-shot. you need to add a solid black background behind each image. Making it non-translucent.

15. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Quote Originally Posted by randomus_r »
    Okay whatever. But you did say
    Oh yeah. Right ...

You need to add a black background to the original image. Then group / merge them together, so you make the image with the background, so in esence you're making it non-translucent. Then ... cut out the background and window. Add a tranaprency of 47% to the window. Then save as a .png.

I shall edit that previous post. Sorry for confusslion

16. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

Oh, I get you now. I think... Two secs

17. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

I got you now I've looked at the PSD.... alright?

I know it's not perfect, that was only a quickie

18. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Yup. I tried my lot for the second in-car ferrari. And it turns out that the blue bits don't really matter. It's just the face that needs to be perfect. Oh and if you just copy and paste that layer into the next image, then just use the magic wand tool to select the b'ground as the car bits don't move. It's just the face. So it makes it a damn side quicker if you do that then fiddle with the face selection

Oh, and there is a bit in the wing mirror which needs to come out ...

19. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

Right okay. No probs ^^

Damn, knew I'd forgotten part of it

20. macd79 is offline Chuck Norris

ill help if you need

E8400 @ 4.34GHz | HD4870 @ 790/4400 | Corsair XMS2 4GB | Asus P5Q-E | Corsair 750W PSU | Antec 1200 | WD 320 SE16 | G25 | G15 | G9x |

Page 1 of 2 12 Last