Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Ryzza5 is offline .

When you're the underdog little guy* any news is good news I guess

*Relatively speaking, in terms of potential customer base
    Last edited by Ryzza5; 21/07/16 at 23:33 PM.

2. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Just a typical press release really, trying to make sure the reputation of the company isn't in danger and that any future sales aren't affected.

Basically you come away from reading a press release about a car which had a failure and had a fairly dangerous crash thinking 'wow! that car is very well engineered, what a great company' Very impressed that they're rebuilding it using a lot of the same underpinnings.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

3. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Yeah, but I don't recall any manufacturer issuing a press release on their test mule's crash/failure.

4. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Even one sale being thrown into jeopardy would be huge for a company like Koenigsegg, it makes sense really.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

5. RobikV3 is offline RB26DETT

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    When you're the underdog any news is good news I guess
    Underdog? In what? Theyre building one of the most expensive, and fastest cars on the world, I wouldnt call them an underdog

TDU Online again - 28.09.2014
    Uplay : RobikV3

6. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Quote Originally Posted by RobikV3 »
    Underdog? In what? Theyre building one of the most expensive, and fastest cars on the world, I wouldnt call them an underdog
    I guess when you're competing against Bugatti and Porsche, who are both funded by the juggernaut that is VW, Ferrari who are part of Fiat, McLaren who are rolling in da dollah etc I guess it is okay to call them the underdog yes.

Their closest rival is Pagani I guess, and even they source their engines from Mercedes.

7. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by #Myk2016 »
    Their closest rival is Pagani I guess, and even they source their engines from Mercedes.
    They've developed their own now, have they not? I guess you could say Koeni is the underdog of the supercar world, if that's even such a thing when you're building multi-million pound cars
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, hes standing under a waterfall.

8. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Softie »
    They've developed their own now, have they not? I guess you could say Koeni is the underdog of the supercar world, if that's even such a thing when you're building multi-million pound cars
    Is this new engine for a future model? The Huayra still uses an AMG engine does it not? A modified M275 6.0L V-12.

9. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Quote Originally Posted by #Myk2016 »
    Is this new engine for a future model? The Huayra still uses an AMG engine does it not? A modified M275 6.0L V-12.
    Yes, they use AMG motors, but the Huayra has an M158, to be precise.

10. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

My bad. For some reason I was under the impression they had ditched the AMG engines
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, hes standing under a waterfall.

Page 2 of 2 First 12