Topic:

PC Help

1. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

Default PC Help

Hi Guys,

Well a few of you (usual suspects) might have heard me talking about this online.

I have a new work laptop and I've found that a couple of websites give me a funny display.

Right first the details ...

I'm running a Dell Precision M6300 running XP Prof V2002 SP2 with a NVIDIA Quadro FX 1600M graphics card with the resolution set to 1920x1200

Right first I have a problem with the BBC homepage ... it doesn't display the tabs properly, one of them gets almost hidden behind a box rather than all 4 being inline.

Secondly ... when I go to carwalls (to get some new backgrounds) the 1920x1200 backgrounds appear zoomed in when viewed on the website, but display perfectly well on the laptop when used as a background.

So is this bad programming on the website designers side? Or is there something I have wrong in my display settings ... Please note I'm a complete beginner when it comes to set up a pc ... I install programmes, I use programmes, I do work ... I don't know how to 'tweak'

Oh this site displays perfectly!

I've had to resize the pictures (due to forum restrictions) but I guess you get the idea

Thanks, Hybrid
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    I'd rather be topless !

2. khevolution is offline Most likely To Hit a Tree

im no expert myself, but from looking at it, i think its the website design unable to display at that resolution

if you can try reducing the resolution down to 1280x1024 if you can or something closest to that as i've just tried them site on my computer with the above resolution and it works all fine

Hope that helps

3. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

Thanks Khevo ...

Well I really need to run the high res for a lot of the work software I use so I'll have to live with the BBC doing a rubbish website!
    I'd rather be topless !

4. khevolution is offline Most likely To Hit a Tree

as i said that is just my guess so may not be the reason, im sure some of the PC guru's on here might be able to fill you in a bit better, but thats my theory on things

Glad to help

5. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Lemme just use mt TV and use 1920x1080 and see if i have the same problem.

EDIT: well i just checked mine and it seems to be fine, so maybe you could try using a different internet and see if that solves the problamo.
    Last edited by Camel; 20/03/08 at 23:19 PM.

6. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

Um, they all look normal to me....?

7. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

Quote Originally Posted by randomus_r »
    Um, they all look normal to me....?
    if you look at the pic of the bbc site I've circled in red a hidden tab ... this should be on the same row as the other 3 ... "BBC Food" "Malcom Mclaren Game" "Remembering 1968" underneath the "Radio4: 1968" box

Quote Originally Posted by Playhouse Disney »
    Lemme just use mt TV and use 1920x1080 and see if i have the same problem.

EDIT: well i just checked mine and it seems to be fine, so maybe you could try using a different internet and see if that solves the problamo.
    Firstly I'm using 1920x1200 not 1080

What the Hell do you mean by use a different Internet ... I thought there was only THE INTERNET ... I never knew there were different ones ... LOL! Could be a Nugget there?

Do you mean a different Web Browser ... as in Firefox instead of IE ... or a different ISP?
    I'd rather be topless !

8. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid_IV »
    if you look at the pic of the bbc site I've circled in red a hidden tab ... this should be on the same row as the other 3 ... "BBC Food" "Malcom Mclaren Game" "Remembering 1968" underneath the "Radio4: 1968" box

Firstly I'm using 1920x1200 not 1080

What the Hell do you mean by use a different Internet ... I thought there was only THE INTERNET ... I never knew there were different ones ... LOL! Could be a Nugget there?

Do you mean a different Web Browser ... as in Firefox instead of IE ... or a different ISP?
    Oh sorry, I have a throat infection and i cant sleep, therefore i was tired and i meant use a different internet browser.

9. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

I don't know really, but is it something to do with the fact you can move things around on the BBC site, as you can move around the Radio section to another part of the page. Try fiddling with that maybe. this is a strange bug *confussed*
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.