Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Multiple-uploads is on the agenda CLR. Again it is something I want to do because it makes sense but it's the how that I need to investigate. As for the description, it is to make it easier for your item to be found if someone does a search for a specific topic. If you title an item and it's funny but you don't have funny in the title then if someone searches for 'funny' (a common search) your image won't show.

But adding a simple: 'a funny incident that happened during an...' then your item will be included.

The fact of the matter is, the gallery is basic and anything you do to help your stuff be found when it drops off the first page or so of the main or category it's put in, the better.

Case in point: Search for 'BMW' and you get your old green one in the results but Camel's DRIVECLUB shots and cal's recent postings don't show.
    I'm a bit mental.

2. Ryzza5 is offline .

But who is it that is searching the gallery?

Quote Originally Posted by An absolute legend!
    Maybe anyone who wants to.
    Why do they want to? I'm not saying it will never happen. But to stress the importance of tagging implies that there is an assumed reason and I'm curious to know what that might be.
    Last edited by Ryzza5; 18/07/16 at 13:49 PM.

3. Ryzza5 is offline .

Can I suggest a horizontal scrollbar for narrow screens?

4. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

What resolution are you running where that happens?

UPDATE:// 20/7/16 – Reduced the width for the elements that hold the media.
    I'm a bit mental.

5. Ryzza5 is offline .

It's called Windows Snap I believe (2 side by side windows)

so uh, about 540px
    Last edited by Ryzza5; 20/07/16 at 23:52 PM.

6. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

Having uploaded some more pictures since my last comment, these are my experiences:

- I would definitely look into allowing multiple image upload at a time, like 5 or so. The 60 second thing can stay, but then make it 60 seconds before you are allowed to upload the next 5.
    - Above also ties in with the manual approval thing. I've noticed a couple of times that while uploading several pictures, a person with rights to approve them had only approved one, because obviously they're not hovering over the Approve buton 24/7. Because of the manual approval though, I might have intended to post 4 pictures on the forum, but I either can only post one (which feels incomplete) or I have to keep the tab page and the post open very long until all pictures are approved. Ofcourse this won't help for posts that involve 30 pictures, but I would personally think 5 pictures at once is good enough to post, then wait before you can show the next 5.

Ofcourse this is just my humble requests, you'd have to see when you want an evaluation moment and see how well everything works and what impacts it has.

7. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Hey CLR, I haven't been ignoring you, I'm just late. (usual!)

The items you mention make perfect sense and the time limit and auto-approval is something I will look at when I get back to the Gallery. As is the ability to upload more than just the one thing at a time, but as that will require brain things from myself that might take a bit longer, unless I get lucky and can hit some zone.

The main reason I haven't been back to it and took to working on other things that you have probably seen showing up, disappearing, breaking and then staying where they should, is because I want to monitor performance before opening up more taps as I don't want to give an option or feature that I then need to take away again due to its effect.

I will get to it though, of that you can be sure. I just have other things I need to attend to first.
    I'm a bit mental.

8. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

No problem, it's purely just mentioning it for later improvement rounds. You run the place, you decide if, how and when

9. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Cool

You guys asked and I said I would do my best to make it happen and despite wanting to get it done for Forza Horizon 3's release yesterday, taking the extra time was the right choice.

So what am I on about?

Well for those of you who have access to the Gallery (ie not banned from it)...

1) As obvious as it is, having the ability to post multiple files at once was something you all asked for and wanted badly. Well now you have it! Depending on your activity on the you will have either one, two or three options available to you to use.

2) YouTube videos can be added by entering in a typical url: youtube.com/watch?v=XXXXXXXXXXX and youtu.be/XXXXXXXXXXX recommended but others will work too.

3) Another one you guys wanted was quick approval of the media. Well now if you have over 100 posts your media will be auto-approved on successful submission. We are putting our trust in you guys with this.

tl;dr

Between 10 - 99 posts: one input and requires approval
    Between 100 - 199 posts: one input with auto-approval
    Between 200 - 349 posts: two inputs with auto-approval
    Above 350 posts: three inputs with auto-approval

I will be monitoring how performance goes while this new set of features is used and will tweak things if they need it and will keep on doing my best (despite being an idiot) to continue improving this place for you muppets!

Cheers!
    I'm a bit mental.

10. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Great updates, they make the gallery much more intuitive to use

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

11. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Put in a small update just now that will make the sharing of pages and items from the Media Gallery on social media that much easier for us (and you if you want) by implementing the Open Graph info into the main page, category and member pages as well as the viewing of the media item itself. Eh... what? This basically means that when you share a URL from the Gallery, the info shown on the post/tweet/etc on that service will use the title, text and image instead of randomly grabbing the banner image or someone's avatar and using that.

As we said this is a bit *meh* in the grand scheme of things but it was one of those things we wanted to get working well and so have done. (we hope!)

Another change, which might be more welcome, is the lightbox (the thing that shows the fullsize image) has been changed to the one used on the forum. This one is better as it allows you to hit the icon on the bottom to maximise the size to eclipse that of your browser viewing window, rather than be constrained within like the one previously did.

I also just want to say a massive thanks to those of you who use the gallery to post some of your amazing images and such. It's been fun seeing them showing up and I hope you will continue to do so.

I'm a bit mental.

12. Ryzza5 is offline .

Is there a way to get a lightbox on the main index page instead of navigating?

Or, can we at least fix up the middle-click so that only the new tab navigates and not the current tab as well?

Thanks

13. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

I've removed the onclick to stop the current tab navigating also. I copied the modified code from the original and that was left in even though it isn't needed. How long have you been getting irked by that and not said anything I wonder??
    I'm a bit mental.

14. Ryzza5 is offline .

irked is probably too strong a word, I may have mentioned in the CB once before but no biggie

15. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

I don't live in the chatbox so I wouldn't have seen it.
    I'm a bit mental.

16. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

UPDATE:// 17/12/16 – Filesize limit for images has been upped to 3MB.

A number of you have mentioned how the pics you take exceed the 2MB that was previously allowed, well that's been changed to a figure that should allow you to be able to post your pics more freely now.

Thanks.
    I'm a bit mental.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Search Tags

media gallery
posting images
posting videos
tduck announcement
tduck change