1. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Must say that I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this now. Not been looking forward to a game as much as this for quite some time now.

Not the biggest map but it's definitely not the smallest either and should be big enough and varied enough to keep people occupied for a good while. As for the handling, there looks to be 2 settings still. Normal and Simulation(probably) with the videos I've watched using the normal mode hence the arcadey look to it.

Had a look at the UK prices and the ultimate edition is the same price that the Forza 6 UE was at £79.99. A little bit steep but won't be a problem for some to get the VIP and season pass as well as a weeks early access for an extra £40.

2. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

Size of the map isn't everything. Fuel at time of its release had like a 14.400 km² game world, and that was more a downside. Ofcourse partially due to the post-apocalyptic story, but such a large world would just be impossible to make living and active within a reasonable time frame without compromising on quality.

I've been searching around a bit but I can't really find answers. What are the expectations of the online things? Will PC players be forced to get some Xbox Live thing account membership? Or would that only be for the cross-platform service?

3. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

To play online I'd hazard a guess at players needing some sort of online subscription, possibly under a different name from Xbox Live but still the same thing.

4. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Going for a paid subscription didn't work out well for them last time, so not sure I can see them doing it again. This is MS though and they are forking out $26bn for LinkedIn so you never know.
    I'm a bit mental.

5. Ryzza5 is offline .

Well now that MS owns Minecraft I expect they'll name the Pc service after Emeralds

Before you laugh, the major Windows 10 OS update was named Redstone. Ok you can laugh now.

--- Post Updated ---

btw it'll be interesting seeing how Murican players go with driving on the right (correct) side of the road in this...

6. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin Skylark »
    I'm still very excited the only thing that has be worried is the size of the map, why can't they make a decently sized map!?!
    true, my only criticism for the previous game was the map size and they failed to improve that BUT, think of it from microsoft's point of view. People can still tolerate the small map perhaps until fh4 or the title after this one. Why even bother investing when the price of the game is still $60 and people are still going to buy it regardless.
    Studios used to create games for their own sake, but that was in 80s and 90s. It's ALL about ROI, NOTHING ELSE, even if they try to convince you otherwise.
    Last edited by Ozzmcom; 15/06/16 at 05:26 AM.

7. Ryzza5 is offline .

Please tell me where I can buy it for $60

If they're committing to a 2 year development cycle then they can only make the map so big. The Crew was 5-6 years.

8. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    Please tell me where I can buy it for $60

If they're committing to a 2 year development cycle then they can only make the map so big. The Crew was 5-6 years.
    microsoft store.

9. Ryzza5 is offline .

Just trying to do the maths (in the aussie dollar)

FH3 Standard edition: $100. 350 cars. That's $0.29 per car. Except it's actually much lower because car licenses are only a %age of the development budget.
    FH3 Deluxe edition: additional $20. Additional 15 cars. That's $1.33 per car. Other items have a development cost (i.e. new events) but are relatively negligible.
    FH3 Ultimate edition: another additional $20. Additional 42 cars. That's $0.48 per car.

There is no single fixed cost per car - some licenses are going to cost more than others (i.e. Ferrari + Lamborghini). So I guess the most expensive cars would be shoehorned into the Deluxe edition car packs.

The only other factor is that a vehicle license cost might not depend on sales numbers. So if they're expecting only 50% of people who buy the game to buy the DLC, then they need to double the price of cars in DLC to make the same margin.

10. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

well you've missed a couple of things. A the Australian store is a rip-off scam like many other regional microsoft stores. B I was talking in USD. When buying from microsoft store always buy it from the US website.

11. Ryzza5 is offline .

nothing missed, everything declared. too much effort to find the US page for the sake of writing a post.

12. Ryzza5 is offline .

Gameplay video

No idea what aids may or may not have been enabled but I'm a tad concerned about how much he was wrangling the steering wheel, no precise inputs made at all there, meaning bad FFB. Hopefully plenty of time to improve. FH1 handled ok, FH2 on X360 seemed a little worse and the PC demo of FM6 is absolutely terrible to let's hope the trend reverses.

13. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

urgh why dont they just give up on this whole festival theme. It's cringe worthy.

14. hassan1995 is offline ( •_•)( •_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

Well you're the creator of the festival so you can make it all stop

15. Ryzza5 is offline .

Worrying that there was no definitive positive answer regarding support for non-Xbox 1 wheels on PC.

16. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjAM1Uivl64

Worrying that there was no definitive positive answer regarding support for non-Xbox 1 wheels on PC.
    I dont think any pc player takes that for granted. If they add it it'd be a huge shock.

17. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

I'd like to have more info on the PC version and what MS will force PC players to do to play the game. From what I could find until now, was that PC playing is a feature of the game rather than a separate release, meaning you can only buy it on Xbox and then start it on a Windows machine. And then there's still that Live thing, meaning you'd have to pay an extra membership to go online I assume.

I was excited at first, but with the current info Forza is just as far away from PC as it was before FM Apex...

18. nfsMIB is offline Ladedruck

The game looks good and everything... but there's one thing that I'm really not looking forward to: XBox Live for Windows

It was a pain in the ass with the Dirt and F1 games, and it still is with Forza Apex
    (+ I was too stupid to set a username years ago, it's now something like "erfegghhttgm")
    Last edited by nfsMIB; 27/06/16 at 11:14 AM.

19. Ryzza5 is offline .

Last edited by Ryzza5; 27/06/16 at 11:49 AM.

20. Margebadze is offline Exoticar Driver

hopefully someone can clear this up i would love to play forza on pc i used to play it all the time on xbox years ago and have been waiting for it to come to pc. but i will not be getting forza if it requires gold membership on pc i will get it if it doesn't require it someone please clarify.

This has been answered clearly and repeatedly, but I'll answer it again. No, you do not have to have a Gold subscription to play online over Xbox Live on a PC.
    (c) official forums
    http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst65004_xbox-live-and-Horizon-on-PC.aspx