E3 2016 - June 12th - 16th
It's time for the TBEEE2016NNT thread which can only mean one thing! I've been eating alphabety spaghetti again. Or it's nearly time for E3 2016! Surely we can be sure that there will be some big announcements this year as there has been every year. But who will pack the biggest punch this year? Will it be the big daddys of E3 in Sony or Microsoft or will it be from the likes of EA, Bethesda or Activision?
Live Streaming Schedule and links
Conference Date/Time Stream Link EA June 12, 1PM PST / 4PM EST / 9PM GMT Youtube - EA Bethesda June 12, 7PM PST / 10PM EST / 3AM GMT Twitch Microsoft June 13, 9:30AM PST / 12:30PM EST / 5:30PM GMT Xbox PC Gaming Show June 13, 12PM PST / 3PM EST / 8PM GMT PCGamingShow Ubisoft June 13, 1PM PST / 4PM EST / 9PM GMT Twitch Sony June 13, 6PM PST / 9PM EST / 2AM GMT Twitch - UStream Nintendo June 14, 9AM PST / 12PM EST / 5PM GMT Twitch - Nintendo
Thread: The Big E3 2016 New News Thread!
Results 1 to 20 of 33
The Big E3 2016 New News Thread!
Xbox Play Anywhere
Cross-platform play between your Windows 10 PC and your Xbox One device. With Play Anywhere you can buy the game on one device and play it on another, so you no longer need to own a PC version and Xbox version of the same game. Shared game-saves and achievements allowing you to pick up on one device right where you left off. All Microsoft Studio titles shown at E3 2016 will support Play Anywhere, with more titles to come in the future.
Xbox One S
A new sleeker design in a "robot white" colour, the new S is the smallest Xbox ever and 40% smaller than the standard Xbox One. The S features an internal power supply (no more massive brick on your floor!), supports 4K for Blu-Rays and streamed content from apps such as Netflix and Amazon Video, and HDR support for video and gaming. You can pre-order now for: 500GB $299/£249/€299, 1TB $349/£299/€349, Limited Edition 2TB $399/£349/€399.
Project Scorpio (Trailer)
Coming holiday 2017 (I wonder which?), Project Scorpio will be the most powerful console ever with 6 teraflops of GPU power, 4K gaming, and high-fidelity virtual reality support. All of your current games and accessories will be compatible.
- Clubs: Connect with other gamers who share your play style, interests and values.
- Looking for Group: Seek out players who are available to instantly jump into your multiplayer match.
- Arena: Online tournaments for everyone from novice to aspiring pro on both Windows 10 and Xbox.
- Cross-play: Crossplatform support for players on Xbox One and Windows 10 in games such as GOW4, FH3, Sea of Thieves, and Scalebound. Crossplatform support for Minecraft players on iOS, Android, Windows 10 and Windows 10 Phone.
- Cortana comes to Xbox One with new commands for gaming-specific scenarios. Initially launching in the U.S. and U.K.
- Support for PC games to see what your friends are playing, view and record game clips, message and voice chat with friends.
- Language Region Independence: Choose any supported language for your Xbox regardless of your location.
- A new Xbox Wireless Controller with textured grip and a more streamlined design for enhanced comfort. Support for Bluetooth allows for easy connection to Windows 10 PCs and tablets, assuming they have Bluetooth! Available in August for $59.99/£49.99/€59.99.
- Custom "one of a kind" controllers! With the Xbox Design Lab you can create your own unique controller with over 8 million colour variations to customise the body, D-pad, thumbsticks, ABXY buttons and more. Open for orders for customers in the USA, Canada and Puerto Rico for $79.99.
- Xbox Elite Gears of War 4 Limited Edition, featuring laser-etched claw marks and a "battle-weathered" design. Available in October for $199.99/£159.99/€199.99. Ouch.
- “ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED” (FIRST ON XBOX ONE AND WINDOWS 10). The wildly popular indie game from Studio Wildcard has sold over 1 million copies on Xbox One via Game Preview, and is soon coming to Windows 10. Stranded naked, freezing and starving on a mysterious island, you must hunt, harvest, craft items, grow crops and build shelters to survive. Learn how to tame, train, breed and ride dinosaurs and primitive creatures living on the ARK as you forge new paths across the beautiful open world in this large-scale survival game. Team up with hundreds of players online, play split-screen locally or brave the island on your own.
- “BATTLEFIELD 1” (ELECTRONIC ARTS). Featuring some of the largest, most dynamic battles in FPS history, experience the dawn of all-out war across war-torn France, in the sand dunes of the Arabian Desert, and in the skies over London — only in “Battlefield 1.” Join in massive 64-player battles and experience unexpected Only in Battlefield moments during a time where the old world was destroyed, giving way to the new one. Play it first, exclusively on Xbox One with EA Access beginning Oct. 13. Available worldwide on Xbox One and Windows PC on Oct. 21, 2016.
- “DEAD RISING 4” (WORLD PREMIERE). Developed by Capcom Vancouver, “Dead Rising 4” marks the return of photojournalist Frank West in an all-new chapter of one of the most popular zombie game franchises of all time. With an unmatched level of weapon and character customization, ambitious new features including new zombie classes and EXO Suits, “Dead Rising 4” delivers a heart-pounding experience as players explore, scavenge and fight to survive in an epic open-world sandbox. Available Holiday 2016 on Xbox One and Windows 10.
- “FINAL FANTASY XV” (SQUARE ENIX). “FINAL FANTASY XV” is the highly anticipated action RPG and 15th mainline entry in the iconic “FINAL FANTASY” franchise. Set in an enthralling world where fantasy meets reality, players will join Crown Prince Noctis and his comrades on an epic journey of brotherhood, love and despair as they unravel Noctis’ destiny and take up arms against the nefarious Niflheim empire. With a captivating cast of characters, breathtaking visuals, open world exploration and action-packed real time combat, “FINAL FANTASY XV” is the ultimate “FINAL FANTASY” experience for fans and newcomers to the series. Available worldwide for Xbox One on Sept. 30, 2016.
- “FORZA HORIZON 3” (XBOX ONE AND WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE — WORLD PREMIERE). The best-selling racing franchise returns with “Forza Horizon 3.” Race and explore the rugged wonder of Australia with your friends in over 350 of the world’s greatest cars as you win millions of new fans and build the world’s greatest automotive festival. As the new boss of the Horizon Festival, you can modify every aspect of race events, and how you get to the finish is up to you. Available worldwide as an Xbox Play Anywhere title on Sept. 27, 2016.
- “GEARS OF WAR 4” (XBOX ONE AND WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE). A new saga begins for one of the most acclaimed video game franchises in history. After narrowly escaping an attack on their village, JD Fenix and his friends Kait and Del must rescue the ones they love and discover the source of a monstrous new enemy. “Gears of War 4” returns the franchise to the dark tone and intensity of the original and includes split-screen and online co-op, the next generation of the five-player favorite, Horde Mode, 60 frames-per-second Versus multiplayer, and stunning visuals powered by Unreal Engine 4. Available worldwide as an Xbox Play Anywhere title on Oct. 11, 2016.
- “GWENT” (WORLD PREMIERE OF CLOSED BETA ON XBOX ONE AND WINDOWS 10). “Gwent,”the hit card game from CD PROJEKT RED’s game of the year — “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” — is now its own standalone collectable card game. Inspired by player feedback, with new rules and mechanics, “Gwent” puts players and their style of play, and not only their cards, in the center of the action. In “Gwent,” You are the Wild Card.
- “H@LO WARS 2” (XBOX ONE AND WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE). The best-selling console real-time strategy (RTS) of all time is back! Developed in partnership by 343 Industries and Creative Assembly, “lalalala Wars 2” is an action-packed RTS on the biggest lalalala battlefield ever. Get ready to lead armies of Spartans and other lalalala fighting forces like Warthogs, Scorpions and exciting new units in a brutal war against a terrifying new enemy, The Banished. Available worldwide as an Xbox Play Anywhere title on Feb. 21, 2017.
- “INSIDE” (FIRST ON XBOX ONE). Developed by Playdead, “INSIDE” is the long-awaited follow-up to 2010’s groundbreaking digital hit “Limbo.” Featuring Playdead’s trademark dark art, emotion and game craft, this adventure puzzler ships June 29, 2016, and is available for pre-order now. To celebrate the launch, “Limbo” will be free to all Xbox players from June 13‒20.
- “MINECRAFT” (REALMS AND ADD-ONS). Mojang and Microsoft showcased cross-device multiplayer between iOS, Android, Samsung Gear VR and Windows 10 devices, made possible with Monday’s launch of the “Friendly Update” for “Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition” Beta and “Minecraft: Pocket Edition.” With Xbox Live and the “Minecraft Realms” service, Windows 10 and mobile Minecraft players can host their own multiplayer worlds on private, cloud-based servers and play with friends 24/7, even when the original world creator is offline. Starting today, players with Xbox Live accounts can try “Minecraft” Realms on mobile and Windows 10 free for one month through the “Minecraft” app. The team also announced new game add-ons coming this fall that will let players modify their in-game worlds to customize key game elements and create their own maps and minigames.
- “RECORE” (XBOX ONE AND WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE). From legendary video game creator Keiji Inafune and Armature Studio LLC, the team behind the “Metroid Prime” series, comes “ReCore,” an action-adventure game masterfully crafted for the modern generation. Play as Joule, one of the last remaining humans, and forge friendships with courageous robot companions to lead them on an epic adventure through a mysterious, dynamic world. Available worldwide as an Xbox Play Anywhere title starting Sept. 13, 2016.
- “SEA OF THIEVES” (XBOX ONE AND WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE). Developed by Rare, the legendary creators of “Perfect Dark” and “Banjo-Kazooie,” “Sea of Thieves” is an immersive, shared world adventure game filled with pirates, unexpected dangers and loot for the taking. Be the pirates you want to be, share adventures with friends, and set your own rules, roles and goals in a world where every sail on the horizon is another crew of players with unknown intent. “Sea of Thieves” offers an experience that will evolve over time, landing in players’ hands early and growing based on feedback from the community.
- “STATE OF DECAY 2” (XBOX ONE AND WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE, WORLD PREMIERE). The next installment in the fan favorite “State of Decay” franchise immerses you in an all-new multiplayer zombie survival fantasy. Players work together to build lasting communities where choices made shape an interconnected world and form a unique experience every time. Available worldwide as an Xbox Play Anywhere title in 2017.
- “SCALEBOUND” (XBOX ONE AND WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE). From critically acclaimed developer PlatinumGames Inc. and renowned Game Director Hideki Kamiya, “Scalebound” brings epic adventures and battles at enormous scales across the beautiful and dangerous open world of Draconis. Customize main hero Drew and your dragon, Thuban, to suit your playstyle as you battle legions of soldiers and massive monsters solo or cooperatively with up to three additional friends on Xbox Live. Available worldwide as an Xbox Play Anywhere title in 2017.
- “TACOMA” (FIRST ON XBOX ONE AND WINDOWS 10). It is the year 2088, and humanity has taken to the stars. You step aboard the abandoned space station “Tacoma,” the facility’s Augmented Reality technology your only connection to the crew that once lived here. What happened to them — and what role did the station’s AI overseer, ODIN, play? Discover the truth in “Tacoma,” Fullbright’s follow-up to the genre-defining story exploration game “Gone Home,” when it comes to Windows 10 and Xbox One next year.
- “TEKKEN 7™” (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT INC.). An engrossing story intertwines the past, present and future fates of fan-favorite characters in “TEKKEN 7.” Known for revolutionizing the fighting genre through both its hard-hitting gameplay and diverse cast of characters, “TEKKEN 7” introduces enhanced fight mechanics alongside a slew of new combatants to ensure that your next fight won’t ever be your last. Available worldwide for Xbox One in early 2017.
- “TOM CLANCY’S THE DIVISION™ – EXPANSION I: UNDERGROUND” (UBISOFT®). Dive into the underbelly of New York to save what remains in Underground, the first expansion for “Tom Clancy’s The Division.” Explore the randomly generated mazes of subways, tunnels and sewers to fight deadly enemies and recover powerful loot. Experience an all-new incursion and find the latest weapons, gear and more. Available first on Xbox One and Windows PC beginning June 28.
- “WE HAPPY FEW” (FIRST TO CONSOLE ON XBOX ONE). Developed by Compulsion Games, “We Happy Few” is coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One this summer. In a dystopian, mod 1964 England that lost World War II, the citizens of Wellington Wells are taking a happy drug called “Joy,” and living in denial of their grim existence and a terrible past. Can you survive among them once you stop taking your Joy become a “Downer?”
PC Gaming Show
Last edited by TIMELESS; 14/06/16 at 09:04 AM.
New News Thread thread?
My guess for whats showen...
EA: Battlefield 1, as well as generic yearly titles. Maybe a peek at NFS? New Mass effect?
Bethesda: More Fallout 4 DLC, new Elder Scrolls? Announcement of shutting down Elder Scrolls online..
Microsoft: Forza Horizon 3, New Hallo? Random add on for the xBone that nobody will really care for, more free crap for Gold users, generic new xBone only game that will cause a fuss but fizzle out soon after and be a 'Also ran'...
PC Gaming Show: Now idea what this actually involves, so I'll guess it's showing off stuff that makes the 'PC master race' feel better?
Ubisoft: Assassins Creed 2017, Watch Dogs 2? New Far Cry? Bonus: The Crew 2 or DLC for The Crew announced, new 'Driver' game. Random new IP announced.
Sony: GT Sport, Last of Us 2? Little Big planet 4? New Infamous? Random arcade driving game? Random add on for the PS4 that nobody will really care for, Generic PS4 only game that will cause a fuss but fizzle out soon after and be a 'Also ran'...
Nintendo: New game of a long running franchise...
Probably won't be a brand new console but more like an Xbone slim and to be honest, it needs a diet. Certainly when stood next to the PS4.
The main game I'm looking forward to seeing is Battlefield 1 and possibly some No Mans Sky seeing as though it's been delayed by a "few weeks"/2 months.
Wouldn't mind seeing stuff about Mafia 3, FO4, new Elder Scrolls, Forza Horizon 3 and Crackdown.
Naturally Hans is wet, he’s standing under a waterfall.
Given I'll probably be too busy to play anything besides the odd procrastinative RL match I can handle some delays. That said I'll probably always be too busy.
Watch Dogs 2 confirmed for first show to public on E3. Several youtubers (such as theRadBrad) have received some sort of giftbox as seen below (no idea who the guy in the vid below is):
Also this might be as real as all the end-of-world days we've had to undergo, but an artist currently working for Rockstar had released pictures on a portfolio website of GTA IV's Liberty City park in V's engine... Instant hyping ofcourse of a possible E3 reveal of a Liberty City DLC... Ofcourse GTAForums.com is all over this, what did you expect?
For now, perhaps best to just throw it on the already big pile of possible meanings for Take Two's earlier statement of being on E3 2016 with something big...
While we're on Watch Dogs 2, new main character?
Source: Watch Dogs 2 protagonist potentially leaked : watch_dogs#LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN
Naturally Hans is wet, he’s standing under a waterfall.
He looks almost Asian which would be a surprise because Ubisoft loves their white protagonists.PSN: Sky_Gam // XBLA: SkylarkGaming // Steam: Paladin Skylark
It concerns me that they're going to go too far from the contemporary capitalist world of Watch Dogs 1, but when it comes to hacking etc there's only so far they can go from that without it becoming Sci-Fi.
I really enjoyed WD1 though, one of the only few games i've bothered to play in the past few years tbh.
Story-line was messy, game wasn't well optimised - whatever, it was the most fun I'd had in a game in a long time. It felt so new and original, albeit with a hint of Assassin's Creed in there. I'd be excited for 2, if it wasn't for that image to be honest. He should look like an outcast, someone you don't want to meet down a dark alley, instead he looks like a hipster.#LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN
Naturally Hans is wet, he’s standing under a waterfall.
I skipped the first one but if wd2 looks any good I'd pick up the first one seeing that's it's under £10 used
Watch Dogs 2 has its first footage released today. It learns that players will play as Marcus Holloway who is accused of a crime he didn't commit. Setting will be San Francisco and new controllable/hackable equipment includes cars, drones and cranes. Marcus will be armed with various items including a taser, and he can use a 3D-printer to print weapon upgrades and his own drones. Read more >>here<<
As Softie, said, the guy looks to be hipster "It's a Prank Yo" hipster kid.
And from the trailer it looks as if the group your working for is doing stuff to "Fight the establishment" and wanting follows. (Kinda like how Anonymous are these days), the kind of people who'd block a main road as a protest (Annoying thousands of people who are going about daily business.) or say 'police brutality' because he was told to get out of a fountain...
I mean, Aiden Pearce was essentially stealing money from the bank via the internet and such but then when his family was put in danger(Eventually killed) he went out to get revenge.
This guy looks like his story will be "I'm going to fight the establishment, but first lets go to Starbucks and tweet about how life is hard useing social media on on iPhone 7's"...
Hope I'm wrong, as I rather liked the first game!
Also I'm so sick of these games where you always be the good guy and beat the bad guy. For ONCE I wanna play as a templar or the criminal in watchdogs I mean come on.
I'd like to play as a baddie, they need to mix things up a bit now ubisoft has that same good guy formula for every game (Ac, far cry, Watchdogs etc...)
Playing as an antagonist will be a good thing although I'm not sure how detailed the stories would be.