Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

1. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Default The Grand Tour

After months of deliberation and lots of useful suggestions from the public, for which the guys are very grateful, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have decided that, because they are taking their new Amazon Prime Show around the world, it will be called The Grand Tour.

Not only will the guys travel to different locations, but for the first time ever the studio audience recordings will travel every week, all housed within a giant tent. Amazon customers will have the chance to be in the audience when tickets are released through prize draws this summer.
    Source: Amazon.co.uk: Originals: Amazon Video

I'm really excited about this giant tent.

Credit to BeSweeet for throwing this link at me.
    Last edited by Microphone; 11/07/17 at 13:06 PM.
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, hes standing under a waterfall.

2. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

I no understando

Is "The Grand Tour" the name of the show or is this just another show they're doing - like the TG Live events?

3. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Compensator »
    I no understando

Is "The Grand Tour" the name of the show or is this just another show they're doing - like the TG Live events?
    It's like right there! "Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have decided that, because they are taking their new Amazon Prime Show around the world, it will be called The Grand Tour." So yeah this is it. Bit of a lame choice of name.
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

4. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Compensator »
    I no understando

Guessing by the banner on Amazon, I think it's the name of the show.

Bit of an odd one, makes me think of the sort of show Ewan McGregor would do while touring on bikes or any travel show, rather than something that's about mucking about with cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calster17
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

5. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

forgive me Not what I expected, tbh.

6. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

That's a... terrible name.

Let's hope the show makes up for it. And I'm sure it will, and then some.

7. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Camel »
    That's a... terrible name.

Let's hope the show makes up for it. And I'm sure it will, and then some.
    Indeed. Between Amazon executives and their lawyer they probably didn't have much to choose from. It'll forever be Gear Knobs in my heart.
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

8. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

The Grand Tour was the traditional trip of Europe undertaken by mainly upper-class European young men of means, or those of more humble origin who could find a sponsor. The custom flourished from about 1660 until the advent of large-scale rail transport in the 1840s, and was associated with a standard itinerary. It served as an educational rite of passage.
    Grand Tour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

9. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

The idea could work, but if the fact they're moving around a lot, and if the new place itself takes away from what we know and love then i'll be kinda disappointed.

That said, people do need to understand that this is a different show and that we shouldn't be expecting TopGear but on Amazon. I do like the idea of touring around the world it could work well, but i'm also quite skeptical about it (as I am with everything) so will have to see.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

10. Ryzza5 is offline .

We already knew the show was a collection of 'TG specials' from around the world, where they have various car themed missions, so I guess the name kinda fits. It's just not... amazing. I guess they also think it's clever as it links to GT cars.

If it turns out they all did in fact have to agree on a name then it's also not surprising that it turns out to be a tad dull.... like a Ford Mondeo or Subaru
    Last edited by Ryzza5; 11/05/16 at 22:18 PM.

11. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Crap name. Probably try and call it GT all the time as a small but completely stupid dig at TG and the BBC.

The Grand Tour is more like a History channel documentary or something about trains imo. I cannot see that name sticking for long.
    I'm a bit mental.

12. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Clarkson and May discuss Brexit and Mondeos.

#LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

13. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Kind of a half arsed 'PLEASE VOTE REMAIN' political point, but then 'we're saying this for selfish reasons!' to make sure those voting to leave aren't too annoyed with them Oh well, glad they've bothered to make the video though.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

14. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

I'd like to see the full video of their discussion with the PM. Apparently Cameron is friends with Clarkson?
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

15. Ryzza5 is offline .

Considering how Clarkson helped him in India, why not?

16. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

They're both part of the Chipping Norton set, along with Rebekah Brooks and a few other big names. 'Friends' is an odd word to use in that scenario, I wouldn't say they were buddies haha.

17. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by #Myk2016 »
    They're both part of the Chipping Norton set, along with Rebekah Brooks and a few other big names. 'Friends' is an odd word to use in that scenario, I wouldn't say they were buddies haha.
    So neighbours then?
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

18. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Acquaintances.

Is it Autumn yet?

19. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

#LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

20. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

I wonder what they're up to.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Search Tags

clarkson
hammond
james may
the grand tour
top gear