Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Default Ford Mustang in Europe: Would you?

If you had £30-35,000 in the bank right now, and had to spend it ALL on ONE new
    car, where would your money go?

The reason I ask is that Ford is finally putting it's weight behind pushing the Mustang as a european-friendly car, even to the point there are RHD models available for us brits.

The reason the Mustang has been so popular throughout the past half century is its incredible value-for-money, and the new one seems to stray true to that. There are two choices here in Britain:

Fastback Coupé prices start at £30k, or the Convertible for +£4k.

2.3 Litre four cylinder Ecoboost Engine (£30k)
    - 300bhp
    - 407Nm of torque
    - 0-60 in 5.4 seconds
    - Not sure about MPG yet

5.0 V8 Engine (£34k)
    - 412bhp
    - 524Nm of torque
    - 0-60 in 4.8 seconds
    - Not great MPG

It's a legendary car with so much history, it's got decent performance, it's more europeanised than ever. It's pretty much a bargain, but WOULD YOU? Or would your money go elsewhere? If so, what would you get? Please post a comparison below

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

2. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

I think I would, but only if it was to be the V8 engine. The back end looks pretty cool but damn, the front end looks amazing to me. Angry and intimidating as a car should be!

I suppose you could get a German saloon but where's the fun in that?

3. Rassva is offline Lannister

I went on the interwebs to search. For 45k eur you can get a 4door Golf R, a 220d M-Sport Cabrio, V8 Camaro, Golf Vii Plug In Hybrid, the new TT. But what stood out for me was a an Abarth 695 Biposto, A 370z Nismo and a XK. The closest thing to the Mustang imho would be the XK, but I would go for either the Nismo or a cheaper Abarth 595 (25k Eur new). (I also like the Golf Hybrid a lot, no h8 m8s). Left the links down below.

4. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rassva »
    I went on the interwebs to search. For 45k eur you can get a 4door Golf R, a 220d M-Sport Cabrio, V8 Camaro, Golf Vii Plug In Hybrid, the new TT. But what stood out for me was a an Abarth 695 Biposto, A 370z Nismo and a XK. The closest thing to the Mustang imho would be the XK, but I would go for either the Nismo or a cheaper Abarth 595 (25k Eur new). (I also like the Golf Hybrid a lot, no h8 m8s). Left the links down below.
    True, but the Golf will look like any other golf to most people, the BMW and TT are ridiculously common, the Camaro is LHD only, the Abarth isn't the same thing at all, the XK is old fashioned and not worth purchasing now the F-Type is around. The only exotic piece of kit there is the nismo 370z.

The Mustang is rare on this side of the Atlantic, but many people are aware of its history and reputation, it's a really alternative solution. I'm going to have a look later where i'd spend my 35k

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

5. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

The current Mustang is a great looking car and it is certainly priced well for what it offers. If it was my money and I had to pick something I would be more inclined to look into a Subaru WRX STI first and then probably this. I've just always been a sucker for Scoobys!
    I'm a bit mental.

6. Dux
    Dux is offline BMW . . .

Well there is a Mustang in one of driving schools here in Serbia : http://www.polovniautomobili.com/por...rd_Mustang.jpg

Lol.
    You get few drives in it on highway and around just to see and experience powerful car in case one day you get one.
    They dont charge extra when you get to drive it, its standard part of learning to drive.
    I know this is offtopic i just wanted to share.

BTW, no i wouldnt buy it.
    Its nice and all but just not my type of a car, i would rather go for a nice bimmer.
    Someone said they are common, well not here
    Duxxilly in the game

7. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

It's a great looking car and I'd love to have one but I'm not sure I'd get one even if I had the money. I haven't looked in to other options and getting a Mustang is about the most impractical and un-Swedish thing you can do.

8. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas⁴G »
    It's a great looking car and I'd love to have one but I'm not sure I'd get one even if I had the money. I haven't looked in to other options and getting a Mustang is about the most impractical and un-Swedish thing you can do.
    I guess that is true

My main query was as to whether people could see the Mustang taking sales away from a BMW 440i for example.

The BMW 440i M-Sport starts at £42k, without any options. I'm willing to guess that the Ford comes with a fair bit of standard kit on the Mustang GT which is £8k cheaper, and you'll most likely be able to knock money off of the list price. Yes you're paying for the posh badge, but the 440i is slower, and a Mustang still has a decent and well known name and as you can above there are no big ford badges on the car. It really is a bargain.

9. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

I wouldn't... because I couldn't. 35.000 pounds converts to less than 45.000 euros where the entry-level 2.3 Mustang starts at €52.800 here. Also I'm a stupid number/badge type of guy with a mind-set like ''Porsche shouldn't build soccer mom tractors and beached whales'' and ''Ford Mustangs need a V8, end of a matter''. I'm not paying over 50.000 for an American 4-cylinder engined car. I don't know what I wóuld do, but I know it wouldn't be buying a Mustang.

Doesn't mean I don't like the looks btw, I really do like this Mustang.

10. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

I would.

For us Brit's, it's in a league of it's own, but it's a head over heart choice. Sure there is alot of cars in the £35,000 or under price range, BMW 135i, Subaru Impreza, Golf R, A/CLA45, Focus RS, etc. The mustang is't a choice for everyone, but for us in the UK no other car is in the same class. It's the cheapest new V8 you can buy with 'bang for your buck' right out the dealership. Sure the other cars I said are more practical,better for lap times and economy...but the end of the matter is if your even considering one then they are not of concern.

With something 80% of UK buyers having ordered the V8, with a manual coupe. My guess is it's 'actual car guys' who are buying it or people who are getting it because it's the legend that it is. Your likely going to get stopped at petrol stations and asked about it, or while loading your shopping into it at Tesco's. Everyone loves the car, with the Mustang name being as iconic as Ferrari! (as any non-car guy, they will know what one is).

I've thought these things out well, I nearly plonked a wod of cash and 5 years of monthly deposits on one....
    Last edited by calster17; 12/03/16 at 03:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calster17
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

11. Ryzza5 is offline .

I'd take a look, but it's a coupe. An APR Stage 1 Mk6 Golf R (second hand) would tempt me, or if I de-carbon the intake manifold in my car and get some new performance (Audi R8) coils I could probably hang onto my car for a bit longer.

The only thing that could tempt me to get a new Mustang is if it were a bargain (it won't be down here) and if it had a great interior with nice infotainment tech, etc.

12. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Yeah but the topic is asking what NEW car you would buy if not the Mustang Ry.
    I'm a bit mental.

13. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

I wouldn't. The answer is always...

Bet nobody saw that coming I'd just get this instead and use the leftover money for fuel and other stuff. Never been that much into american cars (though the Mustang is one of the better ones). The most expensive MX5 spec starts from £24k so that's £10k less than the ecoboost convertible 'stang, yikes! Though the Mustang is probably a car that I'd prefer as a coupe
    Last edited by superhyper; 14/03/16 at 13:42 PM.

14. Ryzza5 is offline .

I couldn't buy a new car. I don't earn enough to afford depreciation. The Golf R's I'm looking at have already lost half their original value. Even my car is probably worth half what I paid for it (+ add-ons/mods). Do any of us here own a 'brand new' car anyway? - that was purchased by oneself, not using the parent fund.

15. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

Realistically speaking buying a new car is something I won't be doing before retiring unless I win a lottery But the idea of this thread is more about the what ifs

16. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

I won't buy anything brand new because it's too expensive in this country and you can get such awesome used cars for the same money. I'd be truly stupid to buy a Golf or a Prius (nearing 30K for base editions starting MSRP), or even a Citroen C1 (starts at just over 10.000). Either being stupid, or simply don't give a hoot about what you're surrounded by 2 hours a day. But I do care about that, and if I spend that much money I am spending it on something I like and really want to have.

But to stay near the focus of the topic... ye I could go for the Mustang if the UK prices were like that over here. 35K for a V8... omg.
    Last edited by CLR-GTR; 15/03/16 at 18:20 PM.

17. Ryzza5 is offline .

Kinda hard to say no to this, although the centre console looks a bit drab

18. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Never thought I'd want a Mustang so much...
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, he’s standing under a waterfall.

19. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

More footage.. THAT SOUND

#LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, he’s standing under a waterfall.

20. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    Kinda hard to say no to this, although the centre console looks a bit drab
    It's pretty awful, the centre console. And that is because you cannot get the SYNC3 nav thing if you order the Track Pack, or want the Recaro seats in the regular GT350.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last