Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Default F1: Australian Grand Prix

This thread will contain Race spoilers after 6am tomorrow morning GMT.

And Qualifying Spoilers now:

Just a thread for us to talk about the Grand Prix (if anything interesting happens)

Who do you think will win the race / season?

=============
    ==================
    ================

Hamilton is on Pole!!!!!!! wooohoooo. I see he hasn't lost his touch over the break!
    Last edited by Iced_Bullet; 16/03/08 at 09:42 AM.
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

2. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Indeed, he did show off abit but good on him. hope this is a sign of things to come with you know who and you know who not being in the top ten qualyfying.

3. TDU 505 is offline Clinically Insane

hmmm i say WBA is gonna win...
    oh wait a minute.....

4. Aquila DK is offline is Tom Kristensen :D

I love the fact that Alonso was too slow to qualify

"Supercars are designed to mess with G forces, hypercars are designed to mess with G strings." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Noobs are great, everybody should own one

5. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Ive been practicing the track on my ps3 F1 champ edition, ill post my time and see how i do, i imagine the game is going to be quite realistic with these type of things

I hope hamiltion wins, and button does well also

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

6. -Lr-SpeedraceR is offline Car Aficianado

Nice start of season for Hamilton, let's hope he'll win the race

I also hope S. Bourdais will make a good result for his first F1 race, first french driver in F1 since years...

7. Nige is offline Buy American ....

Ok first of all I watched it live and obviously wasted my time .

Kimi just slowed down, I had a bet on Kimi getting the pole and the race win looks like I am 5 down now !!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though if any 'wonder kid' fanboy thinks he would have been on pole if Kubica didn't have that 'slip' then you are stupid, that lap was by far the pole lap , so thinking Hamilton is all good because he gained pole ain't big or clever !!!! What if Kimi didn't have the brake malfunction and made it into the top 10 shootout ??? I bet he would have got pole.

Kimi & Kubica are gonna rip 'wonder kid' & Kovi into place this season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Canada 2010 Ice Hockey Winter Olympic Gold Medal winners!

8. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Well doesn't look like they will start anytime soon nige Hamilton was the only "top gun" who finished, with only 8 people finishing. Kovelinon (w/e) was unlucky with pit timing, and would have finished 2nd if it was for the Safety Car (gving MmcLaren 1 + 2).

lol at Kimi endless stupid mistakes though! I think he wants the Championship too bad, so he was pushing too far ...

And yes, I was sad enough to wake up at 4am to watch it

9. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

WOOT!!! YEAH!!!! HAMILTON WINS ONE OF THE MOST EVENTFUL F1 RACES IN A LONG TIME!!!

Great race, great start to the season, and only 7 cars finish the race... Timo Glock's crash was really spectacular
    Many unlucky people here as well... Sebastian Bourdais' and Kimi Raikkonen's cars giving up just 3 and 5 laps to the end respectively... And David Coulthard and Robert Kubica in really unlucky accidents caused by Massa and Nakajima respectively

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

10. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

I thought it was actually rather boring As the crahes were spread out and didn't all happen in a massive crash. OK, Coulthards car was smashed up badly, also, Glock's was big aswell, but it just didn't seem to excite me. Maybe it was me being half asleep right up until the last few laps.

Oh yeah, and the pit incedences, so maybe it was more eventful than I thought

11. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

OMG!! Webber crashed on the first lap! Christ it's his home round & HE CRASHES ON THE FIRST LAP!!.........DAMN!!! that guy doesn't deserve to be a Aussie.

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

12. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

This thread will conatin Race spoilers after 6am tomorrow morning GMT.

Please tell me the meaning of that!

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

13. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

Just finished watching it ... Go Lewis ...

Ok time for some comments ... Yes Nige I'll agree with you Kubica could have got pole position if he hadn't gone wide, but he did and it's racing. As to Kimi it was actually a shame that he had the car problems in Quali

And so to the race ... Lewis had a perfect race ... can't fault him or McLaren (Nige I'm a McLaren fan boy and not specifically a Lewis fan boy ... although having a British Driver in the team is much better ... Oh I used to be a Williams fan boy in the era of Nige and Damon ... although I was always a great fan of Senna)

It was a shame for Kova ... bad luck with the safety car

Webber just seems to have no luck in Australia does he!!!!

Kimi showed that perhaps the cool Finn isn't cool under serious pressure

Out of all the drivers I felt really sorry for Kubica ... such a great weekend with him for Quali and doing so well in the race ... looks like BMW could be a team to watch

And my final comment ... I loved the comment Coulthard gave after his incident!

Here's looking forward to next weekend ... I might watch that one live.
    I'd rather be topless !

14. -Lr-SpeedraceR is offline Car Aficianado

A great race imo, lots of things happened
    Perfect race for Hamilton. Too shame for Bourdais who was 4th for his 1st race in F1 at 2 laps to go, mechanical problem :/

15. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid_IV »
    And my final comment ... I loved the comment Coulthard gave after his incident!
    what did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

16. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

ROFL @ Hybrid

Lets just say coulthard was not happy, and called massa an illegitamate and some other words that he is going to probably get disciplined for!

I watched, I thought it was an interesting watch due to the fact that everyone was finding it quite difficult to control their cars

@ Nige, Hamilton deserved to win as he didnt make any mistakes and was able to control his car, saying that it was luck that kimi didnt come first is absurd!, two big mistakes, hamilton drove well and IMO He deserved to win, the opposition didnt have good luck, and things would have obviously been differant is traction control was in place

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

17. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

That was one of the best F1 races i have seen in years, they all became so dependent on traction control because they just let the car do most of the work but now they have to fight the car and a rewarded if they are skilled and make few mistakes and are punished if they race without all the elctronics by being put into a wall.

18. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

Quote Originally Posted by Car Freak »
    what did he say?
    He said something along the lines of that if Massa didn't take responsiblity for the accident he wanted to kick 3 colours of .... out of the little ... (obviously not mentioning the words here as it must be on the banned list for the site) ... if you really want to know f1-live.com has the quote!

But back to the important stuff ... the lack of traction control was good ... I loved the slide Lewis did in Quali ... haven't seen an F1 car slide like that in years ... reminds me of the good olde days

Oh another thing about the ferraris ... looks like they might have to check the life of the engines ... especially with the Torro Rosso loosing the engine too
    I'd rather be topless !

19. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

YEAH!!! Go Hamilton. Won all the way and had a great car.

Alonso did well yet you could see that his car was not fast enough. If Kova did not hit that pit speed limiter he would have not been passed.

Ferrari did really bad dispite Kimi's blast at the start of the race.

The BMW's did excellent in qualifying. And they will do good all season.

William will atleast finish the Champion ship in points.

20. Nige is offline Buy American ....

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid_IV »
    Kimi showed that perhaps the cool Finn isn't cool under serious pressure
    Don't judge Kimi on one race !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So that was crap wasn't it ????????????????????????

Kimi - 0 points
    Kubica - 0 points

Ferrari - 0 points

I'm not impressed at all with Ferrari first the qualifying now this !?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Another thing I don't like is the fact that most of the drivers had some sought of bad luck but surprise, surprise 'wonder kid' gets none .

Waste of my time, once the raced finish I come upstairs because frankly I don't wanna hear all the 'wonder kid' talk of him being 'great, magnificent, superb, greatest human to ever live/walk on this earth etc, etc.

I am now gotta watch some NHL Hockey atleast american hockey coverage isn't so blatently biased towards an American player, ITV should take note !!!!

P.S. DON'T JUDGE THIS SEASON ON THIS RACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Canada 2010 Ice Hockey Winter Olympic Gold Medal winners!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last