Thread: BTCC 2016

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Default BTCC 2016

The season has't even started yet it's looking to be interesting already!

The big news so far?

- Team BMR have teamed with Subaru to not just use the Levorg as this years car, but also having manufacture backing! Thats right, we now have (at time of writing) 3 manufacture teams in the sport! Powered by a 4flat-4 engine powering the rear wheels...with Jason Plato & Colin Turkington driving.

- Andy Jordan is going to be racing for Motorbase Performance, bringing over the Pirtek sponsorship.

- Tom Ingram has resigned for Speedworks.

- MG have committed to another 3 years in the sport.

- Welch Motorsports are replacing the Protons

So let's see what else happens! The season launch is on the 22nd March!
    Quote Originally Posted by Calster17
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

2. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

So what other cars are in this season? The last time I followed BTCC it was Civics and Toyota Avensis'.
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, hes standing under a waterfall.

3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

I wonder if those VW CCs will see new owners as they certainly proved they were capable of the good fight.
    I'm a bit mental.

4. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Softie »
    So what other cars are in this season? The last time I followed BTCC it was Civics and Toyota Avensis'.
    Quite alot actually....

MG, Ford, BMW, VW's, Chevrolet's, Audi's, Mercedes,Vauxhall, Protons and even Infinity!

-

@Diablo: I'd be surprised if them CC's never found homes in the championship again. Likewise I'm hoping Welch's Proton finds a home, or somone wil give me 100,000 to re-home her!

--

I'm sadly not going to be able to attend Knockhill this year, that weekend I'll be jet setting off to for the West Coast of United States of Americaland for two weeks as my mate decided to have his wedding the following week. I'm making sure to bring this point up in the Best man's speech though.

Anyone here going to manage to attend a race this year? Well wroth it if you can manage!
    Last edited by calster17; 14/01/16 at 04:07 AM.
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

5. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

- Rob Austin is to be racing for Handy Motorsports this season. Running in a Toyota Avensis...sadly no Sherman this year. Knew he lost his big sponsor at the end of last season but never though we'd see RAR leave the sport.

- Jack Goff has moved to West Surrey Racing.
    This means at the moment, 888/MG have no confirmed drivers.
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

6. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Just been taking a glance at the new liveries and man they have put some more thought into them for this season. Looks like the TV deals and maybe the increasing popularity of the series is making more companies take notice. Just thinking back to those jet black VW CCs for example, those things were on screen so often it was nuts to see them without any sponsors on them.

Check them out.

AmD Tuning Audi S3 - Classic Audi Livery

more pics and info

Handy Motorsport's Toyota Avensis - Rob Austin's new drive!

more pics and info

WIX Racing Mercedes-Benz A-Class - Adam Morgan

more pics and info

Tom Ingram's Speedworks Motorsport Toyota Avensis

Really like the splash of colour the Avensis' have on their wheels, makes them pop a bit more. And it's so good to see more larger 4-doors on the grid. Makes me hark back to the good old days of the 90s!
    I'm a bit mental.

7. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

That Audi is beautiful!
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, hes standing under a waterfall.

8. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

A bit of light on Dan Welch's 2016 plan's.

He's a fantastic guy, and loved how he'd throw the little Proton about the place with good results (not in the past 2 seasons) so wish him best of luck! Hopefuly see him putting up a good fight again this season!
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

9. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

I only follow BTCC from a bit of a distance as I tend to watch F1 when that's on, and forget to watch BTCC the weekends F1 isn't on, but I'm really happy that Subaru have joined up, it should make things much more interesting

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

10. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

Honda Yuasa Racing is now officially Honbda Halfords-Yuasa Racing, thanks to co-signing Halfords as the new title sponsor!

The car so far for testing...

Yes, looks like they forgot to add the stickers.

why is this a big thing? Well Team Dynamics (Who run Honda's BTCC Op's) and Halfords have some history together...

With the DC5 Integra...

Which caused a stur thank's on part to the fact the car was't offically sold in the UK (But it was in a round about way)

And the FN Generation Civic's

Funny how thing's go full circle at times...
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

11. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

You mean it's weird how a sponsor drops out when things aren't going entirely peachy but then when they are and the races are shown all over TV and spectator numbers continue to rocket that they come crawling back? Yeah that is funny.

Perhaps too, the Halfords logo made some people actually go to their shops as brand/team loyalty and support can be a really powerful thing.
    I'm a bit mental.

12. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

In the crazy world of motorsports, this is called "Heritage"
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

13. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

The BTCC racing starts from around 11:30 tomorrow and it's Tom Ingram on Pole with the two Honda's of Shedden and Neal right behind. Qualifying was a case of who managed to put down a quick lap before the drizzle impaired the track, stopping many from improving and challenging for the top few grid positions.

Even though it was only qualifying, because of the light rain a ton of the grid were out on the track at times and it gave a small glimpse at what the chasing pack will look like and it is looking damn good. It was really great to see many different models each with their own eye-grabbing liveries.
    I'm a bit mental.

14. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Actually got chance to watch a few hours of racing today! Usually miss the BTCC.

Got to admit, Brands isn't one of my favourite tracks though but there should be plenty of action to keep me happy.

15. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Time for the final BTCC race of the day! Some of the support races have been full-on too, that last Ginetta GT4 was pure crazy! It was like a Clio Crash Cup race in many respects.

Yeah the Indy circuit is never a layout I really rate much as it just feels too short, though in saying that it's quite fun to watch when it's wet due to the nature of the corners.
    I'm a bit mental.

16. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

That was quite an amazing save by Andy Jordan there.
    I'm a bit mental.

17. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quali for Thruxton is about to kick off and the Free Practice sessions have shown Turkington to be quite quick in the Scooby-doo, so that's good to see that car coming on well.
    I'm a bit mental.

18. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Good job Ingram and brilliant job wee Moffat and outstanding lap by Neal even with all that success ballast. Scooby's didn't do that well after all though which was a shame.
    I'm a bit mental.

19. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Looking forward to actually being able to catch bits and bobs of the touring cars today for a change.

Shame that the Silverline Subaru team have had to withdraw on safety grounds due to their new fuel rail not being strong enough. The Scooby sounds amazing and by far the best sounding car this season.

Never the less, it should still be a fantastic day of racing!

20. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Jesus...

Have they swapped Dunlops for Pirellis? 4 front left punctures in the space of 2 laps. Neal tried to get back into the pits and hit/got hit by an MG causing a rather large crash on the start finish straight! Red flagged.

Unbelievable Geoff.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last