Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Default North American International Auto Show 2016

The first of the season, 2016's Detroit Auto Show, kicks off today and runs until the 24th. What do you like so far, and what are you all looking forward to seeing?

Here's a few to kick off the thread:

Buick Avista

A sleek, sweeping proportion is the foundation for this vision of a contemporary grand tourer, with a 400-horsepower twin-turbocharged V-6 driving the rear wheels and a driver-focused cockpit offering a comfortable, connected center of control.
    "The Avista embodies the dynamic soul of Buick," said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global Buick Sales, Service and Marketing. "It is a modern expression of the brand's heritage of sophisticated performance, communicated with beautiful elegance."

Mercedes-Benz E-Class

The 2017 E-Class will launch in the US with a 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder engine. The 241-horsepower and 273-pound-foot engine will be paired with a standard 9G-Tronic nine-speed automatic transmission. It's unlikely US buyers will be limited to the E250 or E300 (or whatever MB ends up calling it) for long. Based on the official images – which already show the Euro-market E220d, a plug-in E350e, and an E400 – we expect Mercedes to flesh out the US engine range fast, with a new Mercedes-AMG E63 sitting at the top. Look out for that one.

Source: autoblog.com
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, hes standing under a waterfall.

2. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

Lexus LC 500
    A car apparently intended as a competitor for the 6-series and E-Class Coupe. Powered by a 5.0 V8 with 477 hp from the GS-F and RC-F, it does 0-60 mph in under 4.5 seconds.

3. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

That E-Class is growing on me in design, I think the proportions suit a car of that size more than it does on the C or S.

There are a lot of exciting cars being released at Detroit, but out of them all this one had me interested the most (No, i'm not turning into calster I promise )

The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica:

The outside looks fab, but the inside looks god awful traditional minivan. It's a shame Will we be seeing it in Europe as a Fiat (or chrysler?) I hope so.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

4. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

God almighty, who thought those exhausts were a good idea?

I think you might be right about the E-Class' proportions. However I still hate it on principle. You can't just sell the same car in different sizes, Mercedes! >.<
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

5. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Softie »

I think you might be right about the E-Class' proportions. However I still hate it on principle. You can't just sell the same car in different sizes, Mercedes! >.<
    They did the same in the 80's and 90's and nobody said a thing, Audi does the same thing now and it works, VAG does it cross-brand and it seems to work, so why not . Though I agree the E could have been something better, something more recognizable. One of the key things were double headlights and the tail lights extending onto the trunk lid, and what do you know, it lost both

6. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CLR-GTR »
    They did the same in the 80's and 90's and nobody said a thing, Audi does the same thing now and it works, VAG does it cross-brand and it seems to work, so why not . Though I agree the E could have been something better, something more recognizable. One of the key things were double headlights and the tail lights extending onto the trunk lid, and what do you know, it lost both
    Exactly, that's my point. You could easily recognise a C, E, or S, and they were also easily recognisable as a Mercedes. I don't see Merc's logic here at all
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

7. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Also, can I just add that I really don't like the whole headlight design at lexus at the moment, the fake metal swoosh in the shape of where a normal sized headlight would be. It's clever and modern sure, but it doesn't look that good from some angles and when the car is stationary and up close it can look absolutely god awful. A quick glance at high speed makes it look great but that isn't the case most of the time.

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

8. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Really like the Buick and Lexus. But damn, those tailpipes are ridiculous so let's hope the production model is changed...

9. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Audi A4 Allroad

Why buy an SUV when you got this?

10. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Can't believe Allroads still exist. Ridiculous things, but god damn I want one
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

11. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Ridiculous things are big SUVs on 21-inch low-profile tires.

12. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Why do they always put cheap looking plastic around the car when making these standard but a bit taller cars? Makes it looks like a Rover 25 Streetwise... Cal will argue that that is a good thing but it's really not.

13. Ryzza5 is offline .

Looks ugly, but then again I guess so do stone chips.

14. Soundwave is offline Can You Hear It?

That A4 Allroad!

15. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Quote Originally Posted by Camel »
    Why do they always put cheap looking plastic around the car when making these standard but a bit taller cars? Makes it looks like a Rover 25 Streetwise... Cal will argue that that is a good thing but it's really not.
    They offer a painted version. IMHO the unpainted looks cool but not with every color.

16. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    Looks ugly, but then again I guess so do stone chips.
    They won't get many stone chips taking their kids to school on unstoney leafy roads.

17. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

I absolutely adore that crossroad, in that colour, I'd probably add a slight tint to the windows and it would be perfection.

Have they solved the reliability issues with it? (If there were any) The crowd over on jalopnik tend to use the Allroad as an example of one of the least reliable vehicles ever haha

18. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Very nice for "Hunday". Although not exactly... original design, is it?
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

19. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

The new Lincoln Continental has leaked (again) before its supposed unveiling tomorrow:

Pictures from Jalopnik - Drive Free or Die

I really like it, the front bumper isn't as good as it was on the concept (reminder http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...fa8obyxf0a.jpg) but the inclusion of those doorhandles from the concept, that rear light bar and good looking interior makes this a rather quirky and cool alternative to the main german and british luxury vehicles.

20. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

It looks quite like a Mondeo, however that front end is a lot more meaner and in your face. I do not know about the rear and that light bar, and the interior doesn't look that hot imo; it feels kind of old in fact.
    I'm a bit mental.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last