Topic:

ROTW #1

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 24

  1. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms
    Location: Made in China
    Posts: 2,743

    #1

    Default ROTW #1

    Replica Of The Week - Start - 12/03/08 Finish - 17/03-08

    This if the first Need For Speed Replica competition and I hope there will be more to come.

    Basics

    The objective of this competition is to create a replica of a real life car, that the winner of each competition will chose, but for the first week I will choose a car.

    Rules
    1. You can use, any version of the game you see fit, from this list.

    Need For Speed Underground

    Need For Speed Underground 2

    Need For Speed Most Wanted

    Need For Speed Carbon

    Need For Speed Pro Street

    2. The objective is to create a replica of the photo that is shown.

    3. Only use in game customization, no photoshoping.

    4. 800 x 600 dimensions for photos, 1 photo needed, if more please use attachments.

    5. Some cars are not in every Need For Speed game, but most people have and the NFS series so it shouldn't be to much of a problem. But if you do not have a version of NFS with the specified car, please say and it will be changed or you can sit it out, or chose a different car to make it look similar to.

    Here is the car that will be used to make a replica of.
    Mazda RX-7, nothing to hard to start with. (View attachments)



    Have fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by eleKtro; 16/03/08 at 17:44 PM.


  2. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!
     
    Location: Melbourne, Australia
    Posts: 3,198

    #2

    Default

    That bodykit isn't in any NFS i don't think.

    Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

  3. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route
     
    Location: Norfolk, UK
    Posts: 6,310

    #3

    Default

    I made one of those in Carbon AND MW, but my brother destroyed my memory card
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

  4. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms
    Location: Made in China
    Posts: 2,743

    #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGT »
    That bodykit isn't in any NFS i don't think.
    Doesn't matter, it will never be perfect no matter what car, makes it more of a challenge to see who can improvise and design better version.

  5. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too
    Location: Singapore
    Posts: 3,066

    #5

    Default

    Think I'll skip this one... my replica of this F&F RX-7 is crap... Was one of my very first replicas, and I never got round to improving it


    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

  6. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms
    Location: Made in China
    Posts: 2,743

    #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Car Freak »
    Think I'll skip this one... my replica of this F&F RX-7 is crap... Was one of my very first replicas, and I never got round to improving it
    Post it anyway mate please.

  7. RB26DETT is offline Banned
    Location: Manila, Philippines
    Posts: 5,389

    #7

    Default

    ooooh! i shall make on after i get home from college so that's approximately 4 hours from now. lol.

    can the judging not be based on who has the best GPU? because i have a posh 7300gs. car detail is set on high but i can't turn on AA because of the MAHOOOOOSIVE(lol) fps loss.

  8. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too
    Location: Singapore
    Posts: 3,066

    #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMax »
    Post it anyway mate please.
    Oh alright, fine... But it's pretty crap, easily bettered



    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

  9. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms
    Location: Made in China
    Posts: 2,743

    #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB26DETT »
    ooooh! i shall make on after i get home from college so that's approximately 4 hours from now. lol.

    can the judging not be based on who has the best GPU? because i have a posh 7300gs. car detail is set on high but i can't turn on AA because of the MAHOOOOOSIVE(lol) fps loss.
    I never said it was about who has the better graphical picture, it's about who can makes the best replica as in, who can make their car look the most similar the the given picture.

    Good effort Car Freak, I don't know why you say it looks crappy, looks spot on mate.

  10. RB26DETT is offline Banned
    Location: Manila, Philippines
    Posts: 5,389

    #10

    Default

    nice car freak. now i'm embarassed of my work. can we re-do our cars, like in potw we can change our entries?

    it's really sloppy. (i cant find the right vinyl for the sides!)






    Damn, ProStreet only has one widebodykit, and it's ugly!
    Last edited by RB26DETT; 14/03/08 at 14:14 PM.

  11. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too
    Location: Singapore
    Posts: 3,066

    #11

    Default

    Mainly it's because I didn't do the front bumper properly. You should see the ones they did on NFSUnlimited. Those are really really good


    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

  12. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms
    Location: Made in China
    Posts: 2,743

    #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Car Freak »
    Mainly it's because I didn't do the front bumper properly. You should see the ones they did on NFSUnlimited. Those are really really good
    Post them then, or are they different cars and not this specific RX-7?

  13. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too
    Location: Singapore
    Posts: 3,066

    #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMax »
    Post them then, or are they different cars and not this specific RX-7?
    Here they are:



    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

  14. RB26DETT is offline Banned
    Location: Manila, Philippines
    Posts: 5,389

    #14

    Default

    that is spot on, car freak! good job.

    i'm going to re-do mine now. (if that's allowed, max.)

  15. RB26DETT is offline Banned
    Location: Manila, Philippines
    Posts: 5,389

    #15

    Default

    edited my entry.

  16. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms
    Location: Made in China
    Posts: 2,743

    #16

    Default

    Here's mine, was harder than I originally thought

    Guys voting starts tomorrow, so If anyone else has an entry post it today please.

    On the voting thread I will choose 1 picture that you have posted, and it will be the picture of the front of the car.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by eleKtro; 16/03/08 at 17:46 PM.

  17. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too
    Location: Singapore
    Posts: 3,066

    #17

    Default

    lol... Not as many NFS players as we'd hoped...


    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

  18. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route
     
    Location: Norfolk, UK
    Posts: 6,310

    #18

    Default

    I've been too busy to get a long way through the game, spend some needd cash on a Mazda, and get moeny on TDU. Expect me to join in with ROTW#2 though
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

  19. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer
    Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
    Posts: 8,136

    #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Bullet »
    I've been too busy to get a long way through the game, spend some needd cash on a Mazda, and get moeny on TDU. Expect me to join in with ROTW#2 though
    Come on Iced, you can do better then that lol.

    It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

  20. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!
     
    Location: Melbourne, Australia
    Posts: 3,198

    #20

    Default

    all my NFS's are uninstalled sorry guys

    Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity


 
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

about us

  • turboduck is a community that is dedicated to driving and racing games of all types on all platforms. Whether it's ticking off the miles/kilometres while exploring an open world, crashing and exploding everything in an insane balls-to-the-wall arcade racer, or nailing down every apex and trimming off every tenth possible in authentic sim-racing. It's all up for discussion as we enjoy the virtual cars, bikes, and everything else that these games offer. So join us, jump into the discussions, and don't think too much about why a 'duck' is our mascot. ;)
turboduck twitter turboduck facebook turboduck youtube turboduck twitter turboduck rss