Topic:

Spyware help

1. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Default Spyware help

I have no idea where this has come from, I don't hink i've downloading anything dodgy, anything atall come to that but oh well. I've got a big problem with messeges poping up saying everythings gone wrong, google ad's are being replaced by thing of a more adult nature (though that might be google's fault) and every time I run spybot it find about 200 things, it dosn't get rid of them though, any idea one where it came from and two how to fix it.

Thanks.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

2. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Disconnect your router and do a full system scan with your anti virus program, then try getting lavasoft ad-aware. Works for me.

3. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Just got windows defender program and that worked, really should install norton, just gets in the way though. Spybot s and d is rubbish.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

4. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Pherelas »
    Just got windows defender program and that worked, really should install norton, just gets in the way though. Spybot s and d is rubbish.
    Yes, spybot is rubbish and I recommend McAfee total protection '08. I have used both Norton and McAfee and in my opinion McAfee is better.

5. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

My problem still isn't fixed, really annoying, Internet and comp is really slow, adverts are being switched for other ones and everything keeps crashing. Dunno what to do really, might go out tommorow and try and buy something that will work.
    -----

6. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

Use anti insect-spray?!
    Try Spyware Doctor, it's quite good. Keeps my PC clean for ages already.
    And it's free aswell (as far as i know).

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

7. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

ive heard AVG is good

also, try panda antivirus, theres a free online scan that sorts most your computer out here:
    http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeuse...ns/activescan/
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

8. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

i agree with playhouse, Mcafee is great, in the three years I've had it I've not had one virus or any problems.
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

9. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

i'd just like to add:

im feeling somewhat smug in the comfort of Mac OSX and its lack of viruses
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!